5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

sactruck

Reaction score
Made it look at some of the trails/hills I used to destroy trucks in when I was younger. Also finally got around to putting mud flaps on (huskys). View attachment 120689
Your Husky Mud Flaps look good. I've been considering mudflaps for my Longhorn and did not want the OEM molded splash guards. I had them on my Bighorn and they extended onto the painted body and did not look good (my truck was billet silver and the black splash guards really stood out). Did you have to drill holes to install the mud flaps.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Your Husky Mud Flaps look good. I've been considering mudflaps for my Longhorn and did not want the OEM molded splash guards. I had them on my Bighorn and they extended onto the painted body and did not look good (my truck was billet silver and the black splash guards really stood out). Did you have to drill holes to install the mud flaps.

Thanks, not the most exciting mod but it feels a lot better to have them on now. And nope no drilling required, I just had them throw them on at my cousins shop with an oil change at the end of last week ( since it was around 0 degrees) but between oil change/tire rotation and the flaps I was out in about 40 minutes.

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed Head lights protector film. Bought some material from the Bay for very cheap. Excellent clarity, easy wet application. Looks like nothing is on the light.
Very pleased for that price.

Film1.jpg Film2.jpg

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Used AlfaOBD to enable the tailgate ajar warning in dash, changed my heated steering wheel settings to high/med/low and switched it to lesher steering wheel. For some reason it was set to leather/wood, which may explain why some trucks have a really hot steering wheel that are just kaether wrapped
I had no idea you could change the steering wheel heat levels:eek:

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had no idea you could change the steering wheel heat levels:eek:

damram

Reaction score
I corrected my speedometer using Alfaobd for windows pc. The software is a bit clunky, but not too bad once I got the hang of it.
I set my circumference to 2700mm for 295/65r20 tires, and using two different gps apps I recorded my speed as 79mph when my speedometer said 80 mph (good enough for me). I also still retain park-sense.
I never did anything for my abs system since I couldn’t figure out how to do it on the pc version (all the tutorials I found use an android device which has a different interface).
I haven’t had my abs lights come on, and the truck has been doing fine since I programmed it on Saturday.
Is it possible that the windows pc version makes the abs adjustments behind the scenes when programming the tire size? Has anyone else used the pc version that can shed some light?

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I corrected my speedometer using Alfaobd for windows pc. The software is a bit clunky, but not too bad once I got the hang of it.
I set my circumference to 2700mm for 295/65r20 tires, and using two different gps apps I recorded my speed as 79mph when my speedometer said 80 mph (good enough for me). I also still retain park-sense.
I never did anything for my abs system since I couldn’t figure out how to do it on the pc version (all the tutorials I found use an android device which has a different interface).
I haven’t had my abs lights come on, and the truck has been doing fine since I programmed it on Saturday.
Is it possible that the windows pc version makes the abs adjustments behind the scenes when programming the tire size? Has anyone else used the pc version that can shed some light?
Instead of selecting "Body Computer" on the start screen where it says Function:, select ABS instead.

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
Ordered the Rough Country UCA'a to go with the 3" tophat spacers that I had installed about a month ago. Hopefully I will be able to get the UCA's installed this weekend. Luckily, I have an unlimited alignment package, so no cost to do another alignment when I'm done. :)

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ordered the Rough Country UCA'a to go with the 3" tophat spacers that I had installed about a month ago. Hopefully I will be able to get the UCA's installed this weekend. Luckily, I have an unlimited alignment package, so no cost to do another alignment when I'm done. :)
Might want to read the fine print. Usually the unlimited alignment is voided if you change components, in most contracts.

Users who are viewing this thread