5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Bob.

Reaction score
What did you use to remove the decal?

Thanks,
Dave
It was a decal like so many on the rear window. Vinyl with a sticky side. So I used a hair dryer and warmed it up a little got my fingernail to lift the corner and I just pulled easy while keeping the hair dryer at the decal until it pulled it off. Then I used WD40 to help get all the glue off. Then I took a little turtle wax and waxed it to make it clean.
Came out great. Decal was on about 5 months I assume. So the faster you get it off the easier it will be to get rid of it.

MurphBigHorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well I just tried the USB C TO USB C plug. It interfered with my Carlinkit 2.0 wireless Apply CarPlay plugged into the USB A below it and kept restarting it. On my iPhone it showed the charging as on then off again. I’m unsure if it’s a cheap cable I’ve got or if it just doesn’t like something else plugged in. So…..I used the supplied cable for the Mount, ran it behind the radio and down to a USB charger plugged into the 115v plug in my lower consul. Everything worked. No glitches. So I guess it is what it is.
Although….my Carlinkit Wireless Apple CarPlay is plugged into the lower USB A power and I plugged into the USB C directly above. I wonder if both ports are dedicated to the Apple CarPlay link. I think I’ll try the other port to see if it makes a difference with interference.

I emailed the company. They mention cars USB ports usually can’t handle the wireless mount. That I should use the provided USB adapter that plugs in to a cigarette port. Although mine is on my new iPhone 13. My iPhone 10 wouldn’t work correctly with plugging into the regular usb.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Do you leave the USB plugs in all the time even when the truck is off? I have a USB cord that glows blue when it has power at one end and even when the truck is off, locked and left for at least half hour the light is still on in the cord so I guess this is a constant on situation so could be a battery drip drain situation and eventually kill the battery. I thought that it might have a battery kill switch regulator for that but I guess it would just eventually suck the battery dry.
There is a safety feature that will turn off all power of battery gets low. And power to USB ports does turn off eventually

56 Pontiac

Reaction score
It was a decal like so many on the rear window. Vinyl with a sticky side. So I used a hair dryer and warmed it up a little got my fingernail to lift the corner and I just pulled easy while keeping the hair dryer at the decal until it pulled it off. Then I used WD40 to help get all the glue off. Then I took a little turtle wax and waxed it to make it clean.
Came out great. Decal was on about 5 months I assume. So the faster you get it off the easier it will be to get rid of it.
Thanks!

Dave

Bigdumps

Reaction score
Had the new '22 GT Night edition for a few days. Removed the silver GT decals and replaced them with Matte black, and had the windows tinted to match factory.

Tough to see the new decal in the sunlight.

What's some feedback on the decal change?

Attachments

• PXL_20211211_173714155.jpg
    PXL_20211211_173714155.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you leave the USB plugs in all the time even when the truck is off? I have a USB cord that glows blue when it has power at one end and even when the truck is off, locked and left for at least half hour the light is still on in the cord so I guess this is a constant on situation so could be a battery drip drain situation and eventually kill the battery. I thought that it might have a battery kill switch regulator for that but I guess it would just eventually suck the battery dry.
When things are plugged in, I believe the truck will continue to charge for a specified time then cut off. It’s a fail-safe feature to save the battery.

Ben1500GT

Reaction score
Picked it up and drove it home from the dealer! First Mopar, first truck, super grateful!
7e8498350781c757b8f32576920175c2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I took that dealer name decal off of my truck tonight. Really you expect me to give you free advertising? Nope. If you want free advertising you should have cut me a better deal! LOL

The best part is it looks so much cleaner now!!

Thank god I picked mine up before they added the free advertising!

Had the new '22 GT Night edition for a few days. Removed the silver GT decals and replaced them with Matte black, and had the windows tinted to match factory.

Tough to see the new decal in the sunlight.

What's some feedback on the decal change?

I like it! I like the subtle look.

Bigdumps

Reaction score
Thank god I picked mine up before they added the free advertising!
Yea. That's the only thing left to take off, I even requested that they remove it. They didn't. Then the company that did the spray liner took it upon themselves to put a decal on my rear window and their name plate in the box.

Ldc2335

Reaction score
Nothing life changing today.

- mounted a 12v outlet next to the fuse box after my third dash cam hardwire kit failed.
- covered the scratched up plastic cargo system piece in carpet.
- Mounted my amp for good behind newly modded (to fold down) rear seat.
- Discoved my floorboard is wet again so I siliconed the seam under the weather stripping. Fingers crossed.
- Ordered a new Gator tonneau cover to replace the crap OEM one.
- Ordered the Ford XG-8 PTFE grease and some boot clamps to tackle the drive shaft clunk that the dealer "fixed" with a software update

0038e14f32bf2f7befb066ad65ec0d88.jpg
443a783634fea84d96f934581881f5cb.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Would this be recommended to remove a dealer decal/advertisment on the bottom of the tailgate?
These work great for vinyl decals. Don't hurt the paint as long as you don't let the. Sit in one spot or use too much pressure and burn the clear coat. Search for "eraser wheel"

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211212-084554.png
    Screenshot_20211212-084554.png
    256.5 KB · Views: 33

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
These work great for vinyl decals. Don't hurt the paint as long as you don't let the. Sit in one spot or use too much pressure and burn the clear coat. Search for "eraser wheel"

Depends on your definition of hurt the paint. I have that same one and it scratched the sh*t out of my paint. Now, I will admit as an ex auto painter that I'm picky about my paint but this was noticeable to me right away.
I got out my $9 harbor freight heat gun and peeled it off then paint corrected what that tool did.

I have a free one if anyone in the Dallas area wants it

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Depends on your definition of hurt the paint. I have that same one and it scratched the sh*t out of my paint. Now, I will admit as an ex auto painter that I'm picky about my paint but this was noticeable to me right away.
I got out my $9 harbor freight heat gun and peeled it off then paint corrected what that tool did.

I have a free one if anyone in the Dallas area wants it
There are different quality of tools. There was no damage to my paint when I used the one I bought. And I know professional shops that use them as well.

Ldc2335

Reaction score
I've used the expensive 3m eraser wheel and it works great on metal surfaces, but DO NOT USE ANY OF THE WHEELS ON PLASTIC PAINTED PANELS. Ask me how I know.

This stuff is expensive but blows goo gone out of the water. Let it soak for a min and get after it. Bottle is large, so kinda justifies the price.

5dc49ad190f209dc51e3e457935ee016.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread