5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

R.A.M

Reaction score
I feel ya! I have to be going downhill on the highway to get up over 13 mpg.
Agreed lol. I get 12.5 on a good day. That's with keeping an eye, let up on the gas so it can engage the eco. $150 every 2 days to fill up my tank...**** my life. 😭

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Agreed lol. I get 12.5 on a good day. That's with keeping an eye, let up on the gas so it can engage the eco. $150 every 2 days to fill up my tank...**** my life. 😭

Ouch I lucky to spend $150 a month. ;)

70runner

Reaction score
Yeah, I wouldn't hit the knuckle/spindle with anything
This is really all you need if you have a harbor freight near by
image_12294.jpg

Replaced the OE UCAs with Mopar UCAs. Was leery of banging the aluminum knuckle, tried a couple times, wouldn't budge. Used the HF tool, but had to modify it to fit as shown. Widen the jaw and shaved a section of the lower arm.
bjtool.jpg

TRIBUTE100

Reaction score
I noticed you posted that your Dad got a new Hunter laser alignment system. Several months ago I went to our local Firestone Complete Auto Care store to have my new
2021 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew Cab 4X4 aligned. They have the Hunter alignment system and after waiting an hour they came back and told me they didn't have the specs
for my truck. I just made another appointment, they said they still didn't have the specs. I told them to use the specs for the 2019, which they said they had. The 2019 truck is supposed to be the same, 5th Generation.
Am I correct to have it aligned with those specs ?

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I noticed you posted that your Dad got a new Hunter laser alignment system. Several months ago I went to our local Firestone Complete Auto Care store to have my new
2021 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew Cab 4X4 aligned. They have the Hunter alignment system and after waiting an hour they came back and told me they didn't have the specs
for my truck. I just made another appointment, they said they still didn't have the specs. I told them to use the specs for the 2019, which they said they had. The 2019 truck is supposed to be the same, 5th Generation.
Am I correct to have it aligned with those specs ?
2019 is fine, there’s no difference. They just need to update their software.

Another Money Pit

Reaction score
So I just noticed this when installing the readylift strut extension. The factory bolts stick up past the spacer plate. Anyone else see this with these.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So not sure if I post this here since it's not technically on yet, but trying to get new uca's on and I am having a huge hard time trying to get the, :Strike the ball joint boss with a dead blow
hammer to dislodge the taper part done. It's really in there good, I've been banging on it with 4lbs hammer on side and on the bolt and nut portion trying to pop it up, neither is working. I think next solution might be getting these u shaped prong things I saw someone using on YouTube unless anybody has and idea's.
Your problem is you are using a dead blow hammer. Use a mini-sledge, or I've even gotten them to pop with just a regular claw hammer. But you need the solid metal in metal impact. A dead blow weakens the hit too much

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Your problem is you are using a dead blow hammer. Use a mini-sledge, or I've even gotten them to pop with just a regular claw hammer. But you need the solid metal in metal impact. A dead blow weakens the hit too much
I didn’t even catch that, lol. I wonder if he actually meant dead blow. Either way, it seems like everybody’s freaking out about hurting the spindle for some reason, like a 4 pound hammer is going to put more force on the spindle than a hard hit from a big pothole or offroading.

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
I haven't posted on this thread in a while. I have been wasting my time and money on my Town Car the past few months. Automobiles are an addiction of sorts 🤑

Anyway, since winter will be here before you know it, I got my lazy butt out of the recliner and installed my Rokblock mudflaps that have been sitting in the garage for months. The hardware was missing but I scrounged some up from the garage and got it done. Only modification was the front needed a little heat gun molding to make sure they cleared the tires. 35s don't leave a lot of wiggle room.

Another Money Pit

Reaction score
Yep, there have been a few reported that way. You'll have to trim the bolts.
Did you or anyone else have to put the right side shock on the left side and the same with the left to the right to make them fit back in after the Spacer was put on top? It doesn't line up otherwise it looks like

Last edited:

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Did you or anyone else have to put the right side shock on the left side and the same with the left to the right to make them fit back in after the Spacer was put on top? It doesn't line up otherwise it looks like
Left and right side are the same. Just trim a quarter inch of the stock studs on the upper strut mount and rotate it 180° like the instructions say.

BowDown

Reaction score
I didn’t even catch that, lol. I wonder if he actually meant dead blow. Either way, it seems like everybody’s freaking out about hurting the spindle for some reason, like a 4 pound hammer is going to put more force on the spindle than a hard hit from a big pothole or offroading.

No one was freaking out about hitting the spindle, its simply not needed and the wrong way to free a ball joint but by all means, beat yours like it stole something

BadTrooper_345

Reaction score
Well I ordered the rear half of the 2/4 kit from maxtrac had the front struts decided to just do the rear!
And got some nitro 420v 305/40/22 tires, as far as rims go it’s between the factory reps hellcats, and 2 others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another Money Pit

Reaction score
Left and right side are the same. Just trim a quarter inch of the stock studs on the upper strut mount and rotate it 180° like the instructions say.
Yeah, I'm thinking that's why it was sitting weird in there, from the bolt hitting the top and not going flush against it. Not looking forward to cutting the stock bolts on a brand new truck.

U

User_67930

Well I ordered the rear half of the 2/4 kit from maxtrac had the front struts decided to just do the rear!
And got some nitro 420v 305/40/22 tires, as far as rims go it’s between the factory reps hellcats, and 2 others.

I'm pretty sure I'm going with the replicas in 22 on mine....in gloss black of course.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm thinking that's why it was sitting weird in there, from the bolt hitting the top and not going flush against it. Not looking forward to cutting the stock bolts on a brand new truck.
It’s no biggie, each strut mount is between $30 and $40 depending on whether you have a wholesale account or not.

Diesel123

Reaction score
Finally washed my 2019 Sport with newly installed level and new rubber (Revo 3 lt285/65-20’on stock rims). Mileage may have taken a hit , but looks and seems to ride nicer than the stock 20” rubber
73d4e8bde2a8696102fed8f33314f099.jpg

d8c4864ef441fdc7437d255262acefee.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread