5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

eazy1500

Reaction score
How was the install?

Super easy. 2nd one was like 10 mins after I figured everything out with the 1st one that took maybe 30mins.

I still have to line up the beams. But you can tighten the brackets enough so that you can adjust up and down with some pressure.

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Super easy. 2nd one was like 10 mins after I figured everything out with the 1st one that took maybe 30mins.

I still have to line up the beams. But you can tighten the brackets enough so that you can adjust up and down with some pressure.
I like it I am wanting to do something similar found some that you can do white led + amber as well I was thinking about doing.

eazy1500

Reaction score
I like it I am wanting to do something similar found some that you can do white led + amber as well I was thinking about doing.

Saw those. There’s some switchback bulbs now too. Went with these because of the rep with the taco and subi dudes. They were also on sale during the 15% off promo time.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Love my panoramic sunroof, but today found one of the flaws with it. It shudders when closing. I tried lubricating it and still did it. Took it to dealer today to get diagnosed. They tried lubricating as well and still did it. Next step is replacing the roof. The sunroof itself is not serviceable other than replacing motors or lubricating. The roof assembly is on national backorder. So will be driving it until new parts come in. Then will be going to body shop for major surgery. I haven't had an issue with rear window leaking, and hope this doesn't induce it as they have to remove the front and rear windows to do the work

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Sitting at my local dealer now waiting for them to finish with the PCM update for the 2021 eTorque recall.
Hello,

Please keep us updated on your repair after the vehicle has been serviced, as your feedback is important to us. Thank you

William
Ram Cares

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Had recall 37A for PCM done this morning. Not a jumpy as it was when moving from a complete stop. So far so good.
Thank you for your feedback on this. Please let us know if you run into any issues after this recall.

William
Ram Cares

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Love my panoramic sunroof, but today found one of the flaws with it. It shudders when closing. I tried lubricating it and still did it. Took it to dealer today to get diagnosed. They tried lubricating as well and still did it. Next step is replacing the roof. The sunroof itself is not serviceable other than replacing motors or lubricating. The roof assembly is on national backorder. So will be driving it until new parts come in. Then will be going to body shop for major surgery. I haven't had an issue with rear window leaking, and hope this doesn't induce it as they have to remove the front and rear windows to do the work
Try this: 3-IN-ONE® Lock Dry Lube

It has fixed multiple issues where water and other oils cause drag.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

eazy1500

Reaction score

CBH

Reaction score
Here’s my simple NOCO Battery Tender install. I attached the NOCO holding bracket to the fuse box cover so I can view the LED by peering in between the latched (but partially open) hood and the left front fender while the NOCO is plugged in to an extension cord. The NOCO’s cord is not very long, but it is long enough to hang out the front of the engine bay and can easily be tucked back under the hood when not in use. It’s the same setup I had on my Jeep. It works. NOCO1.jpg

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello,

Please keep us updated on your repair after the vehicle has been serviced, as your feedback is important to us. Thank you

William
Ram Cares
Interesting, is this for any lag or stalling? I've resigned myself to simply pushing the pedal most of the way down and spinning the rear tires to get it moving when it lags/stalls around a corner. I guess I'll use the excuse of light rear truck if I get pulled over. Had a Durango loaner for a warranty issue before that didn't have this issue, so I know they can program correctly if they want to.

jeep12joe

Reaction score
Interesting, is this for any lag or stalling? I've resigned myself to simply pushing the pedal most of the way down and spinning the rear tires to get it moving when it lags/stalls around a corner. I guess I'll use the excuse of light rear truck if I get pulled over. Had a Durango loaner for a warranty issue before that didn't have this issue, so I know they can program correctly if they want to.

This sounds like a real problem, I have never noticed anything like this in my truck. Have you taken it in to a dealer?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This sounds like a real problem, I have never noticed anything like this in my truck. Have you taken it in to a dealer?
It's probably just the transmission hunting for a gear. My guess is he didnt come to a complete stop and the transmission hadn't fully downshifted before he started to accelerate again. I have noticed it a few times with my truck, and almost a daily occurrence in my work van.

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's probably just the transmission hunting for a gear. My guess is he didnt come to a complete stop and the transmission hadn't fully downshifted before he started to accelerate again. I have noticed it a few times with my truck, and almost a daily occurrence in my work van.
Occasionally yes, stuck in 3rd rolling a country stop sign, but just as much waiting any length of time for a right turn on red in city traffic, the truck will not respond. I've pumped the pedal, and slowly pressed most of the way down, now just 1/3 pedal to start, and add more steadily till I get a reaction. I called it Heart Stopping Lag in another thread. Most likely EPA mandated, or Tradesman anti spin "feature", which don't laugh, but my last GMC had that. Waiting to get out of warranty to get it actually fixed by Greene or Hemifever.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Occasionally yes, stuck in 3rd rolling a country stop sign, but just as much waiting any length of time for a right turn on red in city traffic, the truck will not respond. I've pumped the pedal, and slowly pressed most of the way down, now just 1/3 pedal to start, and add more steadily till I get a reaction. I called it Heart Stopping Lag in another thread. Most likely EPA mandated, or Tradesman anti spin "feature", which don't laugh, but my last GMC had that. Waiting to get out of warranty to get it actually fixed by Greene or Hemifever.
If it's doing that from a complete stop, it sounds like a torque converter issue with the transmission. I'd definitely get it checked out under warranty. A tune isn't going to fix that

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If it's doing that from a complete stop, it sounds like a torque converter issue with the transmission. I'd definitely get it checked out under warranty. A tune isn't going to fix that
Sorry, didn't read close enough what you said a minute ago. No "engine" response from complete stop.

Quint

Reaction score
It finally got above 50degrees so that I could apply the vinyl overlays from Reflective Concepts. I never liked the monotone dark look of my truck. These overlays compliment the blue “etorque” badge in the hood. It looks fantastic. Customer service was also outstanding. What I didn’t expect but appreciated is that they send duplicates in case you make a mistake. In the end, I had two letters that needed to be replaced and luckily they sent those extras.

There are two pictures where you can see the contrast as I was adding the vinyl overlays to the badges.
IMG_0113.jpeg IMG_0118.jpeg IMG_0123.jpeg IMG_0124.jpeg IMG_0119.jpeg

IMG_0114.jpeg

Last edited:

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It finally got above 50degrees so that I could apply the vinyl overlays from Reflective Concepts. I never liked the monotone dark look of my truck. These overlays compliment the blue “etorque” badge in the hood. It looks fantastic. Customer service was also outstanding. What I didn’t expect but appreciated is that they send duplicates in case you make a mistake. In the end, I had two letters that needed to be replaced and luckily they sent those extras.

There are two pictures where you can see the contrast as I was adding the vinyl overlays to the badges.
View attachment 157498 View attachment 157499 View attachment 157501 View attachment 157502 View attachment 157503

View attachment 157500
which blue is this, mopar blue?

Quint

Reaction score
which blue is this, mopar blue?
Great question since I ordered the wrong one initially. They told me, and I can confirm, that "Medium Blue Metallic (B5)" is a very close match to what came on the trucks. I did not order letters to go on the 1500 badge in the hood, because I was concerned that the colors wouldn't be a close enough match. Now that I've got them on there, I will probably order the 1500 overlays as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online