5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I've used the expensive 3m eraser wheel and it works great on metal surfaces, but DO NOT USE ANY OF THE WHEELS ON PLASTIC PAINTED PANELS. Ask me how I know.

This stuff is expensive but blows goo gone out of the water. Let it soak for a min and get after it. Bottle is large, so kinda justifies the price.

5dc49ad190f209dc51e3e457935ee016.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk
Probably doesn't work as well in painted plastics due to the flex agent used in the paint that softens the paint to allow it to flex without cracking

Ldc2335

Reaction score
Probably doesn't work as well in painted plastics due to the flex agent used in the paint that softens the paint to allow it to flex without cracking
Yeah, luckily it was on a inconspicuous part of my son's bumper... But it happened quick.

But it worked like a champ to remove the 3m tape when I took the bighorn badge off my tailgate. Fishing line to saw the badge off, then eraser wheel, the finish with some rapid remover.

56 Pontiac

Reaction score
Before:
20211113-1.JPG

After:
20211212.JPG
OEM SS Side Steps fit perfect, studs line up exactly with holes in brackets.

Factory 2" lift allowed me to lay on my back on an old queen bed comforter to put the bracket on the studs and fasten the nuts. No need to jack up the truck. Wife helped hold it in place at the rear, while I did the front then slid to the back. Easy peasy.

Dave

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Nothing life changing today.

- mounted a 12v outlet next to the fuse box after my third dash cam hardwire kit failed.
- covered the scratched up plastic cargo system piece in carpet.
- Mounted my amp for good behind newly modded (to fold down) rear seat.
- Discoved my floorboard is wet again so I siliconed the seam under the weather stripping. Fingers crossed.
- Ordered a new Gator tonneau cover to replace the crap OEM one.
- Ordered the Ford XG-8 PTFE grease and some boot clamps to tackle the drive shaft clunk that the dealer "fixed" with a software update

0038e14f32bf2f7befb066ad65ec0d88.jpg
443a783634fea84d96f934581881f5cb.jpg

Consider a different grease than that, many have used it or something similar and had the problem return in a 1000 miles.

I had to do it a second time and used 229 Ultra Red Supreme Waterproof Grease. So far I've driven 3000 miles without it returning.

Another Money Pit

Reaction score
Would this be recommended to remove a dealer decal/advertisment on the bottom of the tailgate?
I have always used this method on all decals and badges on my past vehicle. Just don't get the paint so hot you burn it, use a sweeping motion to warm it evenly. Also use dental floss or fishing line to get under badges after you warm them up first and use it like a saw to cut through the Adhesive. Just make sure it's plenty warm first and take you time. YouTube is your best friend

Another Money Pit

Reaction score
When things are plugged in, I believe the truck will continue to charge for a specified time then cut off. It’s a fail-safe feature to save the battery.
I don't know how long that might be but to long for me being I live in WI and it's cold as $hit here at the moment and would not want my battery to be even a little more without power. I had the cord in the USB for at least an hour and still had power going through it when truck was off. Most vehicles I've had cut that power as soon as the vehicle is of but not dodge apparently. Kind of pain in the as$ to keep unplugging it every time I use it really. I wanted to use it more for maps and whatnot, but if I have to keep unplugging both the cord and the phone every time I get out, not worth the hassle on short 10 min trips.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know how long that might be but to long for me being I live in WI and it's cold as $hit here at the moment and would not want my battery to be even a little more without power. I had the cord in the USB for at least an hour and still had power going through it when truck was off. Most vehicles I've had cut that power as soon as the vehicle is of but not dodge apparently. Kind of pain in the as$ to keep unplugging it every time I use it really. I wanted to use it more for maps and whatnot, but if I have to keep unplugging both the cord and the phone every time I get out, not worth the hassle on short 10 min trips.
Don't buy a cord with a LED in it and problem solved.

Ldc2335

Reaction score
Consider a different grease than that, many have used it or something similar and had the problem return in a 1000 miles.

I had to do it a second time and used 229 Ultra Red Supreme Waterproof Grease. So far I've driven 3000 miles without it returning.

Well, crap. I've got a whole tube of super lube. Maybe I'll mix it

f041c848e64b061d6e5740480b09664e.jpg

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Nothing life changing today.

- mounted a 12v outlet next to the fuse box after my third dash cam hardwire kit failed.
- covered the scratched up plastic cargo system piece in carpet.
- Mounted my amp for good behind newly modded (to fold down) rear seat.
- Discoved my floorboard is wet again so I siliconed the seam under the weather stripping. Fingers crossed.
- Ordered a new Gator tonneau cover to replace the crap OEM one.
- Ordered the Ford XG-8 PTFE grease and some boot clamps to tackle the drive shaft clunk that the dealer "fixed" with a software update

0038e14f32bf2f7befb066ad65ec0d88.jpg
443a783634fea84d96f934581881f5cb.jpg

Link to instructions on the fold down rear seat mod?

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Big improvement! Cabin noise is down alot, but also both my factory sub and aftermarket sub output has drastically increased!

I did put some polyfill in the factory sub box and some sound deadening on the back. That thing is the lamest excuse for a subwoofer ever.
d96a04d5ae40470a39463052f97d4daa.jpg
e840749a83e93b0d111101c79c4bd650.jpg

Why they decided to do a triple voice coil speaker is beyond me.

Ldc2335

Reaction score
Why they decided to do a triple voice coil speaker is beyond me.
I haven't done any testing, but I've read that two are for music and one is for ANC system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/