5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

screamin chicken

Reaction score
Installing my Ram Airflow, and hoping Corsa will get their production going so I do not have to wait until March to get my exhaust.

Reaction score
It took me 2 months to get my Corsa Sport. Just installed it last week and also have the RAM Airflow. I had a Hellwig sway bar installed same day as the exhaust. That swaybar is a game-changer. I love it and was really skeptical about how much difference it would make.

Hez

Reaction score
For those of you with dash cams, what are your goals? What purpose does it serve?
I understand why cops have them, and I've seen a couple videos from people who caught the dynamics of an accident. But if you're driving on an 8 hour trip, where does all that data go? What do you do with it? I'm lost.

Not only for the benefit of evidence in the case of an accident, but also for the parking mode.

Any time there is vandalism to my vehicle or surroundings, or if someone drags their trailer across my bumper at the boat ramp - I now have some security knowing I have a chance of catching some or all of it on video, so that I may pursue the culprit.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Not only for the benefit of evidence in the case of an accident, but also for the parking mode.

Any time there is vandalism to my vehicle or surroundings, or if someone drags their trailer across my bumper at the boat ramp - I now have some security knowing I have a chance of catching some or all of it on video, so that I may pursue the culprit.
AMEN Brother! What most folks don't recognize is that events rarely occur while driving. It is while the vehicle is PARKED that **** happens. I know of several folks that had their camera catch the license plate of cars that backed into them while at the mall, grocery store, etc. while the vehicle was just sitting there unattended. This is why I stress to people that they should buy a dash cam with the parking mode capability and actually use it as the chances of getting hit while parked are exponentially greater than you catching something while driving.

Reactions: Hez

WReckeR

Reaction score
AMEN Brother! What most folks don't recognize is that events rarely occur while driving. It is while the vehicle is PARKED that **** happens. I know of several folks that had their camera catch the license plate of cars that backed into them while at the mall, grocery store, etc. while the vehicle was just sitting there unattended. This is why I stress to people that they should buy a dash cam with the parking mode capability and actually use it as the chances of getting hit while parked are exponentially greater than you catching something while driving.
SG,
I notice that you got the Retrax bed cover. On the Limited, the Night Edition already includes the tri-fold tonneau. Why did you opt for the Retrax?
Also, doesn't the Limited have an underseat cargo tray? But you got the Du-Ha.

After buying a Limited, I must prepare myself to understand the other must-haves.

Everyone's dash cam justifications are very persuasive...

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
SG,
I notice that you got the Retrax bed cover. On the Limited, the Night Edition already includes the tri-fold tonneau. Why did you opt for the Retrax?
Also, doesn't the Limited have an underseat cargo tray? But you got the Du-Ha.

After buying a Limited, I must prepare myself to understand the other must-haves.

Everyone's dash cam justifications are very persuasive...
I had a Retrax on my 2019 and transferred it over before I traded her in. This is my 3rd Retrax...LOVE THEM! I like being able to lock it up and I like the rolling solid aluminum cover. Bolt like a tank. I sold the factory tonneau that came with my truck to a guy there purchasing another RAM the same day that wanted a cover...overheard him talking to his salesman complaining about the price...timing was everything and easy money :) Took us 5 minutes to pull it off my truck and snap it onto his. My Limited does (did) have the under seat storage, but it's really a joke IMPO. The Du-Ha is fantastic and I highly recommend it. PM me and I'll share my cell number and we can chat anytime...happy to help and I can share a lot on several topics if you're interested in picking my brain.

thrasherjosh

Reaction score
Well I didn’t do anything really to the truck today, it was actually last Tuesday. I traded it! Below is the link for the truck. If anyone’s interested in the truck and wants details PM me. I’ll be glad to answer questions. Nothing wrong at all with the truck, I just trade every year or so!! Trucks located in Amarillo, TX at the Gen Messer Ford dealership! Yeah.. I know I got a Ford!!

https://www.messerfordamarillo.com/used-Amarillo-2019-RAM-1500-Laramie-1C6RREJT4KN872147

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tutanker

Reaction score
I got rid of my big fat muffler (Muffler Delete) yesterday. The work took Econo Muffler and Brake less than an hour and cost $80. My 5.7 Hemi now sounds like it should, bad to the bone. No need to remove resonators, or plug weep holes since it's plenty loud enough (so far). It's still pretty quiet in the cab too (so far). Should have done this right after buying the truck.

Night Rebel

Reaction score

WReckeR

Reaction score
I had a Retrax on my 2019 and transferred it over before I traded her in. This is my 3rd Retrax...LOVE THEM! I like being able to lock it up and I like the rolling solid aluminum cover. Bolt like a tank. I sold the factory tonneau that came with my truck to a guy there purchasing another RAM the same day that wanted a cover...overheard him talking to his salesman complaining about the price...timing was everything and easy money :) Took us 5 minutes to pull it off my truck and snap it onto his. My Limited does (did) have the under seat storage, but it's really a joke IMPO. The Du-Ha is fantastic and I highly recommend it. PM me and I'll share my cell number and we can chat anytime...happy to help and I can share a lot on several topics if you're interested in picking my brain.
Thanks SG...as soon as I actually BUY my Ram! ;)

D.Sull

Reaction score
Girlfriend got me some Rough Country puck lights for Christmas to go above my power steps... spent like $75 on them... way too much, in my opinion... so I went to Amazon and got some 12v LED strips for $11 and wired them up to my dome light. I'm pretty pleased. They come on when you open the door or touch the handle and illuminate the steps really well at night.

Attachments

• 20210104_125139.jpg
    20210104_125139.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 202
  • 20210104_125147.jpg
    20210104_125147.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 201

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Girlfriend got me some Rough Country puck lights for Christmas to go above my power steps... spent like $75 on them... way too much, in my opinion... so I went to Amazon and got some 12v LED strips for $11 and wired them up to my dome light. I'm pretty pleased. They come on when you open the door or touch the handle and illuminate the steps really well at night.

I’m not usually into after market lighting but that’s pretty sweet...how involved was it to get it wired into the dome?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gio

Reaction score
It took me 2 months to get my Corsa Sport. Just installed it last week and also have the RAM Airflow. I had a Hellwig sway bar installed same day as the exhaust. That swaybar is a game-changer. I love it and was really skeptical about how much difference it would make.
For the swaybar, what is it that makes it a game changer. I'm intrigued to see how much a difference it makes from the stock one.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
For the swaybar, what is it that makes it a game changer. I'm intrigued to see how much a difference it makes from the stock one.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
As others have stated, it does feel like the truck is riding on rails in turns instead of swaying with a good deal of body roll left or right. It doesn't ride much differently when driving in a straight line (although it seems the suspension feels a little stiffer when going over bumps/potholes/etc), but when turning, the truck just feels immensely more stable. Of the basic mods I've done (Pedal Commander, Mopar Intake, Corsa Exhaust, Hellwig Sway Bar, new wheels, Mishimoto Catch Can), if I were forced to choose just one, it would be a close race between the Pedal Commander and the Hellwig Sway Bar.

Users who are viewing this thread