5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

shrubs2000

Reaction score
Installed the Mishimoto Catch Can and Petcock Drain Valve Kit.

Was pretty easy using the Mishimoto Youtube Installation video.

Now I just need to decide on where to zip-tie the drain-hose
I ran mine straight down and zip tied it. Made a loop in the bottom and tied it facing upwards. I cut the tie and bend the loop down into a bottle and open the petcock to drain. Close petcock and wait a while then rezip the loop. The loop stops any drippage from the line.

tdager

Reaction score
Added the Mopar Bed Step.....for the love of all that is good in the world I wish I had bought the truck with that. It makes using the bed sooooo much easier.

Also put in LastFit cargo lights. Dang near blinded me when I turned them on, love them! LOL

PaulieWalnutz

Reaction score
Installed weather tech mud flaps. Tried to do a muffler swap but I had ordered the wrong part. Ordered borla muffler before I picked up my truck. Returned and ordered new muffler.

mlcarril

Reaction score
Which relay did u use?

the DRL lights on the 20" RC lighter and the amber marker lights are connected to the relay triggered by the factory side markers lights.

PaulieWalnutz

Reaction score
Mud flaps easy to install?
I was done in 15 min. 5/16ths socket (which I didn’t have) I used drill with 5/16 driver on front ones but on the back space is limited and drill wouldn’t fit so I used a tiny adjustable and used the driver to fit the hex nut and adjustable to bite the shaft of the driver haha.. if you have the right stuff you could be done in 5 mins... also I washed and dried the area the mud flap was going

Gitter

Reaction score
Finally decided it was time to get the Hellwig. When I got my tires, the improvement in handling was pretty significant due to the stiffer 10-ply, so I didn't feel compelled to get the swaybar right away. But after my 1400 mile trip while towing my TT, I figured it could only help with the small sway I experience on windier days at highway speeds.

I only just installed it today, but the truck does feel more controlled around corners in the middle setting. I'm reserving judgement on it for a while until I can say it's a must-have game-changer upgrade like the wheels were, but it's good to know the difference is actually noticeable.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed MOPAR 5” black exhaust tips last night, so not technically today..the “semi-night edition look” is now done.

I don’t have black wheels (and I don’t want them), and my grille surround and the “eyebrow” are granite crystal, not black, which I think looks good.

Maybe I’ll paint the grille surround someday, but IMO the eyebrow looks better color matched. A6CCB5AA-40A6-4D48-96F4-E8BF2BEE15EA.jpeg CBD30843-944C-4A81-80D7-96E3BFB49375.jpeg

Last edited:

PaulieWalnutz

Reaction score
Looks
Installed MOPAR 5” black exhaust tips last night, so not technically today..the “semi-night edition look” is now done.

I don’t have black wheels (and I don’t want them), and my grille surround and the “eyebrow” are granite crystal, not black, which I think looks good.

Maybe I’ll paint the grille surround someday, but IMO the eyebrow looks better color matched. View attachment 81759 View attachment 81760
Looks great.. reminds me of my 2018 granite crystal with black package.. great color

Maybe I’ll paint the grille surround someday, but IMO the eyebrow looks better color matched. View attachment 81759 View attachment 81760
Great color . Reminds me of my 18 granite crystal with black package.

TAK

Reaction score

I like the color match...I am working slow but sure to get to the eyebrow and color match it...

Users who are viewing this thread