5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I, as a Gator, would never endorse this, but you could do purple and gold.
When I decided to lose the yellow, I went home for lunch and got tools to bring back to my work to do this when I had down time and two cans of paint because I couldn't decide...Purple and Satin Black. I even thought about the inner semi-circle idea and going 1 Purple and the 1 Gold.
GEAUX !!

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You do you but I think all black tow hooks is the way to go with your blacked out truck. You have plenty of other options for yellow accents. This is coming from a Steelers fan who loves their black and yellow but sometimes less is more.
Agreed, I'm trying to avoid that. Already have some accents for the side view
IMG_2971.jpg
IMG_3088.jpg
IMG_3087.jpg

And front with the lights. I'll probably just leave the hooks alone...for now
IMG_3080.jpg

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are you going to add the hidden light bar?
Maybe, it's not way up there on the priority list, when I did the RC's grill lights I was torn between the two, but I think the hidden would complement the grills, but be too much when the LED Fogs are on. I am not lacking in the light department, and don't really do any off-roading to need more than I already have.

LiveWire

Reaction score
New shoes today, Goodyear Ultraterrain AT, 285/65/20. Looks lot better then stock. Has a leveling kit, think im still going to go ahead and raise it another 2-3", I used the readylift 2" level (upper arm and spacer), only difference in the 3.5" lift is the spacers, but they wont sell separate. So trying to figure out which ones to buy.

IMG_3193.jpg

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
I finally replaced the dinky spare tire with the largest that would fit without removing the heat shield. Ended up with a 275/70r18. Measures in @ 33.2" and fit with less than 1/4" to spare. Not nearly as big as the 35's on the truck, but much better than the 30" spare that came stock.

Now I am just waiting for my Rough Country UCA's and Air Lift 1000 air bags to be delivered so I can get them installed this weekend. They are both supposed to be delivered today, but the UCA's are not even out for delivery yet, so we will see. At least the air bags should be installed before the day is done.

jimothy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I followed the lead of others and removed the front air dam. My truck didn’t come with the active air dam, so this was pretty easy to do. We’re going camping in the North Georgia mountains this weekend, and while I don’t think I’ll really need the additional clearance in front, the trip provided me the impetus to do something I thought about doing a while ago.

4EB5FCA1-1E98-4CAA-83DD-0D734D48B0E9.jpeg

Last edited:

2talltexan

Reaction score
Replaced my brand new (only 209 miles) stock Pirelli Scorpion Verde tires on my new 2022 Limited with Toyo Open Country AT3 (285/55R22). If anyone is looking for a set of the stock Pirellis and you live in or near Houston, message me and I'll give you a great price.

Tire.jpg

Also leveled the front with ReadyLift's 1.5 inch leveling kit for Ram's with air suspension. Now the front is exactly 1/4" below the back. All air suspension settings are still operable. The ride of the leveled truck with the new tires is really smooth. Also did a 30% ceramic tint all the way around. This is the my first truck that I have added additional tint to the rear privacy glass, but I really like the results.

Side Angle.jpg
Side 1.jpg

And, lastly, I added the Mopar RamAir intake (purchased from @Accessory.Parts - outstanding price and very quick delivery).

View attachment 120970

I have also just ordered a Retrax Pro MX from @Accessory.Parts that will be arriving soon. I can't wait to install it.

Attachments

• RamAir.jpg
    RamAir.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 86

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I followed the lead of others and removed the front air dam. My truck didn’t come with the active air dam, so this was pretty easy to do. We’re going camping in the North Georgia mountains this weekend, and while I don’t think I’ll really need the additional clearance in front, the trip provided me the impetus to do something I thought about doing a while ago.

View attachment 120971
Is that a light on the hood, pass side?

LiveWire

Reaction score
Replaced my brand new (only 209 miles) stock Pirelli Scorpion Verde tires on my new 2022 Limited with Toyo Open Country AT3 (285/55R22). If anyone is looking for a set of the stock Pirellis and you live in or near Houston, message me and I'll give you a great price.

View attachment 120965

Also leveled the front with ReadyLift's 1.5 inch leveling kit for Ram's with air suspension. Now the front is exactly 1/4" below the back. All air suspension settings are still operable. The ride of the leveled truck with the new tires is really smooth. Also did a 30% ceramic tint all the way around. This is the my first truck that I have added additional tint to the rear privacy glass, but I really like the results.

View attachment 120966
View attachment 120967

And, lastly, I added the Mopar RamAir intake (purchased from @Accessory.Parts - outstanding price and very quick delivery).

View attachment 120970

I have also just ordered a Retrax Pro MX from @Accessory.Parts that will be arriving soon. I can't wait to install it.
Very nice looking truck!

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Damn, too far for me.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I finally replaced the dinky spare tire with the largest that would fit without removing the heat shield. Ended up with a 275/70r18. Measures in @ 33.2" and fit with less than 1/4" to spare. Not nearly as big as the 35's on the truck, but much better than the 30" spare that came stock.

Now I am just waiting for my Rough Country UCA's and Air Lift 1000 air bags to be delivered so I can get them installed this weekend. They are both supposed to be delivered today, but the UCA's are not even out for delivery yet, so we will see. At least the air bags should be installed before the day is done.
I have a 275/65/20 tire mounted to a factory BTS wheel up in my spare tire area. That's a supposed 34.1" tire. Fit just fine, didn't remove anything or bwns anything. Have probably about 1/4" clearance with the hitch receiver.

Attachments

• PXL_20211202_232229329.jpg
    PXL_20211202_232229329.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 95
  • PXL_20211202_232250123.jpg
    PXL_20211202_232250123.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 95

jimothy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is that a light on the hood, pass side?
Yep! I don't remember if I posted about this yet. I've got light pods on both passenger and driver side. The pods are Diode Dynamics SS3, the brackets are from Zroadz (I purchased them used from another forum member). Then I use Garmin Powerswitch to control them via my iPhone. The system works well so far.

I added the lights for when I drive on forest service roads after dark. They came in handy a couple weeks ago when I went camping around Springer Mountain; I got to the trailhead around 9pm. Here are a couple photos from that trip. The last one is in my driveway at the end of the trip; I was surprised I picked up that much dirt. I think it was mostly sand the DOT had put down.

Several of my recent additions (Fox shocks/lift, light pods, new Yokohama tires) are overkill for what I've taken my truck through thus far, but I'm looking forward to getting a bit more brave/foolish. And we're planning a trip to the Rockies this summer, and I'd love to do a bit more exploring than our Rockies last trip in 2020. So I've been gearing up with some goodies for that and other adventures. Hopefully, it hasn't become an addiction, because my wallet can only handle so much!

tempImageu1dR3l.jpg tempImageFufYo2.jpg tempImageReYiy4.jpg

jimothy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here's a photo of the Garmin Powerswitch and a close up of the driver side pod. I attached the Powerswitch to the fuse box cover with two short screws. So far, the pods are they only thing I have hooked up, but the Powerswitch can control up to six devices, 30A each, maximum 100A draw total. I'll write more about this later.

tempImageqvE2r8.jpg tempImageHtLqDD.jpg

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep! I don't remember if I posted about this yet. I've got light pods on both passenger and driver side. The pods are Diode Dynamics SS3, the brackets are from Zroadz (I purchased them used from another forum member). Then I use Garmin Powerswitch to control them via my iPhone. The system works well so far.

I added the lights for when I drive on forest service roads after dark. They came in handy a couple weeks ago when I went camping around Springer Mountain; I got to the trailhead around 9pm. Here are a couple photos from that trip. The last one is in my driveway at the end of the trip; I was surprised I picked up that much dirt. I think it was mostly sand the DOT had put down.

Several of my recent additions (Fox shocks/lift, light pods, new Yokohama tires) are overkill for what I've taken my truck through thus far, but I'm looking forward to getting a bit more brave/foolish. And we're planning a trip to the Rockies this summer, and I'd love to do a bit more exploring than our Rockies last trip in 2020. So I've been gearing up with some goodies for that and other adventures. Hopefully, it hasn't become an addiction, because my wallet can only handle so much!

View attachment 120989 View attachment 120990 View attachment 120991
Very nice! Sounds like you will be prepared for the Rockies trip! Next night trip take some pics of the light those throw out!

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here's a photo of the Garmin Powerswitch and a close up of the driver side pod. I attached the Powerswitch to the fuse box cover with two short screws. So far, the pods are they only thing I have hooked up, but the Powerswitch can control up to six devices, 30A each, maximum 100A draw total. I'll write more about this later.

View attachment 120994 View attachment 120995
Wow I didn’t know there was a switch controlled by a iPhone! Cool and you are already addicted! Maybe we should start a RAM anonymous group:ROFLMAO:

Users who are viewing this thread