5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Hey guys!
Just got mine back from the shop and I’m very pleased with it all to say the least!
6” pro comp with 2” daystar to clear the 24x12 fuels on 37x13.5 Toto M/Ts with color match bushwhacker flares with black bolts. Just got to fix exhaust tips due to 2” daystar lift. Rides great! Very smooth and mild cab hum but so tolerable. Suspension geometry looks great. Has a hard time finding 8th Hwy driving but not to bad. Speedometer already calibrated for tire size. Couldn’t be happier. Arb diff cap on its way and br fabrications resonator delete w/ 5” black ceramic tips!
Very nice...but, I don't think I would have gone with 24's.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
To each there own right
Absolutely my friend...just stating my reaction to your post. Not everyone will love what you've done nor what I've done to my truck. I think it would have looked even hotter with an 18 or 20 for rims and a tire with a larger side wall...especially with the lift you have. Enjoy your truck!

obrien

Reaction score
not today but here is list of all mods I have got since I got the truck in December. List in order from top favorite to least:

1. Spray-in bed liner (I do not understand why would you do only drop in, I paid $350 for spray and it is superb)
  2. JMS Pedalmax -> you need some throttle commander. it will change your life
  3. BAK MX4 Cover
  4. hellwig Sway bar -> impressive how big difference it made
  5. 2" leveling kit + Nitto Ridge Grappler (275/65r20 =34.1") + alpha OBD to set the tachometer
  6. dash cam -> you should have one...
  7. Tint for UV protection (Texas sun) and privacy. Looks dope as hell. I have Llumar Ceramic and love it.
  8. DU-HA underseat storag
  9. Cargo Bar + storage bins hold against the tailgate for shopping/storage
  10. LED interior lights -> what a nice cheap upgrade, which will make your truck look much more modern/clean and it is highly functional at night
  11. RC rear wheelhouse liners -> why did I have to buy it myself? should be standard!
  12. rubber anti-slip bed mat -> I use cargo bar so it is optional but it really has a grip and I like it.
Returned -> Tazer dt.. not impressed with it and for the money only feature I would use is folding mirrors. Not worth the money IMHO plus people have issues with draining battery.

Last edited:

Prestovie

Reaction score
not today but here is list of all mods I have since I got the truck in December. List in order from top favorite to least:

[*]Spray-in bed liner (I do not understand why would you do only drop in, I paid $350 for spray and is it superb)

Those drop-ins are a nightmare in the long term, just end up trapping water, will never understand the desire for a bare bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chuck19

Reaction score
not today but here is list of all mods I have got since I got the truck in December. List in order from top favorite to least:

1. Spray-in bed liner (I do not understand why would you do only drop in, I paid $350 for spray and it is superb)
  2. JMS Pedalmax -> you need some throttle commander. it will change your life
  3. BAK MX4 Cover
  4. hellwig Sway bar -> impressive how big difference it made
  5. 2" leveling kit + Nitto Ridge Grappler (275/65r20 =34.1") + alpha OBD to set the tachometer
  6. dash cam -> you should have one...
  7. Tint for UV protection (Texas sun) and privacy. Looks dope as hell. I have Llumar Ceramic and love it.
  8. DU-HA underseat storag
  9. Cargo Bar + storage bins hold against the tailgate for shopping/storage
  10. LED interior lights -> what a nice cheap upgrade, which will make your truck look much more modern/clean and it is highly functional at night
  11. RC rear wheelhouse liners -> why did I have to buy it myself? should be standard!
  12. rubber anti-slip bed mat -> I use cargo bar so it is optional but it really has a grip and I like it.
Returned -> Tazer dt.. not impressed with it and for the money only feature I would use is folding mirrors. Not worth the money IMHO plus people have issues with draining battery.
$350 for spray in bed liner? What brand and where do you live? I was quoted $700 and up depending on material and if I wanted color match.

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Finished up my led strips in the bed, put the B2 resonator delete pipes on, and installed a seal around the tailgate gap.

For the lights I pulled constant power from just behind the connector for the rear fascia harness (from the wire that feeds the trailer connector), and ran it to a spdt switch mounted in the cover where the oem lights would go. Once it’s not so filthy under the truck I’ll run a wire from the factory overhead cargo light to the other side of my switch. Then I’ll have the option of having the lights off, manually on, or set to come on with the overhead light.

23bcd33ad9e6c24b0805c743b69f4da2.jpg

270741779de500c631fe5f5e77b36acf.jpg

Quint

Reaction score
Hey guys!
Just got mine back from the shop and I’m very pleased with it all to say the least!
6” pro comp with 2” daystar to clear the 24x12 fuels on 37x13.5 Toto M/Ts with color match bushwhacker flares with black bolts. Just got to fix exhaust tips due to 2” daystar lift. Rides great! Very smooth and mild cab hum but so tolerable. Suspension geometry looks great. Has a hard time finding 8th Hwy driving but not to bad. Speedometer already calibrated for tire size. Couldn’t be happier. Arb diff cap on its way and br fabrications resonator delete w/ 5” black ceramic tips! View attachment 82318
At 5'8" tall, I am pretty sure that I would need to climb up into that thing, especially without a step bar. Now my 6'5" and 6'3" brothers would have no problem! Nice look.

jdefoe0424

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yesterday I traded mine in with 20k miles for a 2019 6.4 2500 with 36k. If anyone in the Cincinnati area is looking for a sweet Patriot Blue Laramie that needs nothing added to it let me know and I will send you more info.
Got the same Patriot Blue paint but everything else about it is different, went from a Laramie to a tradesman...Kind of bittersweet about it but I know the 2500 will serve me well for many many years. If I could go back I would've bought a 2500 instead of the 1500...but that's COVID for ya, it expedited our camper purchase timeline.
Now to spend more money and get the new truck up to snuff....a vicious cycle!

Attachments

• IMG_20210210_182714.jpg
    IMG_20210210_182714.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:

Quint

Reaction score
Installed my new CD player - super glad I bought one, works just like I wanted it to 😃 View attachment 82019
Great find HemiDude. The manufacturer's website doesn't list compatibility for 2020 or 2021 trucks. Your profile says that you've got a 2020 so I assume that you've had no problems. Where did you route the cable connection, I assume to one of the front USB-A slots? The center console slot is just for power if I remember correctly?

How is the delay? The manual says that you need to let a CD load for 15-20 seconds. Is that only initially or every time you play a CD?

Chris VB

Reaction score
At 5'8" tall, I am pretty sure that I would need to climb up into that thing, especially without a step bar. Now my 6'5" and 6'3" brothers would have no problem! Nice look.

Ya she’s a leap! Especially for my wife @ 4’ 11 lol

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed my American Tonneau Company soft tri-fold cover. I know it's not the best but it's American made and couldn't beat the sale price (plus it came with a tailgate seal).

I've had fiberglass tonneaus for almost 20 years and have had an open bed on the RAM since I bought it. I wanted to split the difference and have a usable bed but be able to cover it. This is much nicer than trying to maneuver a 7' x 5' slab of fiberglass around whenever I want to use the bed.

I also did not want any rails, mounts, or clamps that would damage the lip of the bed. This fits the bill, is easy on and easy off, won't protest if I articulate off-roading, and is a fraction of the cost of a hard tri-fold.

The cover...

Cover 1.jpg

My "custom" tailgate seal...

Cover 2.jpg

It's not going to keep everything out but good enough to keep most of it out.

PHFT

Reaction score
The bed cap was causing a really bad glare on my rearview dash cam and also making it pointless so I ordered a new mount and a 49ft cable (which was more than needed) and installed it today, now my rearview dash cam is mounted in the bed cap but I can still move it back when I am driving without the cap.

IMG_0172.PNG IMG_0173.jpg IMG_0175.jpg IMG_0177.jpg IMG_0178.jpg IMG_0180.jpg IMG_0182.jpg IMG_0183.PNG

PaulieWalnutz

Reaction score
Ruined a tire .. ran over something on highway and went flat immediately. Tried to swerve and it looks like the tire caught the edge of what looked like a long piece of angle steel .. DAMnIt!!

davidn0021

Reaction score
Ruined a tire .. ran over something on highway and went flat immediately. Tried to swerve and it looks like the tire caught the edge of what looked like a long piece of angle steel .. DAMnIt!!
Damn! I hope you were able to pull off safely!

Users who are viewing this thread