5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

grimreefer

U.S. Merchant Marine
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I've been looking at the Blackvue. Does it get in the way of the visors or a folding window shade?
I've got the BlackVue DR750X and a Husky sun shade. When the shade is in use it just touches the dash cam as I have it mounted but doesn't interfere with the lens/parking mode. The cam is nowhere near the visors.

0bvdv.jpg 0bvu.jpg

I can get a pic tomorrow of the cam and the shade if you want.

ETA: Added pic...
20210320_103126.jpg
(put a blanket over the windshield to reduce glare)

Last edited:

kevinvw

Reaction score
I've been looking at the Blackvue. Does it get in the way of the visors or a folding window shade?

Not at all. However I’m going to actually mount the Blackvue to the middle of my windshield, just below the shroud where by rearview mirror is.

I bought the Blendmount adaptor for the R7 radar detector, so that is going to sit in the place where the Blackvue is mounted in this photo.

Hope this helps!
a16202ee1f2b590e8bf5e330fe44b7b9.jpg

kevinvw

Reaction score
Why do you recommend the Blackvue over the Viofo. If you don’t mind me asking?

I personally don’t see the need for the monitor on the Viofo. I can pull up video on the Blackvue from my phone.

I also preferred the hardwired rear camera on the Blackvue as opposed to the wireless of the Viofo. Mounting and running the cords were super easy to conceal.

Also love the footprint/look of the Blackvue. The aesthetics were better looking to me, but that’s subjective of course.

Hope this helps!

TheMopars

Reaction score
After seeing mesoavery's nice work using the 3M CFS12 2080 Carbon Fiber vinyl I picked some up off Amazon and gave
it a try. I've never liked the faux wood trim in the Laramie interior and I'm really liking the new look.

Attachments

• IMG_3909.jpeg
    IMG_3909.jpeg
    375.8 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_3911.jpeg
    IMG_3911.jpeg
    344.1 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_3914.jpeg
    IMG_3914.jpeg
    315.8 KB · Views: 256

Buffchief52

Reaction score
After seeing mesoavery's nice work using the 3M CFS12 2080 Carbon Fiber vinyl I picked some up off Amazon and gave
it a try. I've never liked the faux wood trim in the Laramie interior and I'm really liking the new look.

Great job! I did the same, that fake wood really looks great covered in carbon fiber wrap! IMG_0558.jpg

Duran

Reaction score
Did you wrap the pieces without taking them off

TheMopars

Reaction score
Did you wrap the pieces without taking them off
I removed the center stack ( followed the directions in brake controller install post ) to do the top piece but did the door
trim in place. I used the card they sent with the vinyl to push the vinyl into the gap before I trimmed it. This was my first time wrapping anything, just took my time. The whole job took less than an hour.

* When I had the stack off I loosened the bolts a little that hold the screen in place to get the top piece to easily pop off

Attachments

• IMG_3900.jpeg
    IMG_3900.jpeg
    362.6 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_3902.jpeg
    IMG_3902.jpeg
    301.3 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Why do you recommend the Blackvue over the Viofo. If you don’t mind me asking?
The Blackvue is a FAR better product with much better quality. Like comparing the quality of a German engineered car to that of a Chevy. The design is better; the mounting is better; the app is better, it is easier to install without voltage converters needed, and it's still reasonably priced. You do not need a screen on any dash cam. As was stated above, all video can be easily downloaded to your phone via the Blackvue app. Highly recommend the new DR750X series.

Jeeper

Reaction score
in the last week I installed 2" wheel spacers, installed Solo Performance MR300 muffler delete, black lug nuts, full clay bar treatment and coat of nice wax.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

Mr. Grumpy

Reaction score
Was the Auto S/S bothering you that much? I was going to do the same, but it's sooooo smooth I decided to leave it alone as it doesn't bother me at all.
I was never a fan of the Auto S/S. I don’t like the way the A/C smells when the engine shuts down, the way the truck creeps forward when it starts. Only to save one gallon of fuel per tank (my opinion, I have not test this). I didn’t want a truck with the e-torque system but this one have all the options I was looking for so I bit the bullet.

Users who are viewing this thread