5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

MileHi Guy

Reaction score
Wholly crap dude, where do you live that Ram's are being targeted like that?

If I were a car thief with the skills/equipment to intercept signals and just drive off with someone's ride, not that I don't love my truck, but I'm going to use those skills to go after Maybach's or high end Mclaren's.
I live in Denver and I had a bike stolen out of my garage last summer. The thief then rode my bike to another house where he stole a Ram. True story! I’m not sure how the truck was stolen and I was able to find my bike for sale on Craigslist and have the authorities recover it. The truck unfortunately turned up in Texas a couple days later. Anyway, I’m not making it any easier than I need to for someone to steal my truck!

Last edited:

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That looks great but make sure you have clearance. I had a very low profile license plate frame and noticed that the tailgate was very close to contacting it when the gate was down. I could barely slide a piece of paper between the gate edge and plate frame. That was too close for my comfort so I removed the plate frame and won't be adding anything around the plate again.

Last edited:

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Painted my front tow hooks, can't decide if I like them or not. I also got a nice tow hook for the rear.
What did you paint them with? Also, what color were they before? I want to paint mine red as well, but I have the chrome.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That loos great but make sure you have clearance. I had a very low profile license plate frame and noticed that the tailgate was very close to contacting it when the gate was down. I could barely slide a piece of paper between the gate edge and plate frame. That was too close for my comfort so I removed the plate frame and won't be adding anything around the plate again.
Thanks for that little tidbit. I just checked mine and it's pretty close but it looks like there's about 1/4" clearance. I'm going to buy a license plate frame to replace the dealer frame, but now I'll have to make sure it's flush with the plastic on the top of the bumper and it's no thicker than 1/4".

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What did you paint them with? Also, what color were they before? I want to paint mine red as well, but I have the chrome.
I used Craftsman toolbox red paint I got at Lowe's. I too had the chrome and it's basically impossible to paint them so I got a pair on Ebay. I put multiple coats on over a week.

Attachments

• prod_5475305503.jpg
    prod_5475305503.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Interesting it applied the brakes going forward while parking. It's not equipped to do that. I've tested it going forward and it hit the object and never stopped. I tested it using a 4x8 sheet of ridgid foam insulation so as to not damage the truck.
It was done it twice on me. There's a large bush :ROFLMAO: on the right side of my parents' driveway. When I get close to it, the automatic brakes kick in. The first time it happened, my heart dropped to my stomach thinking I just f@#ked up my new truck. And last weekend I was backing up at night and the automatic brakes saved my @$$ from hitting a tree (y)

RedLeif

Reaction score
My awesome wife designed, cut, and put this decal on last night. It turned out perfect!!

Attachments

• DFE54BFE-678B-42FC-A53D-E94F31740AF9.jpeg
    DFE54BFE-678B-42FC-A53D-E94F31740AF9.jpeg
    111 KB · Views: 132
  • 21461CC6-205E-4255-8C63-466BC025803E.jpeg
    21461CC6-205E-4255-8C63-466BC025803E.jpeg
    116.7 KB · Views: 132
  • FA70A911-A17B-4A45-B654-8021FE7B2021.jpeg
    FA70A911-A17B-4A45-B654-8021FE7B2021.jpeg
    109.7 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I used Craftsman toolbox red paint I got a Lowe's. I too had the chrome and it's basically impossible to paint them so I get a pair on Ebay. I put multiple coats on over a week.
damn guess I have to buy some black ones and sell these chrome ones. Appreciate it. I'll go buy the paint and get ready for this project when the new hooks come in haha

paulmarsh22

Reaction score
Hellwig rear sway bar came in and got it installed! Man what a difference. I ended up leaving it in the middle setting for now since it's been raining everyday in FL and she likes to slide the rear end on the firmest setting during testing. But I honestly didn't notice a difference between the middle and firmest setting besides the rear end slide. Other than that, body roll is non existent, even with the lift. Can't wait to test her out on a dry on ramp!

Now I just have to finally setup my tazer dt...

BilletLaramie57

Reaction score
Hellwig rear sway bar came in and got it installed! Man what a difference. I ended up leaving it in the middle setting for now since it's been raining everyday in FL and she likes to slide the rear end on the firmest setting during testing. But I honestly didn't notice a difference between the middle and firmest setting besides the rear end slide. Other than that, body roll is non existent, even with the lift. Can't wait to test her out on a dry on ramp!

Now I just have to finally setup my tazer dt...
It truly is the best “driving” mod IMHO. I love mine.

ReLLIK75

Reaction score
Installed the Diode Dynamics LED replacements for the third brake light and cargo lights. Wow what a difference! I haven't been able to see what the brake light looks like but the cargo lights are extremely bright! Started the PCM swap process for my tune and also ordered the Rough Country 5" lift. The new unlocked PCM should be here by end of week and the 5" lift goes on around the end of the month. Already had the 2" leveling pucks with links, but really looking forward to getting the 5" lift on.

PCM tune complete. I used the 91 octane tune, MDS off, and throttle booster set to 12%. Very noticeable. Nothing jaw dropping but certainly noticeable. And since I was extremely annoyed with rhE MDS fart I could here through my Borla exhaust, I’m definitely happy MDS is permanently disabled.

paulmarsh22

Reaction score
PCM tune complete. I used the 91 octane tune, MDS off, and throttle booster set to 12%. Very noticeable. Nothing jaw dropping but certainly noticeable. And since I was extremely annoyed with rhE MDS fart I could here through my Borla exhaust, I’m definitely happy MDS is permanently disabled.
Dang, am I the only one that actually enjoys hearing that backfire when you let off the throttle and it goes into 4-cyl mode? Scared me the first time after I put the Borla ATAK on but then realized it was the MDS. Anyone got a burble tune on theirs? 😆

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Dang, am I the only one that actually enjoys hearing that backfire when you let off the throttle and it goes into 4-cyl mode? Scared me the first time after I put the Borla ATAK on but then realized it was the MDS. Anyone got a burble tune on theirs? 😆
I have to be really paying attention to notice any difference in exhaust when MDS goes in or out, and I have the Borla Atak.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Drove to a sporting clays even for work. Got a flat tire. Discovered that my Bora spacers won't work with the spare steel wheel. Luckily the place we were shooting at had an electric impact and 3/4" socket so I could take the spacer off and get home. Will have to throw a breaker bar and 3/4" socket in the truck for emergencies. Or my normal 4-way lug wrench I usually carry in my vehicles.

paulmarsh22

Reaction score
I have to be really paying attention to notice any difference in exhaust when MDS goes in or out, and I have the Borla Atak.
After my lift and tires, mds rarely kicks in unless I let off the throttle. I can tell when it engages as the exhaust definitely sounds different. As for the backfire, it doesn't always happen. I can usually make it happen when cruising about 55 or 60 and then let off the throttle. Then you get a nice loud pop out the rear. Brings a smile to my face lol

Gus380

Reaction score

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    207.5 KB · Views: 110
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    136.4 KB · Views: 111
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    147.6 KB · Views: 106
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    158.6 KB · Views: 114

Jr22

Reaction score
What rear tire web strap is that? It looks so much nicer than the ones I have.
Its called an "AceBike TyreFix" I found out about them when I purchased a mototote when I drove from Norcal to Austin Texas for a track day weekend at COTA. 1800 miles each way and the bike was rock solid in the back, and I still got to use all my bed space!

Attachments

• IMG_9335.jpg
    IMG_9335.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_9393.jpg
    IMG_9393.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_9344.jpg
    IMG_9344.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 157

mesquite5010

Reaction score
Well this happened today.... View attachment 101949

Not all that surprised as it has been very loose. I have an appointment for the 25th...ugh

Has this happed to anyone else?

Yes….plastic inner pieces broke off of both about a year ago. They still “worked” but had no tension to hold in place. Month or 2 ago drivers side gave up and was dangling in my view. I was able to “lodge it into a useless position where it wouldn’t move, as long as I didn’t touch it! Replaced both under warranty no questions asked. Had to wait a week or two for parts as both were back ordered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TittoPollito

Reaction score
Its called an "AceBike TyreFix" I found out about them when I purchased a mototote when I drove from Norcal to Austin Texas for a track day weekend at COTA. 1800 miles each way and the bike was rock solid in the back, and I still got to use all my bed space!
Thanks man I just scooped up 4 of them, I run vintage dirt track so I have spoked wheels. The current set I have is webbed the the car ones, but it has two straps that wrap around the rim. Those straps dont line up with the spoke locations so it either loads the spokes or I leave them off and have to watch the bikes like a hawk.

Users who are viewing this thread