5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Eric82much

Reaction score
I'm jealous because you all have your trucks and making great mods. I'm ordering mine tomorrow and I don't want the rear window defroster. My dealer says every Longhorn comes with it. I live in South Florida and it messes up my tint. My dealer says I can't delete it. Any of you have experience with this? Sorry for the interruption into all your fun. I look forward to posting once I get mine. Thanks in advance.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm jealous because you all have your trucks and making great mods. I'm ordering mine tomorrow and I don't want the rear window defroster. My dealer says every Longhorn comes with it. I live in South Florida and it messes up my tint. My dealer says I can't delete it. Any of you have experience with this? Sorry for the interruption into all your fun. I look forward to posting once I get mine. Thanks in advance.

I’ve never heard of that, but I live down here too and have mine tinted. You don’t have to turn it on.

thebluegoat

Reaction score
Could just unplug it so it’s not turned on by accident

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score

Eric82much,

You are not interrupting us, you are joining the fun!!!!

Southwest Florida here. What specific issue are you talking about with the rear window defroster?

If it is like a build up of condensation, I am not experiencing this issue with my truck. Are you talking over extended period of time where the blower onto the window messes up tint or the laying of the tint onto the windows an issue due to the electrically conductive adhesive????

Eric82much

Reaction score
Eric82much,

You are not interrupting us, you are joining the fun!!!!

Southwest Florida here. What specific issue are you talking about with the rear window defroster?

If it is like a build up of condensation, I am not experiencing this issue with my truck. Are you talking over extended period of time where the blower onto the window messes up tint or the laying of the tint onto the windows an issue due to the electrically conductive adhesive????
It was more of a general issue of not wanting the defroster for aesthetic reasons, as well as prior experience where the tint bubbles at the wires. Would just like to eliminate during the order if possible.

Lize

Reaction score
Sat at 60 with cruise on smooth long road barely holding steering wheel. Big comfy seats and spacious interior gave me weird feeling like I was a small child pretending to drive

Get your child something like this and they’ll love cars when they grow up! There were no sat navs in my day.
1561039140186.jpeg

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It was more of a general issue of not wanting the defroster for aesthetic reasons, as well as prior experience where the tint bubbles at the wires. Would just like to eliminate during the order if possible.

There are zero trucks on the road now that don’t have a rear window defroster. Get quality film installed by a quality shop and you won’t have an issue.

gturtle34

Reaction score
I did the flat lights only...rear cabin bed light, mirror blinkers, headlights. Thought about doing the fog lights, but they are so hidden you can barely see them AND if I need fog lights, I want them to produce light, I don't want them to have any less light production.
The first headlight went so easy I thought I might try the tail lights, but the second headlight didn't go so easy. I think I had too much tension on it and kept getting creases. So not only was I super frustrated, I ran out of tint film to even attempt the tail lights.
The covers i have are ok. I had a set fly off on the highway, got them replaced. The one thing I dont like is that there are 4 "dimples" that protrude out of the cover where the velcro/adhesive pieces are that attach the cover to the light. It makes them look a little silly. But for 80 bucks ( i think thats what I paid for them) and about 5 minutes to install, they get the job done for now. Might get the tails professionally tinted or try them myself someday.
I played with my extra film and put it on the third brake light (rear cabin bed light). Super easy on a flat surface and looks great!

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can’t fix stupid. Dropped off my truck for a recall and tsb’s and to have my drivers interior door panel replaced under warranty (it came with a stress crack from factory).

They did everything I asked......BUT they replaced my door panel with one for a standard Laramie, not Laramie Sport. Now I have 3 doors with carbon inserts and one with wood grain. Have to wait a week and another trip to the dealer.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can’t fix stupid. Dropped off my truck for a recall and tsb’s and to have my drivers interior door panel replaced under warranty (it came with a stress crack from factory).

They did everything I asked......BUT they replaced my door panel with one for a standard Laramie, not Laramie Sport. Now I have 3 doors with carbon inserts and one with wood grain. Have to wait a week and another trip to the dealer.
I'm not sure if I should like this or laugh at this. Look at my signature. How stupid can a tech be? Surely someone had to have realized putting it in that it didn't match what you had. Probably they did, the problem today is that nobody GAF about doing a good job.

UKreject

Reaction score
I installed Lund Vigilante Smoke bug deflector. I like this one because it has a turned up lip so theoretically, the air flow should be higher maybe over the windshield. Only a wind tunnel will prove this so we will see how it works. I hate the 6 plastic clips provided. The thread strips out very easily. But it does seem solid. I chose smoke 'cos I was afraid of chrome overload and I'm happy with it.

Attachments

• IMG_20190620_161920346_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190620_161920346_HDR.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_20190620_161929909_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190620_161929909_HDR.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_20190620_161945192_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190620_161945192_HDR.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_20190620_162000846_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190620_162000846_HDR.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_20190620_162013448_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190620_162013448_HDR.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_20190620_162056080_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190620_162056080_HDR.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_20190620_162441081_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190620_162441081_HDR.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_20190620_162446349_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190620_162446349_HDR.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 113

ET32913

Reaction score
I actually got it done yesterday but I had tint installed on the front door windows - XPEL Prime XR Plus 20%...I’ll do the rest of the windows another time.

TODAY, I dropped off the truck for bedliner. 2AB74F33-8EDC-44BE-A791-2870C8BA6DE7.jpeg 5EC8DC39-CE3B-4014-BD7A-F774F210A8AA.jpeg

Last edited:

Eric82much

Reaction score

Which dealer? I'm in BR as well. I was going to order from Arrigo after lack of response at Schumacher.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Which dealer? I'm in BR as well. I was going to order from Arrigo after lack of response at Schumacher.

Arrigo Sawgrass. I actually bought mine from Miami Lakes Automall because Schumacher is the absolute worst dealer around for any brand and Arrigo basically refuses to order trucks with the 33 gallon tank. Miami Lakes has great optioned our trucks on the lot and work amazing deals. University Dodge is good too for deals but they don’t have the best selection either. Arrigo Sawgrass Body shop is amazing and did a phenomenal job when I got rear ended (minor damage) and also 8 years ago when someone hit my 2011 Grand Cherokee. This was an oversight one off I would say. Alana is my service writer and while they may not always get it right they do give you a loaner and will do TSB’s without a question.

Users who are viewing this thread