5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Rocketman

Reaction score
I’ve been going back and forth on new tires for a while and finally settled on the Falken Ziex S/TZ in a 305/45/22. Pretty sweet so far, nice and quiet.

e4299a775aa2cf6c5c466b98cc926b36.jpg

23a0104ae7f37bb0e3da93a9307e7f6a.jpg

Also did a wash, wax, interior detail and engine wipe down

6922482722832de1e0d3e738d8528ebc.jpg

a1a201e97159505c337197cfb8a3a3d7.jpg

She’s ready to roll

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davidn0021

Reaction score
Added the Mishimoto oil catch can today. Even though I'll have to take it off for it to pass smog/emissions check when the time comes, if I still have the truck (I probably won't).

WReckeR

Reaction score
I do not use it for work and cannot write it off on my taxes. I just like new every 2-3 years because I can and I am a technology junkie. My truck is a toy and only a toy. There are several excellent retail ceramic products out there, but I have access to professional versions as well. Even the "professional" coatings are not much more than retail f you buy the higher end of the retail spectrum. You can do a section of your truck each weekend and my the end of the month...you'r done:D

I already own a polisher and a ton of quality microfiber towels and that's all you need. It really is super easy. When I see guys spending $1500-$4000 on paint correction and ceramic, I just shake my heado_O
Well, I love saving money, and I enjoy learning new skills. Besides, unless I use abrasives, it'd be hard to mess it up. So maybe I'll try. The only thing is that it's February, and in Indiana, there won't be any such activity going on. I'd prefer to get it done now, because I'd also prefer not staring at it sitting in my drive. I want to drive it! But the salt up here is not friendly. Guess I'll wring my hands a little longer.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Total opposite, last truck was 13 years, driving them into the ground, still missing it, and it was a chevy. Guessing 12 plus for this one

I'm only speaking about the paint correction and ceramic coat. I drove my 2003 Ram til July of last year. i'll have this 20 for at least 7 years

BowDown

Reaction score
Do you use your vehicle for work? Contractor / own your own business? What I'm getting at is, do you figure it into your tax return. After living 15 years without a truck payment, and now looking forward to paying five years for this amount of money, it's hard to get in the heads of others who are constantly upgrading every couple of years. Obviously easier if you make six figures.

On the ceramic coat, did you use regular retail products? I assume the professional grade products are of much higher quality.

16 hours of work is...a lot. I'm not the guy that says my time is too valuable to do it myself. I do EVERYTHING myself. But I bought a truck just now, in my midwestern winter. Can't really sit in the driveway every day polishing my truck like a Floridian can. For fear of the elements, I haven't driven it since last weekend when I drove it home from South Carolina. It just sits in the driveway avoiding the salted roads.

I use mine for work, self employed, own my business so I do write it off but I do like keeping vehicles a few years past when they're paid for and drive with no payment; I haven't had a truck/car payment since 2008.
On my paint correction, I use professional products (painted cars in college so the paint correction is no big deal) I used a griots garage big foot 15 mm throw DA polisher. I have a rotary but seldom see a need to use it with the pads (Buff-n-shine Uro-Tec pads) available today and 3D One or Menzerna. 3D one was made for black paint and is outstanding and cleans up easily, no snow storms.
I used Gyeon MOHS ceramic coat and also Carpro 3.0UK.

I put 2 coats on mine but in all likelihood, I will get some 3M Trizact 3000 and 5000 pads and DA the paint in a couple years or when the PPF starts looking bad and needs replacing.
16 hours isn't bad, it takes me right around 6-8 hours to do paint correction and another 3 to prep for and ceramic coat

antwon412

Reaction score
Installed by b2 fab moderate muffler today finally.
Haven’t even started it up yet. Letting to copper gasket material and high heat putty on the resonators cure.

Very easy install. The hardest part was the getting the factory muffler off the rubber hanger isolators.

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed by b2 fab moderate muffler today finally.
Haven’t even started it up yet. Letting to copper gasket material and high heat putty on the resonators cure.

Very easy install. The hardest part was the getting the factory muffler off the rubber hanger isolators.

Going to do mine soon...where are you guys putting the copper sealant and putty?

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed MOPAR 5” black exhaust tips last night, so not technically today..the “semi-night edition look” is now done.

I don’t have black wheels (and I don’t want them), and my grille surround and the “eyebrow” are granite crystal, not black, which I think looks good.

Maybe I’ll paint the grille surround someday, but IMO the eyebrow looks better color matched. View attachment 81759 View attachment 81760
E032F8E7-264A-4995-A1AE-47B03D6512EF.jpeg 152DF8C4-D80A-4116-BDED-CC99876F6ECA.jpeg E032F8E7-264A-4995-A1AE-47B03D6512EF.jpeg E0CF23F3-C9F5-4443-91C2-EEB93A45EEE1.jpeg 6AF3F579-9B12-4136-9A3D-3BE380553C55.jpeg
Finally completed the “night edition” look.. and gave her a good wash today..

last pic is the day I brought her home parked next to my ‘15 Sierra... it’s been quite a transformation!

Almost 2.5 years ago!! Still loving my RAM! Best truck I’ve ever owned hands down!!

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Going to do mine soon...where are you guys putting the copper sealant and putty?
The only place you may want to put it is on the slip joint where the clamp goes. Put a ring on the inside of one side and the outside of the other so, when they slide together before clamping, you have a nice seal.

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The only place you may want to put it is on the slip joint where the clamp goes. Put a ring on the inside of one side and the outside of the other so, when they slide together before clamping, you have a nice seal.

Cool. Thats where I was thinking. Just making sure I wasn’t missing anything

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Wanted to be cute and tweak the instrument panel lighting by modding the resistor values on the PCB.
Forget it.
It is software coded for sure...
Next step, adjustable solid state switch to duty-cycle between dim and full on cluster?

antwon412

Reaction score

And the putty is on the weep hold of the resonators. Each one has a weep hole in front and back.

HemiDude

Reaction score
Added the Mishimoto oil catch can today. Even though I'll have to take it off for it to pass smog/emissions check when the time comes, if I still have the truck (I probably won't).
Curious, what about a catch can would cause your truck to fail emissions? Or is it just something the inspectors say "Don't do"?

Users who are viewing this thread