5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Think I finally tracked down the creaking in my suspension. Thought it was from the front and after retorquing one side I could hear it from the rear. Jumped on the rear bumper and heard it loud. Loosened then torqued the control arm bolts to proper spec (200 ft lb is hard when you’re under a truck). Jumped on the bumper and couldn’t hear anything.

Hopefully I got it and will see when I drive.
🤔

Just noticed mine creaking. Sounds like front left...

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Noticed a clunk in the front end these last few days. Had a 12 hour drive commute Sunday and didn’t want to hear it on said drive. Rechecked and torqued everything all was well. Went ahead and looked for sway bar bushings since I was almost 100% that was causing the issue. Moog replacement could be sourced locally so I picked those up and have used them in the past on other vehicle suspension parts without an issue. Quick 30 min replacement with a good portion of that looking for the right size socket that I needed. Cut the old bushing off rather then removing the sway bar to slide the old off. Clunk be gone.

Also stopped at the CAT scale prior to stopping at my storage unit to grab my jobbox/tote/luggage since the truck was as empty as its really ever been since I bought it minus a toolbag with a few tools inside, wanted to get a base line on the weight for future potential trailer purchase. I’ll have to get another measurement with everything loaded up at another time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Noticed a clunk in the front end these last few days. Had a 12 hour drive commute Sunday and didn’t want to hear it on said drive. Rechecked and torqued everything all was well. Went ahead and looked for sway bar bushings since I was almost 100% that was causing the issue. Moog replacement could be sourced locally so I picked those up and have used them in the past on other vehicle suspension parts without an issue. Quick 30 min replacement with a good portion of that looking for the right size socket that I needed. Cut the old bushing off rather then removing the sway bar to slide the old off. Clunk be gone.

Also stopped at the CAT scale prior to stopping at my storage unit to grab my jobbox/tote/luggage since the truck was as empty as its really ever been since I bought it minus a toolbag with a few tools inside, wanted to get a base line on the weight for future potential trailer purchase. I’ll have to get another measurement with everything loaded up at another time.

I was thinking this could be contributing too. Then I saw my stabilizer bar links are at an interesting angle. Might get extended ones.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can’t go wrong with suspensions maxx, I swapped to those when I did the leveling thinking it sure wouldn’t hurt anything. Didn’t bother with the swaybar bushings then because I figured they should still be okay.

Hackmunch

Reaction score
My de-chroming adventure continues. This time its the door handles, tailgate handle and window trim. The only thing left is the grill and tow hooks. I already know what I want to do with the grille, just need to figure out the most cost effective way....

View attachment 156608 View attachment 156609 View attachment 156610 View attachment 156612 View attachment 156613 View attachment 156614 View attachment 156615 View attachment 156616 View attachment 156617
how bad was the door handles and tailgate handle.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I borrowed an idea from here and added some wireless charging. I used the picture hanging Velcro command strips to hol

Installed Retrax ProMX Tonneau, BedRug bed and tailgate mats and added some weatherstripping to where the tailgate meets the Rambox. For now, I opted not to Velcro the bed mat in. I like the idea of being able to easily remove it to vacuum or pressure wash. Overall pretty happy with everything, but not sure how well it's going to keep the water out.
where did you find the bedrug that fits with Rambox? I was having trouble finding it....had it on my 2020 no rambox and loved it!

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
902fe4e3f219ce18867099b8d498c8a8.jpg

Used it for truck things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can’t go wrong with suspensions maxx, I swapped to those when I did the leveling thinking it sure wouldn’t hurt anything. Didn’t bother with the swaybar bushings then because I figured they should still be okay.

Sounds like a plan to me.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Think I finally tracked down the creaking in my suspension. Thought it was from the front and after retorquing one side I could hear it from the rear. Jumped on the rear bumper and heard it loud. Loosened then torqued the control arm bolts to proper spec (200 ft lb is hard when you’re under a truck). Jumped on the bumper and couldn’t hear anything.

Hopefully I got it and will see when I drive.
Hey where’d ya find that spec, out of curiosity? I haven’t had an easy time tracking that info down.

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Added some graphics to my Rebel’s hood. Also figured it’s a good time to show my “vinyl installation process” for those interested. I’ve perfected this method over several past failed projects. This works for me and causes the least amount of rage quitting during vinyl installs, hope this helps you all with your projects!

ec38f8c6f657025c332829055f186040.jpg

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Last edited:

397STROKER

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread