5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If I had a place for a tire machines I'd definitely have been looking for one. I know how to use them.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
These guys actually have me thinking to myself, "maybe you can actually change tires yourself! Maybe you should give it a try! Let's see what's on marketplace...".

Sigh....
The manual NoMar has a learning curve.

Be suspicious when "Comments are turned off" in the YouTube video

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm in manual mode:

Purchased used after MC shop said "2 weeks to put new tires on" and I had them off the MC already.

Can also purchase a trailer hitch set up to mount to.

I looked hard at No Mar before buying my first Atlas.

Fully setup and ready to go, the Atlas was only something like $400 more. It was been WELL worth it, to me. I've had one since around 2006. Over that amount of time, the extra $400 is just nothing. The convenience of the power turn table and power bead breaker is SO nice.

I've never had a need for mobile tire changing to do myself. At the racetrack, the race tire guys do the tire changes for me (back when I was racing). For street and dirt bikes, I make sure my tires are good before I leave home. No reason to need to change them when I'm away from home.

MurphBigHorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Stopped by the dealer to get two recalls done. Safety recall 37A reflash for etq and ZB8 tailgate . Took about 45mins and I was out the door. Funny thing is. The auto start stop bottom. It would never light when in the off position like majority of our trucks. Well it now lights up after the flash.

Attachments

• IMG_4370.jpeg
    IMG_4370.jpeg
    127.7 KB · Views: 51

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Stopped by the dealer to get two recalls done. Safety recall 37A reflash for etq and ZB8 tailgate . Took about 45mins and I was out the door. Funny thing is. The auto start stop bottom. It would never light when in the off position like majority of our trucks. Well it now lights up after the flash.
I have both of these to do and have not done it.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Finally found a few minutes to install the oil catch can I got from UnloosedChewtoy. Also added a new Wix air filter while I was there.

20230621_212359.jpg

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Gave it a bath and a decent detail, removed the 4x4 North sticker on the bedside and swapped out my Toyo AT3's for a set of Falken Wildpeak RT01 285/55/22 and a new set of Laramie replicas in gloss black.
The Toyo's weren't really a true 33 inch tire, more like 32.5. The Falken's are about 34.3 inches tall, but not as wide. Yet, i still had to trim the inside of my mud flap due to the taller tire. Liking the stance now, but this is my first set of black wheels on any vehicle, so it will take some getting used to. But, after cleaniing it all day, I'm liking the clean bed side and the blacked out look is slowly growing on me.
Before: 20230314_173127.jpg 20230420_104347.jpg
20230621_113557.jpg

After:

20230621_144138.jpg 20230621_144204.jpg 20230621_144037.jpg 20230620_151725.jpg
Left my 3/8" Bora Spacers. May not need them as they clear the UCA alot now bit I'll run with them for a little bit.
Tires aren't so loud, no more than the Toyo's. Ride is better with the bigger sidewall but haven't driven much yet. Will see how it rides during my trek to work.

Last edited:

familywagon

Reaction score
So what was the fix?? Mine just did this for the 2nd time. Last time it was in the dealer for 2 weeks they replaced the transmission valve body. And here we are 3 months later and it’s doing all the same stuff again as you described.
They did a flash I guess and it’s working so far

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just dropped off Skittle for the 4th time to get the sunshade and sunroof fixed......

4th time is the charm? Who knows...

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just did a 400-mile round trip with Skittle yesterday and averaged 19.3 mpg which I am pretty happy with considering i was driving 80 or faster. The truck was also loaded with all the camping gear, and my family has to pack the entire house for a 4 day camping trip.....

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just did a 400-mile round trip with Skittle yesterday and averaged 19.3 mpg which I am pretty happy with considering i was driving 80 or faster. The truck was also loaded with all the camping gear, and my family has to pack the entire house for a 4 day camping trip.....
Isn't that just the most annoying thing??

The house is literally empty when we go camping.....and we end up using maybe 15% of all the crap they made me jig-saw into the truck/trailer.

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Isn't that just the most annoying thing??

The house is literally empty when we go camping.....and we end up using maybe 15% of all the crap they made me jig-saw into the truck/trailer.
It is very annoying! I used to camp for a few days and I could pack everything in the trunk of my Valiant without issue. I would take firewood, tent, chairs and food without issue.

Now when we camp, 3 cots, 1 queen cot with air mattress, 4 large suitcases, chairs, 2 folding benches, tables, tent(s), ironing board, iron, 2 plastic dressers, 2 mobile wardrobes and many many plastic bags with pillows, blankets, etc! Its total insanity! I was packing up the truck to take them and I joking asked if she was moving out :ROFLMAO: that comment did not go over well:p:p

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It is very annoying! I used to camp for a few days and I could pack everything in the trunk of my Valiant without issue. I would take firewood, tent, chairs and food without issue.

Now when we camp, 3 cots, 1 queen cot with air mattress, 4 large suitcases, chairs, 2 folding benches, tables, tent(s), ironing board, iron, 2 plastic dressers, 2 mobile wardrobes and many many plastic bags with pillows, blankets, etc! Its total insanity! I was packing up the truck to take them and I joking asked if she was moving out :ROFLMAO: that comment did not go over well:p:p
I feel your pain. If I was camping by myself I would be happy with a sleeping bag under the stars. Bring my wife and half the house goes along.😆

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

WTF do you need an iron and ironing board while camping? Who you trying to impress? Smokey the Bear?

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
WTF do you need an iron and ironing board while camping? Who are you trying to impress? Smokey the Bear?
Ok so I forgot about the large duffle bag with shoes! I could not count how many they had...every trip I go on, I have 1 maybe 2(work conference) pairs of shoes. I don't even try to understand, I just go with it.

This reminds me of a story from many years ago, we took a family trip to Vegas and there was 7 of us cammed in a Dodge Journey:oops: so we had to put luggage on the roof, so I was very, very intentional that we have to pack lite, as there is just not enough space. So we are packing to leave Vegas and we are trying to fit everything and I opened up a suitcase to see if there was room, it was filled with shoes that she did not wear, as she spent the entire trip in flip-flops......I almost had a coming to Jesus moment....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread