5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

RickWaz

Reaction score
CANBUS is the cars network (cars run networked components now totally unlike the simple 12v they ran on years ago.) This means they are saying that the truck will not pop up an error message when it detects something wrong with the network. The issue folks have been having with LEDs is RF (radio frequency) interference where the LEDs emit a lot of RF noise that interferes with other RF-based things like keyless entry, etc. Very few LED makers make that claim as it requires more engineering, testing, etc.
DAMN RF emitting LEDs! Thanks for the education. I'll return the LEDs if the keyfob and/or keyless entry are R-F'ed up.

RickWaz

Reaction score
I hope those work for you. Alla has been hit and miss for me over my last few vehicles. If those don't work out, try LASFIT. They are great

Thanks for the heads-up on the two brands! I've bookmarked the LASFIT LEDs in case these Alla LEDs puke.

RamVader

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response. So, the "courtesy" lights are just the sequential lights when not being used as a turn signal? So, in order for the signal to function properly the courtesy lights have to be on the entire time the truck is on...day or night?

Sorry. I miss read your question. No. The LEDs are different. The strips have two sets of LEDs in them. There are white LEDs and there Amber in LEDS. The courtesy lights are the white LEDs and the turn signal and brake lights are the amber LEDS. If you look at your strip you will see the LEDs are different colors I believe there 2 Amber LEDs to every 1 white LED. I will attach a picture of the strip not lit up and lit up so you can see what I’m talking about
5240f62c9770386ec8805a79c3ca955f.jpg

918e2cce0305065699a9f683ef106817.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19TXLimited

Reaction score
Yes that is correct. You will see by the two videos I posted. When the door is open and the white courtesy lights are turned on, the sequential turn signal operates smoothly. On the other video when the door is closed and the white lights are turned off the sequential turn signals do not operate properly. I tried different wiring configurations and the only other option I came up with is if you hook up the white wire to your running lights. The white lights will come on with your headlights and stay on and then the sequentials will operate properly. But I did not want to drive with my white Running board lights on. So I just live with the running sequential lights not operating properly. One more thing is the amber
Running board lights will come on when you apply the brakes

So, according to their site it should be a constant amber, with white lights at unlock and when door is open, then sequential when signal is used. Do you have yours wired to have the amber on all the time? I probably won't be installing mine for a little while since it's 100+ in Texas right now and that doesn't even sound like a fun project to tackle in the heat.

TNSmokee

Reaction score
The sequential lights require the white wire which is the white courtesy lights to have power in order for the sequential function to operate smoothly. See video attached with the door open when the white courtesy lights ( white wire ) have power to them.

When the door is closed and there is no power to the courtesy lights ( white wire ) the sequential lights don’t function properly. See video attached

I don’t want to drive with my white courtesy lights on all the time so I just live with the sequential not working properly

You said you have the curt adapter for your rear lightbar. What if you spliced in the turn signal wire from the curt adapter along with the signal you are getting from the bed cargo light? The bed cargo light would control the open and close and then the turn signal from the curt adapter would control the sequential.

bpl81

Reaction score
Hey there, how are those vent visors working out for you? I had them saved in a cart but was a little hesitant. Seen a couple post or youtube vid. have an issue with the back windows not fitting correctly. Hopefully not the case. I like the look straight across. Thanks Enjoy

Starting to have some issues with the passenger side front one starting to look out of shape. Need to pop it off and see what's going on.

RamVader

Reaction score
You said you have the curt adapter for your rear lightbar. What if you spliced in the turn signal wire from the curt adapter along with the signal you are getting from the bed cargo light? The bed cargo light would control the open and close and then the turn signal from the curt adapter would control the sequential.

Great minds think a like. That’s the first thing I thought also. You would think that would make sense and work. I already tried it and it does not work. I tried all kinds of configurations testing all kinds of wires connected everywhere and I could not come up with any solution with this light bar.

RamVader

Reaction score
So, according to their site it should be a constant amber, with white lights at unlock and when door is open, then sequential when signal is used. Do you have yours wired to have the amber on all the time? I probably won't be installing mine for a little while since it's 100+ in Texas right now and that doesn't even sound like a fun project to tackle in the heat.

I wired mine so only the white light turns on when door is open or key fob is pressed. Amber only lights up when turn signal and brake is applied.

From the light bar I wired the white wire to the bed light. The Black ground wire which has the fuse in it to the white ground wire of the Curtis adapter. The yellow wire to the yellow wire of the Curtis adapter for a left turn signal ( Driver side ). The yellow wire to the green wire of the Curtis adapter for the right turn signal ( passenger side ). I did not connect the red wire to anything.

TNSmokee

Reaction score
Great minds think a like. That’s the first thing I thought also. You would think that would make sense and work. I already tried it and it does not work. I tried all kinds of configurations testing all kinds of wires connected everywhere and I could not come up with any solution with this light bar.

Crap, I thought we had it. Seems like that would work.

bportillo1314

Reaction score
Please share
Here is the website, you will need to start a chat with one of the rep and ask for pricing... They will send you the best price they can

Last edited:

ny2az

Reaction score
Replaced my Haida 878 RT 33x12.50R22 tires today ... got an awesome great deal at discount tire on a set Nexen Roadian AT Pro RA8 305/45R22 ... $765, mounted, balanced w/ tax and fee's out the door 20200804_143152_resized.jpg ... the Haida 878 RT tires looked sweet but had a harsh ride and were noisy on the highway ... l dont do off-roading ... so l still wanted an All Terrain tread that looked good and highway friendly ... put about a 100 miles on the new Nexan tires and l love them ... great ride, Silent like my original Goodyear 22's and the softer plush ride is back w/ the Air Suspension ... the Haida'a granted were stiffer due to the LT 10 ply sidewalls .... and the Nexen's are 4 ply ... 20200804_143307_resized.jpg 20200804_142945_resized.jpg 20200804_142902_resized.jpg

TenBear

Reaction score
I wired mine so only the white light turns on when door is open or key fob is pressed. Amber only lights up when turn signal and brake is applied.

From the light bar I wired the white wire to the bed light. The Black ground wire which has the fuse in it to the white ground wire of the Curtis adapter. The yellow wire to the yellow wire of the Curtis adapter for a left turn signal ( Driver side ). The yellow wire to the green wire of the Curtis adapter for the right turn signal ( passenger side ). I did not connect the red wire to anything.

Could it be that you have amber wired up to work as brake and turn and that might be the issue. How about if you just left the ambers as turn signals and no break light and white wire for the white courtesy lights?

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
CANBUS is the cars network (cars run networked components now totally unlike the simple 12v they ran on years ago.) This means they are saying that the truck will not pop up an error message when it detects something wrong with the network. The issue folks have been having with LEDs is RF (radio frequency) interference where the LEDs emit a lot of RF noise that interferes with other RF-based things like keyless entry, etc. Very few LED makers make that claim as it requires more engineering, testing, etc.
I have LASFIT LEDs inside and out and have not experienced any problems. How would I know if my LEDs are causing this RF noise you are speaking of?

ssick92

Reaction score
Replaced my front driver & passenger door handles to finish up my mod to add passive entry to my Bighorn. I did all the hard work a couple weeks ago but had accidentally purchased the handles with the chrome strip instead of just the body color handles so was rocking a single chrome strip on both sides for 2 weeks. Glad I can finally call this mod complete...

I still have a hard time believing a truck with this many features does not come with passive enter and go, but was able to add it for about $400 and a little elbow grease/blood. 20200804_081318.jpg

K_Hub

Reaction score
Last edited:

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Replaced my front driver & passenger door handles to finish up my mod to add passive entry to my Bighorn. I did all the hard work a couple weeks ago but had accidentally purchased the handles with the chrome strip instead of just the body color handles so was rocking a single chrome strip on both sides for 2 weeks. Glad I can finally call this mod complete...

I still have a hard time believing a truck with this many features does not come with passive enter and go, but was able to add it for about $400 and a little elbow grease/blood. View attachment 64396
Is there a thread or build write up on how to do this? I would love this feature! Thanks

Mopar27

Reaction score
Has anyone setup a "roof top" tent such as the Ikamper? if so what did you need to purchase it to set it up and do you have any pictures or issues?

Users who are viewing this thread