5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I actually just looked them up. BD Squadron Sport is 3.07” and DD SS3 is 3.3”. So you could probably fit the SS3. However it doesn’t have a squared off bezel on the back to hold it tight to the grill like the BD does, so it might not mount the same. Also the BD is 3150 lumens while the SS3 is 2262 lumens.
Sweet. I'll look at the BD's then and probably order me a pair. I don't need them, but damn they light up very well. :D

Ben1500GT

Reaction score
Installed new tonneau cover. Truxedo x15 pro. I was able to return the OEM one that came with the truck to the dealer for $300 so all in all this was a cheap mod!

Just need to figure out a way to fix the rubber seal from bunching up on the end.
c6e2a59b63ebb59f7963392e708b06ca.jpg

4d1ebdb0f23d46c6d14ec4b6b722e538.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CO2

Reaction score
Got the bed organized. Not a sexy mod, but functional. I drop the tailgate net for larger objects, which attaches to the Molle panels with carabiners, and keep it raised when i want the smaller stuff to stay in the back.

Attachments

• IMG_0489.jpg
    IMG_0489.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_0490.jpg
    IMG_0490.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 173

Jr22

Reaction score
Install date is finally here! Dropped off the truck to the stop. Should be ready sometime tomorrow afternoon(Hopefully). 4inch BDS , 35x12.5R20 grapplers and finally going to see what those brixton forge look like on the truck!

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Install date is finally here! Dropped off the truck to the stop. Should be ready sometime tomorrow afternoon(Hopefully). 4inch BDS , 35x12.5R20 grapplers and finally going to see what those brixton forge look like on the truck!
Can’t wait!

Ldc2335

Reaction score
Installed new tonneau cover. Truxedo x15 pro. I was able to return the OEM one that came with the truck to the dealer for $300 so all in all this was a cheap mod!

Just need to figure out a way to fix the rubber seal from bunching up on the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think your rails might be a tad too high. On mine, all the rubber seal on the side rails is sandwiched between the rail and the bed. I have them dead even on the underside with the bed side caps. Also, if your rails aren't level, lower the side brackets. Jump to the next notch down on them if they aren't already. These subtle changes may help the rubber seal lay flatter.

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just got my dethloff trans skid plate. That will go on today. We also traded in the wife's 4Runner and picked up a 75th anniversary powerwagon. She gets the rebel and I get the power wagon. Both incredibly happy

View attachment 114025
Powerwagons are so damn sexy man! I've been eyeing them these last few weeks as my neighbor just got one. Wish money wasn't an issue, i'd go pick on up this weekend lol

Last edited:

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Installed CDT audio rear six by nines today. I’m just about as pleasantly surprised as when I replaced the front six by nines. Now all that’s left to do is install a shallow mount Kicker L7T or JL TW12 sub.

F7681B69-5F45-4082-9A94-FF4730E74871.jpeg

Another Money Pit

Reaction score
Installed CDT audio rear six by nines today. I’m just about as pleasantly surprised as when I replaced the front six by nines. Now all that’s left to do is install a shallow mount Kicker L7T or JL TW12 sub.

View attachment 114067
Did you have to do anything with the crossovers or amp when you installed these or are you running a non factory amp? Did you also disable the noise canceling system also? I am going to later sound deadened the doors, I love that thud of a good quality truck door shut instead of the empty hollow sound now

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Did you have to do anything with the crossovers or amp when you installed these or are you running a non factory amp? Did you also disable the noise canceling system also? I am going to later sound deadened the doors, I love that thud of a good quality truck door shut instead of the empty hollow sound now
I have the alpine nine speaker system, so there it was nothing I had to do extra. I also have the ANC intact for now, but I will be disabling it when I get a sub. I’m just procrastinating on the sub right now because it’s a minimum of $700 for what I want.

Ldc2335

Reaction score

View attachment 114067
I knew you'd like em. I smile every time I crank it up! I'm even considering upgrading the wife's Durango R/T with them.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I knew you'd like em. I smile every time I crank it up! I'm even considering upgrading the wife's Durango R/T with them.

I can’t remember, have you done a sub also?

Users who are viewing this thread