5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Tesla

Reaction score
There are two different part numbers one for the red one for the black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

68453905AA, this was the part number on the listing and also had a image of the red switch

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Dang. That’s where I ordered mine as well. Did the part number on the bag match the red pn?

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don't mean to pry... but what in the blue F*@# do you do for work to afford all that stuff in your sig?!? I thought I made good money until I saw that, then I had to sprint to the bathroom to prevent myself from shatting myself

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
i'm so out of touch... what is considered "good money" nowadays? i also thought i made good money until reading his signature as well hahaha.

i wonder what the average income for Ram owners is. these trucks aint cheap.

Moosefire66

Reaction score
i'm so out of touch... what is considered "good money" nowadays? i also thought i made good money until reading his signature as well hahaha.

For me, I'm just reaching into 6 figures, but I put a lot of money away for the future. So with that and the taxes and what not I really don't bring home that much money. Which is a reason why I have a base model big horn with a v-6.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

MurphBigHorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I’m just an electrician supporting myself wife and 3 kids. And they say college is the only way. blue collar all the way.

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m just an electrician supporting myself wife and 3 kids. And they say college is the only way. blue collar all the way.
Nice! I went the college route but completely respect the trades. I got a mechanical engineering degree. I appreciate the job security and stability it affords me. I only have to travel as much as I want and I leave my work at the office. I also got my company to pay for me to go through welding school. I’m a certified Structural SMAW welder and I’m also an AWS CWI (certified weld inspector). If I’m telling people at our railcar shops how to weld something, I sure as heck better be able to SHOW them as well. I’m turning 33 this year and I’m finally becoming an engineering manager next month. I think I have a mix of white/blue collar skillset and my company seems to appreciate that.

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Start early out of a trade school and your off and running and no college debt. Life can be real good.
That’s what I did. fresh out of high school, into a trade, then became a General Contractor, and now a Senior Project Manager for a company. 6 figure income. Wife hasn’t worked in 22 years, daughter finished University. Not rich but live well. I’m spending now not building a bank account to die with.

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
Good arguments for both sides of that coin.

Getting a bachelors degree allowed me to get a top aviation job right outa school. without having to deal with the union ladder and working nights.

Jako

Reaction score
Start early out of a trade school and your off and running and no college debt. Life can be real good.
In NYC the trades can retire at 55 if they have the time. Friend did the trade school as an electrician. Started working for Transit Authority early twenties. Retired at 55 and now collecting a pension and working for a private contractor doing the same work. Know a few mechanics that did the same thing. Life can be real good.

Jako

Reaction score

Getting a bachelors degree allowed me to get a top aviation job right outa school. without having to deal with the union ladder and working nights.

Worked nights, weekend and holidays, nice to be off when everybody is at work, less crowds. Worked my way up because of unions (no politics), no doubt I would not have what I have today without my union.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
68453905AA, this was the part number on the listing and also had a image of the red switch

Dang. That’s where I ordered mine as well. Did the part number on the bag match the red pn?

Got mine on ebay, $36 shipped from a Chrysler dealer named Avondaleautomotive.

all part numbers match:
68453905AA was in the listing, it's on the part...
IMG_8066.jpg
and it's on the bag...
IMG_8063.JPG
and that is the red one...
IMG_7966.JPG

So i would definitely exchange that or return it.

Mexd781

Reaction score
Put Fuel Techs on wrapped with 33” Continental TerrainContacts

c88f22830c117e8dd1126d4d2c3c6ba5.jpg

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Another option is military. I'm retired Navy. Had no desire to go to college. Navy paid me to learn what I wanted to do. Aviation electronics. But now work in construction doing low voltage structured cabling. Military training gets you a long way with employers. Even if you only do one enlistment. And depending on what job skill you do in military, it can lead to a good career when you get out.

Users who are viewing this thread