5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Ldc2335

Reaction score
I can’t remember, have you done a sub also?
Yep.

I did notice that you lose a little base with the CDT.. Or at least you have to turn up the bass more on the eq. I think they are just power hungry. I bet they are sick with a aftermarket amp, like 100 RMS per channel.
cb18db3a68e62c1e79abc1e973760af6.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk

Ben1500GT

Reaction score
Did lots of little odds and ends on the truck today to get it prepped properly. I requested the dealer not to touch it minus the only absolutely necessary PDI tasks and thankfully they didn’t wash it or touch the paint.

I own a detailing business so this stuff drives me nuts

- cleaned up the interior and coated every surface with all dedicated coatings: leather, fabric, dash
- polished and coated exterior glass
- coated running boards
- coated wheel liners (probably won’t do much but figured what the heck!)
- installed front bumper plugs

Air suspension off road mode 2 definitely made it nice to clean the wheel liners!

I’m saving the paint for when I do ppf on the front end. It’ll get polished to a and then coated with my top level ceramic coating.

Love this truck!
82351f13b5f71999f818db5e3738ba04.jpg

After/Before

482f35224d98e44c8f524aa9c58fef32.jpg

9776f02abf9190da497d86323b044d3e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yep.

I did notice that you lose a little base with the CDT.. Or at least you have to turn up the bass more on the eq. I think they are just power hungry. I bet they are sick with a aftermarket amp, like 100 RMS per channel.
cb18db3a68e62c1e79abc1e973760af6.jpg

Looks great! I’m planning something similar for the shallow-mount sub I get.

It’s funny you mention the bass seeming a little lower and having to turn the bass up a little bit – I noticed the same thing. It’s not an issue at all (at least to me) and is exactly what you mentioned on why it is seeming a little lower.

Ldc2335

Reaction score
Looks great! I’m planning something similar for the shallow-mount sub I get.

It’s funny you mention the bass seeming a little lower and having to turn the bass up a little bit – I noticed the same thing. It’s not an issue at all (at least to me) and is exactly what you mentioned on why it is seeming a little lower.
Yeah, the sound quality makes up for it. Still plenty of bass, but not as boomy. Nice and tight.

Mjgain

Reaction score
Powerwagons are so damn sexy man! I've been eyeing them these last few weeks as my neighbor just got one. Wish money wasn't an issue, i'd go pick on up this weekend lol

Thank you! I have been obsessing ever since we got the 1500.

I spent the last two weeks slowly getting wife approval and just bit the bullet. It is expensive, but by the time I was done upgrading the Rebel, the money spent would have been more than I paid for the power wagon.

Here is the happy family:
IMG_20211217_142218.jpg

Another Money Pit

Reaction score
I have the alpine nine speaker system, so there it was nothing I had to do extra. I also have the ANC intact for now, but I will be disabling it when I get a sub. I’m just procrastinating on the sub right now because it’s a minimum of $700 for what I want.
I have the same system,(alpine) it sounds pretty darn good for factory right now. I'll wait until something pops or starts to buzz to start down your path. I have some JL subs ready to go but it sounds like a long process that I don't really need right now. I just follow you and watch the progress and end result then go from there 😛

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Fixed my instrument cluster pod cover with a turkey injector and some Dap Weldwood.
Developed a 3"x 1.5" bubble in the cover where the factory adhesive had given up. Too little applied IMO, used an spare turkey injector to inject contact cement as far up the cover as I could between the bottom of the leather and the plastic molded cover. Spread the cement around the inside with the roller then let it set.

Hit it with my heat gun after 30 min and rolled it a bit more to make sure it was completely re-glued. Applied some glue with the brush and clamped the edges.

20211218_105626.jpg

20211218_105640.jpg

20211218_110241.jpg

20211218_111108.jpg

Broke a paint stirring stick in half and used it, a microfiber towel and 2 clamps to clamp the edges after applying some glue.

Last edited:

mcp6530

Reaction score
Added the b2 fab moderate oval muffler. Pretty quiet, may get a bit louder over time of course. Or may remove reasonators if not. Had the mbrp muffler on last ram and was a bit louder.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I need to unbookmark this thread. Each time I see a great mod posted, it makes me want to spend money, and get more mods. But some how, I just don't want to unsubscribe...lol.

2021 Ram Rebel
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Fixed my instrument cluster pod cover with a turkey baster and some Dap Weldwood.
Developed a 3"x 1.5" bubble in the cover where the factory adhesive had given up. Too little applied IMO, used an spare turkey baster to inject contact cement as far up the cover as I could between the bottom of the leather and the plastic moulded cover. Spread the cemet around the inside with the roller then let it set.

Hit it with my heat gun after 30 min and rolled it a bit more to make sure it was completely re-glued. Applied some glue with the brush and clamped the edges.

View attachment 114157

View attachment 114158

View attachment 114159

View attachment 114160

Broke a paint stirring stick in half and used it, a microfiber towel and 2 clamps to clamp the edges after applying some glue.
Great job! 👍
I need to unbookmark this thread. Each time I see a great mod posted, it makes me want to spend money, and get more mods. But some how, I just don't want to unsubscribe...lol.

2021 Ram Rebel
Same here. This forum is the cause of me spending thousands of dollars. I had no plans on modifying the truck at all before I found this place.

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score

2021 Ram Rebel
I already had a ”Bucket List”, a “Honey Do List” and now have a…
“GOTTA DO THIS TO MY RAM LIST” LOL 😎

Users who are viewing this thread