5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That was their words. They told me it could be an issue between the engine and transmission...maybe a speed sensor? When I started driving the RPMs stayed up and it wasn't shifting. I turned the truck off and back on and it started working again but the CEL was still there. I have no clue what the code was, just what they told me, I'll find out more on Wed hopefully. They didn't have any techs on Saturdays.
Well I hope it’s only a programming issue and nothing major, seems like a rare issue for the truck to be misprogrammed for which axle ratio it has

2jzDave

Reaction score
Had a strange issue happen a few days ago, got home, put the truck in park like every other day. Push the button to shut the truck off and... It kept on running.. I instinctively pushed the button like 5 more times and it never shut the engine off. It almost sounded like the HVAC system shut down like normal, but then kicked back on. Didn't know what else to do so I revved the engine up a it and pushed the button a few more times, finally turned off.

To my wife's annoyance 😅, I of course started it right back up to see if it would do it again. It did the same thing. We put the kids down for bed and I went back out to further diagnose what was going on, the issue was no longer present and hasn't happened since.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't see that. He almost pulled off ground looping a 75... impressive.
yeah pretty nuts... i guess he was an alert returning (which is why everyone had their phones out haha) with hydraulic failure... you can see the main gear smoke out before he starts sliding... then the thing drops and breaks in half... no wonder my packages are always late with DHL...

(which actually stands for "Du hasst Lieferungen" which is german for "you hate deliveries"... not alotta people know that. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: )

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
yeah pretty nuts... i guess he was an alert returning (which is why everyone had their phones out haha) with hydraulic failure... you can see the main gear smoke out before he starts sliding... then the thing drops and breaks in half... no wonder my packages are always late with DHL...

(which actually stands for "Du hasst Lieferungen" which is german for "you hate deliveries"... not alotta people know that. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: )
I used to work for DHL. It's Dewey, Huey, and Louie. 🤣

Kovy23

Reaction score
Had a strange issue happen a few days ago, got home, put the truck in park like every other day. Push the button to shut the truck off and... It kept on running.. I instinctively pushed the button like 5 more times and it never shut the engine off. It almost sounded like the HVAC system shut down like normal, but then kicked back on. Didn't know what else to do so I revved the engine up a it and pushed the button a few more times, finally turned off.

To my wife's annoyance 😅, I of course started it right back up to see if it would do it again. It did the same thing. We put the kids down for bed and I went back out to further diagnose what was going on, the issue was no longer present and hasn't happened since.
Same thing happened to me except it wouldn't at all. I had to disconnect the battery to get it to shut off. Ended up getting a new push button and hasn't happened since.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That was their words. They told me it could be an issue between the engine and transmission...maybe a speed sensor? When I started driving the RPMs stayed up and it wasn't shifting. I turned the truck off and back on and it started working again but the CEL was still there. I have no clue what the code was, just what they told me, I'll find out more on Wed hopefully. They didn't have any techs on Saturdays.
Mine did that a couple weeks ago. Starting out in the morning, truck seemed to stumble a bit as I started driving down the street, and held first gear for too long and wasn't shifting into second gear. Shut the truck down, and restarted with a CEL. Was shifting fine after the restart, but CEL remained. The Fleet Shop at my work read the code and it was P0731 - Gear 1 Incorrect Ratio. CEL stayed on for the day, but after a few startup/shut down cycles, it was off by the next morning. Truck has been fine ever since.

2jzDave

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me except it wouldn't at all. I had to disconnect the battery to get it to shut off. Ended up getting a new push button and hasn't happened since.
Read about that somewhere else on the internet. So far it's been fine since, but if it happens again I'll replace it

Reaction score
Well apparently the bar I was sold is for the 2500/3500 models. Guy didn't tell me part numbers and I assumed it was for the 1500.

A little too wide for full bar and feet are too narrow for the top rails. No part numbers stamped which sucks otherwise I could have verified. Anyhow, ended up looking at install manuals and they both have different numbers for the 1500 and 2500/3500 on bottom right, I guess I should have looked closer when the guy sent me the pictures of manual.

For sale lol.

20220410_141621.jpg

Reaction score
Possibly for the TRX
As far as I know there are only 2 different product l numbers.

82215959AC (1500) and 82215869 (2500/3500)

Inside of TRX box is same as the 1500 as far as I know other members have gotten take offs from the TRX and put them on the normal 1500s.

Needless to say I'm not happy. Was all excited I found one for a good price and then this happens.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
She took me camping! Skyway Trail Loop in Alabama, a beautiful 18 mile hike in the Talladega National Forest. Lynyrd Skynyrd was right; the skies are so blue!

Paved roads all the way to the trailhead, which would make this a really crappy truck story except…

On the way, while just starting out in Georgia, I was behind a Dodge Caravan with a sticker that says, “I’m still cool.” I can’t say whether that’s true or not, but was cool was that they had a license plate frame from our friends at Mark Dodge. That’s where I got my current Ram.

Also on the way, I passed by the dealer where I got my first Ram. Wow, their lot is practically empty!
C9647AAE-16CA-4697-9B89-2073AEFE9E35.jpeg

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well apparently the bar I was sold is for the 2500/3500 models. Guy didn't tell me part numbers and I assumed it was for the 1500.

A little too wide for full bar and feet are too narrow for the top rails. No part numbers stamped which sucks otherwise I could have verified. Anyhow, ended up looking at install manuals and they both have different numbers for the 1500 and 2500/3500 on bottom right, I guess I should have looked closer when the guy sent me the pictures of manual.

For sale lol.

View attachment 125889
There is no way to take apart the top pole that runs across and take some inches off it?

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
struggled to raise my ride height on my fox2.5 dsc front suspension looks like shop it goes …

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
As far as I know there are only 2 different product l numbers.

82215959AC (1500) and 82215869 (2500/3500)

Inside of TRX box is same as the 1500 as far as I know other members have gotten take offs from the TRX and put them on the normal 1500s.

Needless to say I'm not happy. Was all excited I found one for a good price and then this happens.
Yes the TRX is the same at the other DT’s in this regard.
I would think you could just trim down the middle bars a smidge - that appears to be the only difference.

MurphBigHorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Played with Alfa obd. Added the tail gate ajar warning and changed my drl to front turn signals. Placed another phone on sensor to keep head lights off during the night. Literally took me few mins. With the help from little research before I started. Thanks to others on here for there posts.

6ff52a19bf1ee76e413bac160b5dca5e.jpg

88e180f448039b45d05963e88fe3ba1f.jpg

079505c23f64e9dbc713c4029ae54c58.jpg

b67645cd7748890b9ee4072f146db644.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread