What did you do to your Ram today???

Thatsme06

Reaction score
Thank you! I'm very pleased with the results! This is how the truck is supposed to look!!

The first thing you need is the halogen to LED adapter harness. As far as I know, the only place to get one is from Retro Shop. It was $175.00 https://shop.retroshop.us/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=5G.ADAPT

Black Headlights:
Left - 68316089AG
Right - 68316088AG

Black Tail Lights:
Left - 55112993AD
Right - 55112992AD

I ordered the tail lights from rockauto.com for ~$600 , but they don’t offer the blackout headlights, so I ordered those from Bam Wholesale. They were $1050 for the pair.

Including the harness, tax, shipping, etc., this is around a $2000 upgrade. Not cheap.

The headlight installation is a little tricky, but definitely manageable. The installation guide from Retro Shop is very good. I took my time, I didn't break anything and had no leftover hardware when I was done!!
Absolutely I couldn't stand the chrome reflector housing so I went with the black housing prior to the LED harness being released. Looks much better but these look really good and love the running lights. Might be a future project but for the price I will wait and hopefully find some 2nd hand.

Eric82much

Reaction score
I'm jealous because you all have your trucks and making great mods. I'm ordering mine tomorrow and I don't want the rear window defroster. My dealer says every Longhorn comes with it. I live in South Florida and it messes up my tint. My dealer says I can't delete it. Any of you have experience with this? Sorry for the interruption into all your fun. I look forward to posting once I get mine. Thanks in advance.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm jealous because you all have your trucks and making great mods. I'm ordering mine tomorrow and I don't want the rear window defroster. My dealer says every Longhorn comes with it. I live in South Florida and it messes up my tint. My dealer says I can't delete it. Any of you have experience with this? Sorry for the interruption into all your fun. I look forward to posting once I get mine. Thanks in advance.
I’ve never heard of that, but I live down here too and have mine tinted. You don’t have to turn it on.

thebluegoat

Reaction score
Could just unplug it so it’s not turned on by accident

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
Eric82much,

You are not interrupting us, you are joining the fun!!!!

Southwest Florida here. What specific issue are you talking about with the rear window defroster?

If it is like a build up of condensation, I am not experiencing this issue with my truck. Are you talking over extended period of time where the blower onto the window messes up tint or the laying of the tint onto the windows an issue due to the electrically conductive adhesive????

Eric82much

Reaction score
Eric82much,

You are not interrupting us, you are joining the fun!!!!

Southwest Florida here. What specific issue are you talking about with the rear window defroster?

If it is like a build up of condensation, I am not experiencing this issue with my truck. Are you talking over extended period of time where the blower onto the window messes up tint or the laying of the tint onto the windows an issue due to the electrically conductive adhesive????
It was more of a general issue of not wanting the defroster for aesthetic reasons, as well as prior experience where the tint bubbles at the wires. Would just like to eliminate during the order if possible.

Lize

Reaction score
Sat at 60 with cruise on smooth long road barely holding steering wheel. Big comfy seats and spacious interior gave me weird feeling like I was a small child pretending to drive

Get your child something like this and they’ll love cars when they grow up! There were no sat navs in my day.
1561039140186.jpeg

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It was more of a general issue of not wanting the defroster for aesthetic reasons, as well as prior experience where the tint bubbles at the wires. Would just like to eliminate during the order if possible.
There are zero trucks on the road now that don’t have a rear window defroster. Get quality film installed by a quality shop and you won’t have an issue.

gturtle34

Reaction score
I did the flat lights only...rear cabin bed light, mirror blinkers, headlights. Thought about doing the fog lights, but they are so hidden you can barely see them AND if I need fog lights, I want them to produce light, I don't want them to have any less light production.
The first headlight went so easy I thought I might try the tail lights, but the second headlight didn't go so easy. I think I had too much tension on it and kept getting creases. So not only was I super frustrated, I ran out of tint film to even attempt the tail lights.
The covers i have are ok. I had a set fly off on the highway, got them replaced. The one thing I dont like is that there are 4 "dimples" that protrude out of the cover where the velcro/adhesive pieces are that attach the cover to the light. It makes them look a little silly. But for 80 bucks ( i think thats what I paid for them) and about 5 minutes to install, they get the job done for now. Might get the tails professionally tinted or try them myself someday.
I played with my extra film and put it on the third brake light (rear cabin bed light). Super easy on a flat surface and looks great!

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can’t fix stupid. Dropped off my truck for a recall and tsb’s and to have my drivers interior door panel replaced under warranty (it came with a stress crack from factory).

They did everything I asked......BUT they replaced my door panel with one for a standard Laramie, not Laramie Sport. Now I have 3 doors with carbon inserts and one with wood grain. Have to wait a week and another trip to the dealer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 10)