5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Yogi217

Reaction score
YES, the Bighorn sits nice, total height 77" and just a lil, enuf fer me. But remember, these R standard size tires on stock rims, same size came with the truck. I just do not go in for all the fancy $2K of rims and such. My CRAGAR days (or cheap Keystones) R far behind me.
Hey turkeybird56, do you have 3.21 gears or 3.92?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Those look great! And you said you stayed with stock size, do you know if your speedometer is off at all? I'm wondering if I'll have to recalibrate if i switch to the falkens but stay stock size....

With the stock size my gps (Google maps) was right on with my speedometer so no worries there. I knew that if I went to a 70 aspect ratio or bigger tires it would need recalibration

cjh0702

Reaction score

Wow... there is a lot to love here. I really like the badge in the tailgate. Is that custom? Do you have a link to it?

I’m also diggin the added light bar under the grill. Which one did you use?

Lastly, I have never seen a tonneau cover like yours. Do you have more pictures or a link to their website?

Great looking truck man. Kudos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turkeybird56

Reaction score
Oh ok. The LTs are 10 ply....according to Falkens website.

Well, BOIRD maybe wrong, prob am, been a chitty weak, I do have the 6 Ply, I think, so I guess truck sized tires, but ne way, THEY r PRETTY dang good. I need to go out and get my glasses on, and read the sidewall of the tire, but me thinks U R correct Suh.....

turkeybird56

Reaction score
Hey turkeybird56, do you have 3.21 gears or 3.92?

I wish 3.92, but alas, bought off lot, 3.21. But the Red Beast sits 98.7% of the time, so def not a deal breaker. Getting 20-22 MPG on a highway trip with a Hemi works for da BOIRD, lol

turkeybird56

Reaction score

Ccm12

Reaction score
I found the connection point that RamVader used. I have the Limited with the bed lights so I do like the idea of them coming on with those lights and having the ability to turn on/off with the switch in the bed. I did go a little different route though. I went with these:

I liked these because they are magnetic and I can place them directly in the middle of each door. I got the lights with the 20' leads so I'll have plenty of wire to make a clean install. I have the Curt trailer harness in place already for my reverse lights so that will be my grounding point as RamVader also suggested. I'm going to use butt connectors to tie them together and have a single lead going to the starting point where I'm using the splice connector. The part I didn't understand at first was the sequential turn signals. Evidently he has them wired to his curt connector to activate on that signal as well. Or maybe I'm still miss reading that part. Anyway, once I think I'm done and tell the wife that's it, "I promise", then something like this comes along. Oh well!!
Keep us posted in the install. Those lights are interesting.

19TXLimited

Reaction score
I Added extra LED bed lighting and LED Running board courtesy lighting with Amber sequential turn signal. I tapped into the factory bed lighting wiring for the white lights. So now the bed & running board lights light up when the door opens, tailgate opens, or when I press the unlock button from the key FOB. I ran wiring from the running board to the Curtis trailer wiring adapter that I used for the OPT7 tailgate triple light bar for the Sequential turn signal to work on the running boards.
9ba74ca9a42b8ec1a7e623ce1799ddb1.jpg

7dd2932b6c900e525f6e0c3fbed87a7a.jpg

Going to change the cargo light to LED next

Any tips on installing the sequential running board lights? I have a set in the garage, but waiting to install these, bed lights and tailgate light at the same time.

Also, do you have video of the sequential signal on the running boards?

K_Hub

Reaction score
Walked outside at 5:30 this morning with the intention of doing a full paint correction but it’s just too damn hot. She still got pampered with a strip wash, iron decontamination, another strip wash, clay bar, Mothers Chrome Polish, ISPA wipe down followed by Turtle Wax Seal and Shine. Slapped on the new AVS Aeroskin deflector. Now to go take a cold shower and drink a beer!

d7043548badf1e2ea934739cf3a45830.jpg

648c81a442bede89b4db6d6f69df5d6e.jpg

698cca6cb8d4e39460242d0a43b94de8.jpg

Well, my AVS Aeroskin lasted 24 hours. Another high heat day today and two spots at the curve of the hood began to separate. I pulled it off to replace and add more new 3M tape. It scratched up pretty bad in the process of removing the original tape even though I placed it on a soft surface. $80 in the trash. I’m ordering a bolt on AVS to replace it. The Aeroskin may work great for most but if you live where it hits 115+ degrees I’d advise against it.

mlcarril

Reaction score
Wow... there is a lot to love here. I really like the badge in the tailgate. Is that custom? Do you have a link to it?

I’m also diggin the added light bar under the grill. Which one did you use?

Lastly, I have never seen a tonneau cover like yours. Do you have more pictures or a link to their website?

Great looking truck man. Kudos.

Thank you.
The Tailgate Badge - https://www.billetbadges.com

Light is from Rough Country - https://www.roughcountry.com/ram-led-bumper-kit-70779c.html?find=2020-dodge-ram-1500-4wd-568910
they include the brackets. I have the DRL version and changed the wiring so they could only come on in Acc or RUN mode. Water fowler 41 has some great install videos

The tonneau cover is from Diamondback - https://diamondbackcovers.com/collections/covers

mlcarril

Reaction score

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
I've ordered these (921) bulbs for the 3rd Brake Light and (2) Cargo Lights. Fingers crossed there's no interference, as it's noted that they're "CANBUS error free design".

https://www.amazon.com/Alla-Lighting-Lumens-Reverse-Back-Up/dp/B072FHNZKW

View attachment 64249
I hope those work for you. Alla has been hit and miss for me over my last few vehicles. If those don't work out, try LASFIT. They are great

RamVader

Reaction score
Any tips on installing the sequential running board lights? I have a set in the garage, but waiting to install these, bed lights and tailgate light at the same time.

Also, do you have video of the sequential signal on the running boards?

The sequential lights require the white wire which is the white courtesy lights to have power in order for the sequential function to operate smoothly. See video attached with the door open when the white courtesy lights ( white wire ) have power to them.

When the door is closed and there is no power to the courtesy lights ( white wire ) the sequential lights don’t function properly. See video attached

I don’t want to drive with my white courtesy lights on all the time so I just live with the sequential not working properly

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online