5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So when i ordered, i ordered the "Trail" tier kit. Everything should have had a Johnny joint in 1 end, and a rubber bushing in the other...
Turns out they must have "upgraded me for free" which, hahaha thats not really a thing in my experience :ROFLMAO:... And thats not at all to disparage them, they've been awesome with everything and the parts are VERY high quality. I just think its more likely they had this "Track" level kit in the color i wanted on-hand, and maybe not the level i ordered, so they made a decision, cuz they seemed as surprised as i was haha. But i'm speculating, either way the sleeve they sent me is for the rubber bushing end of their "Trail" tier i originally ordered. And apparently they don't make a 10mm ball center for the Johnny Joints, the closest is the 12mm that these come with.

Anyway, they offered to swap em out for me with the ones that have the bushing in one end so i can use the sleeve, 10mm bolt, and the welded nut since i'm not a fan of the idear of knocking/cutting the welded nut off the frame and using the 12mm hardware... I dont really have the right tools for that so when i'm finished it'll look more like i hired a rabid coyote to chew it off. :ROFLMAO:🤪

So i think i'm gonna go with the swap-a-roo.
Update on this, Core now wants to make me a sleeve for the 10mm bolt thru the JJ into the frame. on the top end rather than swap out the links...

Looks like it needs to be 40mm long, with a 10mm barrel and 12mm OD. Not something to be pressed in, it'll just take up the interstitial space between the 10mm bolt and the 12mm hole in the JJ... Should get rid of the slop from that and when tightened, be good to go. 🤞🤞🤞

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Perhaps a funny story: I'd describe myself as "ultralight backpacker" and "overlander" adjacent; I don't truly fit in either camp, but I enjoy backpacking and truck camping, and so I follow and draw inspiration from both (ahem) camps.

Ultralight backpackers engage in p*ssing contests about who brings the least amount of stuff into the wilderness, while overlanders compete over who can bring the most stuff.
as a self-proclaimed overlander who is one gourmet coffee maker away from 100% overlander, i reflected on the amount of camping gears I accumulated in 3 years:
2020 (4runner) - coleman ground tent, self-inflatable sleeping pad, coleman sleeping bag, one Costco fridge (bought for multi day trip), one folding table, one camping chair, butane stove, jackery 200w power station

2021 (4runner) - coleman ground tent for summer, shiftpod mini ground tent for winter/ colder weather, inflatable sleeping pad, pump for inflatable sleeping pad, coleman sleeping bag, Iceco fridge, coleman stove, self-made drawer system w/ pull out cooking surface, buddy heater, one camping chair, jackery 200w power station and BLDR 500w power station, waterport 3 gallon, DJI Spark, Skydio 2

2022 (4runner) - roof tent, coleman sleeping bag (for summer), REI 25 degree bag (for winter), buddy heater, iceco fridge, coleman stove, self-made drawer system w/ pullout cooking surface, iceco fridge, portable toilet and tent, one foldable camping chair, one lightweight foldable camping chair, waterport 3 gallon, roof mounted solar panel, Ecoflow Wave (A/C), DJI Spark, Skydio 2

2023 (Rebel) - new roof tent, coleman sleeping bag (for summer), REI 25 degree bag (for spring/ fall), Teton -25F bag (for winter), buddy heater, diesel heater, iceco fridge, coleman stove, flameking propane tank, Devos self standing camp lantern, mountain hatch (for use as table), iceco fridge, Jackery 200w, Ecoflow Delta 2, Ecoflow Delta Max Add-on Battery, Ecoflow Wave (A/C), Gazelle T4 (for use with Ecoflow Wave in summer as a "hangout spot" instead of awning), waterport, portable toilet and tent, DJI Spark, Skydio 2, Starlink,

holy **** that's a lot of stuff LOL

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not today but a few weekends ago. Friend finally done with the photos today so... i guess it counts?
Went camping, and that's me taking photos of my truck.

Sporting RCI Offroad shirt. Bummer they don't make anything for us or else I'd be begging them to take my money already.
IMG_6165.JPG

IMG_6252.JPG
Group photo time. Coincidentally we had 2 Rams and 2 Tacos
IMG_6284.JPG
Also added a lot of pinstripes that day going down this trail that I had no business in
IMG_6286.JPG
That was a tight squeeze. My wheels and tires barely fit but can't say the same for the sliders. IMG_6289.JPG
More slider touching
IMG_6290.JPG
Even more slider touching
IMG_6291.JPG
And MORE slider touching
IMG_6293.JPG
Some mild off camber action
IMG_6294.JPG
Doing jeep things. It's this kind of trail that made me kick myself for not getting a PW for solid axles, sway bar disconnect, front locker, and winch. Not that I need those for this trail but solid front and sway bar disconnect would let me feel less slanted when off camber.
IMG_6279.JPG
I also installed self-drive mode for the truck. Here the truck was driving itself and I was spotting for it and telling it where to go. My right hand pointed down to let the truck know I want it to go there.

Wild Bill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For anyone that bought or installed Leer tonneau covers, did your kit come with an “angle rail spacer seal?” I don’t know where this is supposed to go, and noticed I’m getting a lot of water inside my bed while everything closed.
Take a look at the gap between the tailgate & the fender, there is a big gap there.
Also, if the rear stake pockets are open (no covers) water will get inside to the bed.
I have the Truxedo PRO X15 low profile tonneau cover.

397STROKER

Reaction score
Not today but a couple weeks ago I installed Ironman 2" lift rear springs to try and get .5" more lift in the rear for a little more rake. I ended up with 2.5" of lift and holding. I like the looks but I think the spring are a little stiff as i do not carry a load all the time and these are a single rate spring. Also, the Bilstein shocks are only rated for up to 2" of lift. Could this cause an issue? The fully extended length is around 25.5" which is the same as some rated for up to 3" lift. I also installed a Belltech Sway bar and core 4x4 end links. The sway bar does make a difference in the corners.

Wild Bill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ready to take off after lunch for the long weekend.
View attachment 161893
How do you like the Nfab Epyx Side Steps?
I have looked at all makes & models & those are the ones I like the best. I just can't seem to pull the trigger on them.

I washed & waxed both the truck & rig today.
We are headed up the coast of Maine for 10 days.

Attachments

• 20230618_135038~2.jpg
    20230618_135038~2.jpg
    257.8 KB · Views: 61

Users who are viewing this thread