5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Ldc2335

Reaction score
Link to instructions on the fold down rear seat mod?
I've seen several threads and youtube videos on it.. Here's one.

Pretty simple.

Remove seat bolts. Raise seat enough to fold it forward. Use the saw of your choice to cut 1 1/2 inches off the seat hooks. Re-install seat bolts.

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I've seen several threads and youtube videos on it.. Here's one.

Pretty simple.

Remove seat bolts. Raise seat enough to fold it forward. Use the saw of your choice to cut 1 1/2 inches off the seat hooks. Re-install seat bolts.

Thank you

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't done any testing, but I've read that two are for music and one is for ANC system.

Ahhhhh. That’s great to know, thanks for mentioning that.

Ldc2335

Reaction score
Got the new Gator ETX tonneau on. Very impressed for $230. Box was shipped from truxedo to Amazon, so guessing they are the parent company. It looks identical to the truxedo lo-pro and was 200 bucks less. I have it on the lowest tension setting. I'll let the sun do some magic on it and then maybe bump it up one notch.

Also picked up this cordless shop blower. It's light enough to hold with one hand while you hold your drying towel in the other. Gets the water out of the mirrors, gas cover, grill, lug nuts, so it isn't dripping later. Plus the black hose part is rubbery, so it won't scratch your paint if you accidentally bump it.
61528a0db57c5ed0b525251770a554f3.jpg

0a89e6f38794c21a184f1c8c0dfb7a1a.jpg

Last edited:

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Got the new Gator ETX tonneau on. Very impressed for $230. Box was shipped from truxedo to Amazon, so guessing they are the parent company. It looks identical to the truxedo lo-pro and was 200 bucks less. I have it on the lowest tension setting. I'll let the sun do some magic on it and then maybe bump it up one notch.

Also picked up this cordless shop blower. It's light enough to hold with one hand while you hold your drying towel in the other. Gets the water out of the mirrors, gas cover, grill, lug nuts, so it isn't dripping later. Plus the black hose part is rubbery, so it won't scratch your paint if you accidentally bump it.
61528a0db57c5ed0b525251770a554f3.jpg

0a89e6f38794c21a184f1c8c0dfb7a1a.jpg
I got that same model tonneau from amazon. I’m extremely happy considering the cost, although yours looks much flatter than mine.

Ldc2335

Reaction score
I got that same model tonneau from amazon. I’m extremely happy considering the cost, although yours looks much flatter than mine.
Maybe try bumping up the tension with those adjustment blocks. Took me a couple tries to get the brackets just right so the rails would lay level. Ended up on the bottom notch of the brackets and the rails are flush with the underside of the truck bed caps. I can pm pics tomorrow if you need em.

Another Money Pit

Reaction score
Don't buy a cord with a LED in it and problem solved.
That wasn't my point, my point was we can't leave anything connected to the USB port like a phone or anything that uses power and not still have it suck down the battery to a certain level instead of cutting the power to it like it should when you turn the truck off. Kind of pointless really since the cigarette lighter charges anything faster anyways. Just my 3 cents

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe try bumping up the tension with those adjustment blocks. Took me a couple tries to get the brackets just right so the rails would lay level. Ended up on the bottom notch of the brackets and the rails are flush with the underside of the truck bed caps. I can pm pics tomorrow if you need em.

That makes sense, thanks!

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That wasn't my point, my point was we can't leave anything connected to the USB port like a phone or anything that uses power and not still have it suck down the battery to a certain level instead of cutting the power to it like it should when you turn the truck off. Kind of pointless really since the cigarette lighter charges anything faster anyways. Just my 3 cents
All front USB Ports in the truck turn off after 1h when the truck is shut off.

WReckeR

Reaction score
Update:

Got my Course Motorsports MagSafe Magnetic Charging Mount installed for my iPhone 12. Very clean mount that attaches from behind the radio bezel. Charging mount attaches to the ball bezel mount. Simple ring that attaches to your phone with 3m tape. Magnet is around the perimeter and charger is in the center. Unobstructed dash access. Phone is Always in view. Easy phone access.
With my Carlinkit 2.0 Wireless Apple CarPlay, phone auto connects as soon as it’s in the truck. Reads my texts to me and asks if I want to respond. Full access to Siri voice command for phone use, navigation, etc.
Very nice setup! After getting a $364 ticket for touching my phone, I’m happy to say I’m truly hands free.
Running my charger power cord behind the radio bezel this weekend to complete the clean install.
Here’s a link on the mount install using just the Direct Fit standard magnetic mount:

View attachment 113491

View attachment 113483

View attachment 113484
Interesting comment about touching your phone. How does a LEO get close enough to accurately observe said action?

I wonder if window tinting improves your odds of avoiding detection?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Your rants was about having to unplug your USB cable every time you got out of the truck because the LED light on it stays on. Which it would take weeks for that one LED to kill your battery

WReckeR

Reaction score
Question for those of you who have upgraded your wheels and tires.

I have 22" OEM on my Laramie. I know that the 22s are vulnerable to curb rash, low profile sidewalls aren't great for off-road conditions, and there are much better options for winter tires with different wheels.

But...a comment from a neighbor in 4x4 aftermarket sales said I can't put 18" wheels on these hubs. I could give him the benefit of the doubt, or I could double check. Also, I know quite a few of you go with bigger tires, until you begin rubbing or you get a lift for more clearance.

I need some advise, so anyone who has solved this, please chime in .

Thanks!

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Question for those of you who have upgraded your wheels and tires.

I have 22" OEM on my Laramie. I know that the 22s are vulnerable to curb rash, low profile sidewalls aren't great for off-road conditions, and there are much better options for winter tires with different wheels.

But...a comment from a neighbor in 4x4 aftermarket sales said I can't put 18" wheels on these hubs. I could give him the benefit of the doubt, or I could double check. Also, I know quite a few of you go with bigger tires, until you begin rubbing or you get a lift for more clearance.

I need some advise, so anyone who has solved this, please chime in .

Thanks!
The Rebels and TRX's come with factory 18" wheels. So it can definitely be done. But you have to be careful - not all aftermarket 18" wheels will fit.

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Interesting comment about touching your phone. How does a LEO get close enough to accurately observe said action?

I wonder if window tinting improves your odds of avoiding detection?
They had a spotter at an intersection. I was stopped at a red light. I picked up my phone to look at a recent text. They pulled me over a block away after I left the intersection.

ABess

Reaction score
Finally got my tags transferred over, so my Ram now has a Bronze Star! Then a good wash and ceramic coating on the paint.

grimreefer

U.S. Merchant Marine
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Had the Toyo Open Country A/T III's installed today...

20211213_113616.jpg

20211213_090614.jpg

And our son swapped his '19 Colorado WT for a '22 Colorado Z71. Thing rides near as smooth as the Ram. 🤨

20211211_144842.jpg
OK, maybe not. But it is a nice riding truck for it's size. 🙂

Users who are viewing this thread