5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Installed the Carven cat back exhaust today. Sounds really good, but I haven't been on the highway yet so I don't know about the drone. They have a great video on their website that shows how to install and also how it sounds. I didn't want something too loud. If you want something loud, this isn't for you.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
So it detects impact/collision? I think I'll probably get one since this vehicle isn't a lease. Prior, I didn't really care and just let insurance deal with it. You guys all bring up great points!
Yes, it has a gyro and shock sensor to detect situations that would require storage. Those settings are also fully adjustable via an app for both driving and parking mode.

djjr50

Reaction score
Yesterday, went to the dealer for warranty work on the rear glass leaking, bubbling of the leather on the dash, and condensation on the bed light and the service advisor displayed ignorance that left me baffled. I asked her about pricing for tires and she asked me if I was thinking of plus-sizing. I told her no and she said "good, because you cannot adjust the odo/speedo." I challenged her and she said that they can be adjusted on the previous gen but not the DT.

I will not be buying tires from them.

FDChauffeur91

Reaction score
Found a purpose for my cigarette lighter plug.

Removed the lighter and installed a LED toggle switch.
View attachment 76112

The toggle switch controls my LED lights.
View attachment 76113

I wired the off road lights to my high beam switch.
View attachment 76114

The lower LED strips are also turn signals.
View attachment 76115 View attachment 76116

If I kill the switch, it kills the LEDs and the off road lights. I can use just the high beams but the amber turn signals still function. View attachment 76117
That's a great idea. Looks great!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
For those of you with dash cams, what are your goals? What purpose does it serve?
I understand why cops have them, and I've seen a couple videos from people who caught the dynamics of an accident. But if you're driving on an 8 hour trip, where does all that data go? What do you do with it? I'm lost.
Cover my *** in an accident so it's not just my word against them. Can't dispute video. As for the data, 99% of dash cams do what they call loop recording. Once the video card fills up, it starts over writing the older files. With mine and a 32gb as card I can get about 3 hours of video in 3 minute files.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Cover my *** in an accident so it's not just my word against them. Can't dispute video. As for the data, 99% of dash cams do what they call loop recording. Once the video card fills up, it starts over writing the older files. With mine and a 32gb as card I can get about 3 hours of video in 3 minute files.
You may want to look at upgrading your card to a 256GB card...Amazon has the top tier Samsung cards cheap. Around the holidays, they were $25. Now, they are on sale again for $28 and that's dirt cheap for a 256GB SD card.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Here's my camera mounting location. Using the adapter harness that plugs in to rear view mirror harness. So no cables had to be run down to dash.
IMG_20200808_160300.jpg

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ordered up blacked out badging for my truck. All that is left is the sport hood bezel and the Laramie badge. Install them next weekend.

2bigalow

Reaction score
Installed the Carven cat back exhaust today. Sounds really good, but I haven't been on the highway yet so I don't know about the drone. They have a great video on their website that shows how to install and also how it sounds. I didn't want something too loud. If you want something loud, this isn't for you.

Interested in the your opinion regard excessive noise and drone. Looking for an exhaust that's quiet while cruising, but a little bark when on the gas.

vincentw56

Reaction score
Interested in the your opinion regard excessive noise and drone. Looking for an exhaust that's quiet while cruising, but a little bark when on the gas.
I drove it around at different speeds. No drone even with MDS. It doesn't over power the radio which is good. But it had a nice aggressive sound when you get on it.

Snicklefritz_76

Reaction score
I agree...love the location and repurposing of the cigarette lighter plug to a switch for any accessory as no one uses them any more anyway. I just wish @Snicklefritz_76 would add a few more lights to the front of his truck...not bright enough to be seen from space 😮

Don't tempt me @securityguy I used distribution blocks with my relays so adding extra LEDs just requires connecting the two wires to the blocks.

PXL_20210114_042650403.jpg

What we are looking at here is a 30A fuse block which feeds my 3 relays which are connected to 20A wiring blocks.

HemiDude

Reaction score
@HemiDude Have you got a closeup pic of where you installed them?
I do. I attached them to the receiver hitch frame. As you can see in the pic, for now they are fastened using the supplied double-sided take and some wire ties. If I decide to keep them where they are I will cut the wire ties and install some small screws in the the slots on the lights. So far they make a world of difference in the dark.

IMG_3363 - Copy_LI.jpg IMG_3360.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread