5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Ldc2335

Reaction score
Got the OPT7 Aura ambient kit installed. I still have a few strips left. I used 9 total so far. I only plan to keep it red and on almost the lowest setting while driving, but figured I'd throw up some pics/gifs on max brightness and color cycle mode. It's difficult to take pics of light, especially at night, but you get the idea.

These were a pain in the ***. Seemed easy until I looked under the seats and dash and saw there was not a single nice way to mount the strips. I also pulled the console to install them in the map pockets and cubby. I'm happy with it, but not sure I'd do it again.
7912e4107410e966beb0971a3623e521.jpg
aea99456d383e06adf929ea2019dc166.jpg
5dac73b87db3cd0e9404b5cee0868f23.jpg
445dd664c42300cb441283fe5475f95d.gif
3911c4f83e6bfcec17f7aefef94732d3.gif
59312cd22ea302eb5032c6dad8d38a24.gif

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk

Last edited:

minmar10

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that, I am 3 weeks away from my 1 year anniversary and my Laramie has been drama free. Very happy with it. All the things I feared from previewing ownership for a year before I bought -- abrupt power downs leaving drivers on the side of the road, 12" screen failures, rear glass leaks, dash glue releases -- haven't occurred to me. Knock on wood. I hope you try again, I think the overall stats for the Ram are very good from 2021 onward.
That’s good to hear. On top of the current issue that they still have not resolved, rear window leaks and windshield leaks going through a car wash. The customer service has been so horrible through this whole process. If I even wanted to buy another one, just off of how they have handled everything i won’t buy one. They probably lost a customer for life and I’m going to tell everyone about it.

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did my truck's first "at home" oil change.
Dealer did first. And they won't be doing any more. The drain plug was so tight my 230# fat *** was sliding across the floor trying to break it loose.
The one gallon zip lock bag trick worked like champ on the filter.

Refilled with Pennzoil UP 5w-20 and a Mopar OE Filter.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Picked up a set of Zone Off-road UCAs locally off Facebook Marketplace. Guy selling them had them listed for over three months. Surprised nobody else had grabbed them, I had been watching them for at least two months to see if he would drop price anymore. He said he was from at $350, which is still good since they are $560 straight from Zone. He bought them a few years ago to use in his 4th gen with Bilsteins, but decided not to because he had heard it would effect his ride firmness. Screenshot_20220108-122813.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220108-122813.png
    Screenshot_20220108-122813.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 28

56 Pontiac

Reaction score
I have been really sick (4 hospital visits) for much of 2021, and it continues into 2022 - I rang in the New Year in hospital Emergency Room, what turned out to be a very painful inguinal hernia. Had to (figuratively) fight tooth and nail to get seen by a General Surgeon earlier than what almost all of them had as their available schedule, and that's just the (mandatory) consult. Now I have to wait until Jan. 25 for the surgery (thankfully, to be done as an outpatient so no dreaded hospital overnight stay, and it will be done :cool: robotically so smaller incisions = faster recovery).

In the meanwhile, NO LIFTING so I will have to wait to install (1) OEM bed step and (2) OEM Ram Air Intake (I have parts for both, just can't install them yet :( ) - Good thing I installed OEM Stainless Steel Side Steps when I was feeling halfway good in middle of December.

It is frustrating to see the parts sitting in my garage and not being able to install them.

Dave

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Picked up a set of Zone Off-road UCAs locally off Facebook Marketplace. Guy selling them had them listed for over three months. Surprised nobody else had grabbed them, I had been watching them for at least two months to see if he would drop price anymore. He said he was from at $350, which is still good since they are $560 straight from Zone. He bought them a few years ago to use in his 4th gen with Bilsteins, but decided not to because he had heard it would effect his ride firmness. View attachment 116266
Why do most 4th and 5th gen uca’s have different part numbers?

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Dealer did first. And they won't be doing any more. The drain plug was so tight my 230# fat *** was sliding across the floor trying to break it loose.

This might help next time:
5DD2113C-6239-4D42-A630-563C5C172574.jpeg

As will this:
A8F6EB62-9AB8-4884-A8EA-EEB9CE33D291.jpeg

😜

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This might help next time:
View attachment 116271

As will this:
View attachment 116272

😜
You jest, but I bent a 36" pipe wrench with a 10' cheater and ultimately crushed the pipe we were trying to break loose on a boiler one time.

As for the second pic, weight lifting wouldn't affect my coefficient of friction when I'm lying on my back trying to loosen a fastener with a 1/2" box end wrench.

After all these years, i still marvel at how the oil change guys still cross thread and/or over tighten fasteners.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You jest, but I bent a 36" pipe wrench with a 10' cheater and ultimately crushed the pipe we were trying to break loose on a boiler one time.

As for the second pic, weight lifting wouldn't affect my coefficient of friction when I'm lying on my back trying to loosen a fastener with a 1/2" box end wrench.

After all these years, i still marvel at how the oil change guys still cross thread and/or over tighten fasteners.
They probably used an impact to remove/install the plugs. Cross thread because they don't make sure it's straight before pulling the trigger.

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They probably used an impact to remove/install the plugs. Cross thread because they don't make sure it's straight before pulling the trigger.

No doubt they used an impact. But that should be cause for termination.

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
Actually yesterday, but it was dark by the time they finished.

Got my Motofab 3" front/2" rear leveling kit installed. This still left almost 1.5" of rake, which I feel is just right for my towing needs. I then headed to Discount tire and had my new Level 8 Slingshot 20x9 +10 offset wheels and Yokohama Geolandar A/T G015 tires installed. I went with the 295/65/r20 size and had a little bit of rubbing in the front driver side wheel well. A few minutes of work and the rubbing is gone, even at full lock.

20220108_094118.jpg 20220108_094137.jpg

WhiteKnight4x4

Reaction score

That sounds exactly like my oil change yesterday. Had to use my impact wrench to remove the drain plug. Ridiculous that the dealer service would do that.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

When I was part of the local 602 Steamfitter's Union doing HVAC, Controls, and Boilers, I used to keep an assortment on my van of 4-8ft schedule 40 black pipe for purposes just like that. People used to give me side-eye for that, but when I'm alone, it worked perfectly for what I needed.

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When I was part of the local 602 Steamfitter's Union doing HVAC, Controls, and Boilers, I used to keep an assortment on my van of 4-8ft schedule 40 black pipe for purposes just like that. People used to give me side-eye for that, but when I'm alone, it worked perfectly for what I needed.
I came up Local 211, HVAC.
We got funny looks because it wasn't Channel-Locks, the (un)official tool of Pipefitters around the country.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/