5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That is correct. FCW and park assist are two different things. They are two completely different systems and do two different functions.
I am very grateful for my Park Assist. I almost hit my tree when backing up at night last weekend. I really need to install the back up LED mod.

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was going to park in my work lot, moving forward, got too close to one vehicle according to truck sensors and it slammed on my brakes. I turned it off.

Yep. I pulled into a parking spot that had a bush hanging 1' over the pavement. I ignored the beeps and my truck applied the brakes.
Yup, it has happened to me as well. The Park Assist has automatically applied the brakes for me going forward and in reverse.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yup, it has happened to me as well. The Park Assist has automatically applied the brakes for me going forward and in reverse.
Interesting it applied the brakes going forward while parking. It's not equipped to do that. I've tested it going forward and it hit the object and never stopped. I tested it using a 4x8 sheet of ridgid foam insulation so as to not damage the truck.

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
Interesting it applied the brakes going forward while parking. It's not equipped to do that. I've tested it going forward and it hit the object and never stopped. I tested it using a 4x8 sheet of ridgid foam insulation so as to not damage the truck.
Agreed, very strange. Seems like there are mixed results out there, perhaps depends on the year or calibration?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

WReckeR

Reaction score
Since my AC os finally working likes it’s supposed to after two dealers and almost three months, I had a serious backlog of posts to make on here. Without further ado….added Mopar window visors, got rid of the crappy good years for ridge grapplers in 305/45/22, and had to get my revolver X4S for the MX4.
404c53f57282bf07e1b6e9807db4acd1.jpg

a6f8c9e5e286ef236f9541b27604c7ea.jpg

b9f28e04f048d1963574c7d8fda96e87.jpg

Oh and as of today, I also washed it after two months of rain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Man, that is a serious tread pattern for a low profile tire! Should really help you find grip as you carefully climb the cracks in the driveway concrete. 😁

I also have the 22" wheels on my Laramie. I'll probably fully consume the tires, but I'll need to have something in mind for the next set. I'm also thinking if I ever go offroad that I'll need a set of 18"s probably.

BigHerm611

Reaction score
Man, that is a serious tread pattern for a low profile tire! Should really help you find grip as you carefully climb the cracks in the driveway concrete.

I also have the 22" wheels on my Laramie. I'll probably fully consume the tires, but I'll need to have something in mind for the next set. I'm also thinking if I ever go offroad that I'll need a set of 18"s probably.

well I hunt too, out of all the tires I had previously, these are the best I’ve had without the mud tire hum. We lost our lease from the last few years, the owner sold the property. But the truck will be ready soon as I find another spot to knock some deer and hogs down!

WReckeR

Reaction score
well I hunt too, out of all the tires I had previously, these are the best I’ve had without the mud tire hum. We lost our lease from the last few years, the owner sold the property. But the truck will be ready soon as I find another spot to knock some deer and hogs down!

Can you and do you eat the wild hogs? Is that good meat? Can you compare it to supermarket ribs / pulled pork shoulder / chops etc.?

BigHerm611

Reaction score
Can you and do you eat the wild hogs? Is that good meat? Can you compare it to supermarket ribs / pulled pork shoulder / chops etc.?

I love eating wild hog! I usually eat them if they’re under 150lbs. If they’re real big, the meat is usually pretty tough and has a real gamey taste. The main difference in wild hog meat vs the grocery is, wild hog meat is a lot leaner. If I make sausage or grind the meat with wild hog, I’ll have to go to the grocery and get fatty pork there to add in. Otherwise it would be really dry.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
I just reread that section of the owners manual and you're right. I could have sworn that it started applying the brakes but now that I think about it, when I've backed into a spot where it applied the brakes it was pretty abrupt.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Man, that is a serious tread pattern for a low profile tire! Should really help you find grip as you carefully climb the cracks in the driveway concrete. 😁

After I ordered my truck I started looking at tires for the stock 22" wheels. I wanted a 33" tire but every pic I saw just looked wrong to me with a low profile, aggressive off-road tire. Then I started looking at 33" tires for 18 and 20" wheels. These two trucks have 33's. The top has 18's and the bottom has 20's. I like the look of the 20's better, so that's the direction I went. 20210504_102357.jpg

X-Wrestler

Reaction score
KTM, Husky, and Gas Gas are all on the same team now, but the KTM is long gone. I had to have a fuel injected two stroke, so I figured I would try a white KTM. 😂
The Husky 300 thumper will be the next pony added to the stable.

I have such problems getting rid of bikes.

I always say I'll sell one when I buy the next, but it almost never happens.

X-Wrestler

Reaction score
It’s for storage of my key fobs when I’m home so thieves can’t intercept my key fob signals. I suppose you could use it other places as well. I sometimes park my car outside in my driveway and if there isn’t a signal it eliminates that threat.
Wholly crap dude, where do you live that Ram's are being targeted like that?

If I were a car thief with the skills/equipment to intercept signals and just drive off with someone's ride, not that I don't love my truck, but I'm going to use those skills to go after Maybach's or high end Mclaren's.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
The Husky 300 thumper will be the next pony added to the stable.

I have such problems getting rid of bikes.

I always say I'll sell one when I buy the next, but it almost never happens.
Husky/KTM doesn't make a 300 diesel. 😉 They do make a 350. Before KTM bought Husqvarna, they did make a 300 but it was a pig.

X-Wrestler

Reaction score

X-Wrestler

Reaction score
Husky/KTM doesn't make a 300 diesel. 😉 They do make a 350. Before KTM bought Husqvarna, they did make a 300 but it was a pig.
You lost me with the diesel part, but Husky definitely makes a 300 and it's freaking amazing.

One of my riding buddies has one in his stable and I've been jonesing for one since he got it.

Attachments

• Husky 300.png
    Husky 300.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 39

Idahoktm

Reaction score
You lost me with the diesel part, but Husky definitely makes a 300 and it's freaking amazing.

One of my riding buddies has one in his stable and I've been jonesing for one since he got it.
Diesel = 4 stroke. That's a joke between me and my buddies that ride four strokes. You said thumper. A thumper is a four stroke. I own a Husky TE300 and it's a two stroke. 20210415_110737.jpg

jgreene

Reaction score
Air suspension envy, you get it after a while when thinking about your next truck.... like a Laramie quad cab with air and off road package
Nah...its way too cold where I am in the winters for Air Suspension. I have heard stories of those bad boys popping in the -40

Users who are viewing this thread

• Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online