5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Nova90

Reaction score
today i listened to countless youtube clips of the Borla ATAK vs Type S..... i still have no idea which it to get.

that is all
I think I watched all those same videos. Luckily, the AWE factory is 20 min away from me & they had their exhaust installed on a Ram. Nothing beats hearing it in person. The AWE rep even took me for a spin in his Ram so that I could hear the interior sound for myself. I would recommend trying to listen to the exhaust in person.

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think I watched all those same videos. Luckily, the AWE factory is 20 min away from me & they had their exhaust installed on a Ram. Nothing beats hearing it in person. The AWE rep even took me for a spin in his Ram so that I could hear the interior sound for myself. I would recommend trying to listen to the exhaust in person.
looking at your signature... did you ever decide on an exhaust?

MoreOvalteenPlz

Reaction score
Installed the OEM bed lighting kit ( Part # 82215272AC ) on my ‘19 1500 and used AlfaOBD to reprogram the BCM. They’re not quite as bright as the LED strips I had under the bed rails of my ‘13 1500, but I wanted the OEM look/feel with this one. The latching on/off switch on the driver’s side light is handy, and the controlling of the overhead cargo lights with the switch is a nice touch. Overall pretty satisfied with the outcome, though I’m already tempted to add more underneath the bed rails since the cargo light signal is so easily accessible now.

24611829453db7a6d4c6d290be926940.jpg

aee0656b8a9d8aa5ea01a8e70327d1eb.jpg

54f6f9ff462a2735f1c2100c8e4a70df.jpg

Last edited:

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You will not find me complaining ;) (eligible at 47…less than 5yrs and counting lol)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You guys are doing it right. We have guys that want the mandatory age to be bumped to 67. I was pissed when it went from 60 to 65. 🤣

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You guys are doing it right. We have guys that want the mandatory age to be bumped to 67. I was pissed when it went from 60 to 65.

Oh we have people that want it bumped up too lol

That change from 60 to 65 definitely threw a wrench in the pipe line for you all. A 5yr jump (or setback) is no joke

Klicht87

Reaction score
When I get my $$ I’m going to find some folks in the Austin area that will let me see what theirs sounds like. YouTube just don’t cut it.
I had the ATAK...sounded bada$$. It was just too loud all the time for me. Ended up selling it for the AWE 0FG. Take a look at that one. It's a little bit more money but well worth it. It has more adjustability options, especially for the tips.

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
I did not since you and a couple other people said it’s better with them plugged, I only had 30 minutes to do it🤣
How are you plugging the resonators? And does it increase the drone in the cab at freeway speed ? I have the FX and I’ll be honest, it’s a little anemic once it warms up. Cold start is awesome but idles like a turbo V6 😬

grimreefer

U.S. Merchant Marine
Site Supporter
Reaction score
How are you plugging the resonators? And does it increase the drone in the cab at freeway speed ? I have the FX and I’ll be honest, it’s a little anemic once it warms up. Cold start is awesome but idles like a turbo V6 😬
I used a high heat epoxy. Plugging them doesn't affect drone, just stops the weird "leak" noise that people with no hearing loss hear.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I agree. I don't think you can make a video that says "listen... no drone..." when they guy is hammer down in every 5 second clip. You need to be IN the cab on the highway with the cruise on for a few mins, IMO. That said the Borlas DO sound nice. Last aftermarket one i did was an MBRP and it sounded exactly as I wanted it to... but it was on an engine with no fuel saver tech or cylinder shut-off shenanigans. so that helps in the no-drone dept. E.G. the GMs have a flapper that closes when they go into sub-8-cyl mode that effectively "reduces the exhaust pipe ID" so the back pressure matches the number of cylinders being used, and with after market cat backs that causes a lot of drone so peeps just shut that mode off with an OBD module of one type or another. I personally don't know how the new hemi's do their "eco mode" in that regard, but i'd be interested to know.

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I agree. I don't think you can make a video that says "listen... no drone..." when they guy is hammer down in every 5 second clip. You need to being IN the cab on the highway with the cruise on for a few mins, IMO. That said the Borlas DO sound nice. Last aftermarket one i did was an MBRP and it sounded exactly as I wanted it to... but it was on an engine with no fuel saver tech or cylinder shut-off shenanigans. so that helps in the no-drone dept. E.G. the GMs have a flapper that closes when they go into sub-8-cyl mode that effectively "reduces the exhaust pipe ID" so the back pressure matches the number of cylinders being used, and with after market cat backs that causes a lot of drone so peeps just shut that mode off with an OBD module of one type or another. I personally don't know how the new hemi's do their fuel "eco mode" in that regard, but i'd be interested to know.
On my truck with the Borla ATAK, I have to have the radio turned off and actually be listening specifically for the sound change when MDS kick in to actually hear a difference.

Avayel

Reaction score
Beautiful Truck!.............. I'm trying to find a new GT Rebel in Hydro Blue. Love that color!
Thank you! I love the Hydro Blue as well!

I thought about going GT but decided against it since you can't get the red interior or advanced safety group (auto cruise, surround view camera, etc.) with GT, which IMO is dumb.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
oh you can.... i wasn't allowed when i ordered my G/T either as they were "reserving that for the Laramie's only"... but literally the last like 4 G/T's built have all had the advanced safety group, tech group AND one even had the Night edition which i was also told you can't get with the G/T... I feel a bit ripped off. It was the only pkg i wanted that i did not get. and i really only wanted it for the BSM and a little for the surround cam... Wasn't a show stopper for me to not get it., but i've looked into adding the surround cam on forums and i will NEVER attempt it for the work and cost involved... you pay almost 2wice what the whole option pkg costs. The BSM, however might actually be able to be done for under $1k so i'll be pursuing that once i take deliv.

J-barcarp

54 year old teenager
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Made Progress on the led gril emblem
i made a rough proof of concept using some red leds i had on hand.
final version will have white leds and i will try to eliminate the unlit “dead zones” in the middles

How do i attach video?

Attachments

• 3DD2E9F2-6809-41E4-B122-9C8FFBF8EB1B.png
    3DD2E9F2-6809-41E4-B122-9C8FFBF8EB1B.png
    907.2 KB · Views: 119
  • 4F730462-2A13-4C5C-8155-DC7B21CDF092.png
    4F730462-2A13-4C5C-8155-DC7B21CDF092.png
    890.6 KB · Views: 118
  • B87C6300-8DA5-40CE-B0B4-C046516C57AF.jpeg
    B87C6300-8DA5-40CE-B0B4-C046516C57AF.jpeg
    55.1 KB · Views: 115
  • 6AAB5C2F-5C9E-4DA4-9F06-8439C8439E1C.jpeg
    6AAB5C2F-5C9E-4DA4-9F06-8439C8439E1C.jpeg
    51.3 KB · Views: 112

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Made Progress on the led gril emblem
i made a rough proof of concept using some red leds i had on hand.
final version will have white leds and i will try to eliminate the unlit “dead zones” in the middles

How do i attach video?

You can’t on the forum. You have to upload it to YouTube and post the link

Users who are viewing this thread