5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Added a tailgate seal tonight in prep for the Bedrug once i get a new Velcro kit for it. For the most part it's a nice kit. Needs more of the big seal piece, and less of the small. As you can see, had to double up on the lower corners of tailgate, and couldn't get the very top sealed. Basically, you only need the small seal across bottom of tailgate, and the big seal for the sides. But there isn't enough of the big seal. I used the entire length just in the middle of sides between the two bumpers. It does make closing the tailgate harder, you really have to push on it. But it still opens just fine.

Link to the seal kit
ESI Ultimate Tailgate Seal with Taper Seal 10ft for use with Truck Caps and Tonneau Covers https://a.co/d/1ZleY0z
PXL_20230626_233042094.jpg PXL_20230626_233046416.jpg PXL_20230626_233051876.jpg PXL_20230626_233102113.jpg

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My tailgate rattles so bad, even after the supposed TSB look, that I'm thinking extra tailgate seal would be a great addition.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It is very annoying! I used to camp for a few days and I could pack everything in the trunk of my Valiant without issue. I would take firewood, tent, chairs and food without issue.

Now when we camp, 3 cots, 1 queen cot with air mattress, 4 large suitcases, chairs, 2 folding benches, tables, tent(s), ironing board, iron, 2 plastic dressers, 2 mobile wardrobes and many many plastic bags with pillows, blankets, etc! Its total insanity! I was packing up the truck to take them and I joking asked if she was moving out :ROFLMAO: that comment did not go over well:p:p
We just got back from Watkins Glen for IMSA race weekend, and I think I'm the opposite. My wife is pretty good at taking just what we need. I on the other hand, packed two grills and 4 folding tables. Maybe I just prioritize eating ha.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Me? Today I added the hail damage... Sigh.

Off to insurance and estimate and then paint and body.
(Fortunately, not terrible. About a dozen or two dings. Mostly hood, a few on the roof and door windowsills.)
I would see if they could be fixed with paintless dent repair. It's amazing some of the dents they can fix.

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm in NJ. I've noticed we've been getting some hail the last couple of years. Not too bad to cause damage though.

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The sunroof saga continues, now the passenger side has collapsed below the body line.....not even sure the sunroof frame is bolted to the body.

The dealer is still waiting on the replacement frame:confused:

So I ordered the bolts and will be removing the headliner this weekend and fixing this mess myself.

Passenger side:

sunroof 3.jpg

Driver side:
sunroof 4.jpg

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The sunroof saga continues, now the passenger side has collapsed below the body line.....not even sure the sunroof frame is bolted to the body.

The dealer is still waiting on the replacement frame:confused:

So I ordered the bolts and will be removing the headliner this weekend and fixing this mess myself.

Passenger side:

View attachment 161773

Driver side:
View attachment 161774
Sucks you are dealing with dealer incompetence. I'd be seeking out a different dealer to correct the issue.

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sucks you are dealing with dealer incompetence. I'd be seeking out a different dealer to correct the issue.
I may do that, but the next dealership is about 45 min away, ugh I have used them in the past but with similar results. Nice service writers/managers but the workers they hire are just not up to the tasks or they just don't care.

Users who are viewing this thread