5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

redneck

Reaction score
yes took the neg cable off like the book said to i have started it 3 different times & no change also i have no options to change anything in the settings menu when i touch lights or camera the screen is blank no options is that also normal

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
yes took the neg cable off like the book said to i have started it 3 different times & no change also i have no options to change anything in the settings menu when i touch lights or camera the screen is blank no options is that also normal
Yes, it is all normal when you disconnect the battery. It can take a few hours for everything to come back.

2020 Bighorn Night Edition, 5.7 Hemi w/eTorque

Idahoktm

Reaction score

YELOSUB

Reaction score
What made the hooks such a PITA to remove?
If you have access to a lift or if you remove your front air damn it would be much easier...I didn’t do either...I scooted underneath the front end and had very limited access to the bolts on each side...They are on there VERY TIGHT! I didn’t have a lot of leverage but managed to get them loose...The long bolts are a little tough to bang out due to the retainer piece that you destroy and don’t reuse...Install was much easier..:

redneck

Reaction score
Yes, it is all normal when you disconnect the battery. It can take a few hours for everything to come back.

2020 Bighorn Night Edition, 5.7 Hemi w/eTorque
wow it took 4 hours for my truck to start working again after un hooking the battery lost some programed stuff but the seats & radio stations stayed also the lie-o-meter now says i LOST 4 mpg on the interstate cruise set at 80 mph =14.4

U

User_63152

wow it took 4 hours for my truck to start working again after un hooking the battery lost some programed stuff but the seats & radio stations stayed also the lie-o-meter now says i LOST 4 mpg on the interstate cruise set at 80 mph =14.4
"lie-o-meter" :ROFLMAO:

GATORB8

Reaction score
If you have access to a lift or if you remove your front air damn it would be much easier...I didn’t do either...I scooted underneath the front end and had very limited access to the bolts on each side...They are on there VERY TIGHT! I didn’t have a lot of leverage but managed to get them loose...The long bolts are a little tough to bang out due to the retainer piece that you destroy and don’t reuse...Install was much easier..:
I tried from underneath, it’s helps a lot to pull the front liners from the wheel wells. Regardless those bolt retaining washers are a PITA. I used a 15” adjustable wrench with a dead blow to yank them out.

GATORB8

Reaction score
Rewaxed the hood and fenders after doing the whole truck last week. Lots of contaminates on the hood, and it was still holding dirt.

I normally use clay, but I was out and all I found locally was the Griots Synthetic Clay. Holy crap, I’ll never use normal clay again, the synthetic is sooo much better.
Brought it back up with Megs Mirror Finish cleaner wax.

Attachments

• 70D2C0AD-C708-4F19-B35F-74381AA40C0F.jpeg
    70D2C0AD-C708-4F19-B35F-74381AA40C0F.jpeg
    208.8 KB · Views: 173
  • 8452381A-B323-4E50-AE18-CCDF45C30168.jpeg
    8452381A-B323-4E50-AE18-CCDF45C30168.jpeg
    230.9 KB · Views: 173

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Well that's good. My truck doesn't come with hooks, so I was thinking about adding them.

U

User_63152

Got my new wheels. Have an appointment at 10am to have the put on. Super excited!

I will show them after the install. :cool:

Attachments

• 20210516_130047b.jpg
    20210516_130047b.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 110

Users who are viewing this thread

• Nels