5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Yeah, shook us all up a little for sure.

I forgot to say at the end there, I'm also thankful that her mother had that feeling before we left that our daughter just shouldn't drive that morning. As I mentioned, she's been driving us just about everywhere we go, but her mother just didn't have a good feeling about it. It may have ended up with the same result but I'm still very glad it was me driving for that.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about the road paint, I'd be worrying about your foot. You ok?

View attachment 105433

Limping along. 120 miles on the Dirtbike Saturday wasn’t the best for a broken foot with the doc saying to stay off it lol
b3d5041258adf4e2f7384c27aacb88a1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HemiDude

Reaction score
Trying to decide on a new tire that’s severe weather rated. Cooper At3 4S look good but then you got Toyo AT3, the trusty Duratracs also. Hard decisions for my baby
FWIW the Coopers were great on my Ram last winter. Can't speak on the other two, but I would have no qualms buying the AT3 4s again

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I tried to open my co-worker's truck thinking it was mine.....might need to put my name on the door...or encourage him to lift his or put new wheels and tires on. I'm not used to having a twin to my truck parking so close to mine.

brenan00

Reaction score

I forgot to say at the end there, I'm also thankful that her mother had that feeling before we left that our daughter just shouldn't drive that morning. As I mentioned, she's been driving us just about everywhere we go, but her mother just didn't have a good feeling about it. It may have ended up with the same result but I'm still very glad it was me driving for that.
Something about Mother’s, they got this feeling. My daughter just sent this to us, so true. It is a tik tok if you are worried about that. Your reactions were right on. I am for your family and will pray for the women. I remember those days driving with my daughter at sixteen she wanted to drive every time we got in a car except at 0430 on the way to school and morning swim practice. Later

jgreene

Reaction score
I gave my brakes a serious test early yesterday morning. To set the scene, it's 6:20AM and still dark, I'm on a highway heading north, about halfway into a trip to an early softball game. I have my partner, our kid, and my mother in law in the vehicle. Our kid is 16 and I've been teaching her how to drive for a while now, and she has been driving us just about anywhere when we need to go some place. Well on this morning, her mother didn't feel great about that and asked if I would drive instead, and of course I obliged.

Back to 6:20AM in the dark, cruise set at 78mph (was not using adaptive just because I haven't gotten into the habit of using it) and we are coming down a hill and I see a vehicle pulled over on the right shoulder without hazards on. So I promptly moved over into the passing lane as a precaution and it was right about then that I had an experience that I have never had as a driver....a person appeared and I noticed their silhouette starting to run across the highway into the right lane, and then into my lane as my headlights hit them. The person had ran into the lane I was in and squared up to face my truck, no hands in the air, just faced me. I slammed on the brakes for all they were worth and they got me slowed down enough to maneuver around her to the right and miss her.

Of course we immediately called 911, as did a truck that was behind us the she also tried to jump in front of. Part of me wanted to stop but I also was not willing to put anyone in my family at risk, the night before there were several shootings and stabbings with people on the run still within that area. It was still difficult not knowing what was going on with her, but hopefully I made the right decision.

We got to the softball game and another softball dad arrived about 10-15 minutes later, I knew he had travelled the same route so I asked what he saw at that location when he passed. He told me police were just arriving on scene but he did not see any one with the vehicle.

Talking with my partner later, who was riding up front with me....she said before I changed lanes she spotted the woman walking from the front of her vehicle to the drivers door, and then look right at us as we were coming down the hill before darting out in front of us. I was so focused on trying to not hit her and also not get rear ended by that truck that was a distance behind me that I didn't get as many details as she did. She said I got the truck down to maybe 20mph and barely was able to avoid her to the right, and that she came back at us when I did that to try to get hit. And then the truck behind us went to the left and she darted over towards them too.

I guess in the end I'm just thankful the truck has good headlights and brakes, and the way I was taught how to drive by my father. I was constantly scanning the sides of the road for deer, and also to immediately get over whenever there's a vehicle on the shoulder. If I hadn't gotten over she may have been able to accomplish her goal, if that is what she was trying to do. I hope to never have an encounter like that again, and am glad our daughter didn't have to in this instance either.
Definitely one of two things. Either trying to kill herself or carjack you. Glad you are safe! Hopefully the police were able to find her.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Yep, her Mom had that feeling....it's what Mom's do!! I'm also glad your daughter wasn't driving. I'm pretty sure you relied on a lot of prior experience to avoid what could have been a terrible experience! Not saying your daughter couldn't have handled it but I would hate to have her go through the experience no matter the outcome!

Aside from that I'm also glad to hear the brakes performed.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Something about Mother’s, they got this feeling. My daughter just sent this to us, so true. It is a tik tok if you are worried about that. Your reactions were right on. I am for your family and will pray for the women. I remember those days driving with my daughter at sixteen she wanted to drive every time we got in a car except at 0430 on the way to school and morning swim practice. Later

Yeah it's pretty amazing, it's those little things you think about sometimes in hindsight and it gives you chills. Can't say how glad I am that she had that feeling that morning and acted on it.

Definitely one of two things. Either trying to kill herself or carjack you. Glad you are safe! Hopefully the police were able to find her.

Those were definitely the scenarios that were running through my mind at that time, I hope they found her too. Seems like with the information my partner provided, really sounds like it may have been the first scenario.

Yep, her Mom had that feeling....it's what Mom's do!! I'm also glad your daughter wasn't driving. I'm pretty sure you relied on a lot of prior experience to avoid what could have been a terrible experience! Not saying your daughter couldn't have handled it but I would hate to have her go through the experience no matter the outcome!

Aside from that I'm also glad to hear the brakes performed.

Yes I was so happy in hindsight that her mother did have that feeling and that I was driving. Even if she had avoided hitting her I'm sure that could still really have an effect on a newer driver.

I've been preaching constant vigilance because you never know what you might encounter with little to no warning. And I know that isn't always easy to fully grasp at a younger age but this was maybe the best example of why focus is so important while driving. I've driven by thousands of cars on the shoulder over the years, all were routine until yesterday morning. She's a good kid and I know she takes it seriously, but it's that wrong place wrong time scenario that scares me.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I gave my brakes a serious test early yesterday morning. To set the scene, it's 6:20AM and still dark, I'm on a highway heading north, about halfway into a trip to an early softball game. I have my partner, our kid, and my mother in law in the vehicle. Our kid is 16 and I've been teaching her how to drive for a while now, and she has been driving us just about anywhere when we need to go some place. Well on this morning, her mother didn't feel great about that and asked if I would drive instead, and of course I obliged.

Back to 6:20AM in the dark, cruise set at 78mph (was not using adaptive just because I haven't gotten into the habit of using it) and we are coming down a hill and I see a vehicle pulled over on the right shoulder without hazards on. So I promptly moved over into the passing lane as a precaution and it was right about then that I had an experience that I have never had as a driver....a person appeared and I noticed their silhouette starting to run across the highway into the right lane, and then into my lane as my headlights hit them. The person had ran into the lane I was in and squared up to face my truck, no hands in the air, just faced me. I slammed on the brakes for all they were worth and they got me slowed down enough to maneuver around her to the right and miss her.

Of course we immediately called 911, as did a truck that was behind us the she also tried to jump in front of. Part of me wanted to stop but I also was not willing to put anyone in my family at risk, the night before there were several shootings and stabbings with people on the run still within that area. It was still difficult not knowing what was going on with her, but hopefully I made the right decision.

We got to the softball game and another softball dad arrived about 10-15 minutes later, I knew he had travelled the same route so I asked what he saw at that location when he passed. He told me police were just arriving on scene but he did not see any one with the vehicle.

Talking with my partner later, who was riding up front with me....she said before I changed lanes she spotted the woman walking from the front of her vehicle to the drivers door, and then look right at us as we were coming down the hill before darting out in front of us. I was so focused on trying to not hit her and also not get rear ended by that truck that was a distance behind me that I didn't get as many details as she did. She said I got the truck down to maybe 20mph and barely was able to avoid her to the right, and that she came back at us when I did that to try to get hit. And then the truck behind us went to the left and she darted over towards them too.

I guess in the end I'm just thankful the truck has good headlights and brakes, and the way I was taught how to drive by my father. I was constantly scanning the sides of the road for deer, and also to immediately get over whenever there's a vehicle on the shoulder. If I hadn't gotten over she may have been able to accomplish her goal, if that is what she was trying to do. I hope to never have an encounter like that again, and am glad our daughter didn't have to in this instance either.

Follow up question to this for those who use lane keep assist...I've never had mine one, but in a scenario like this where I had to make a quick maneuver without signaling, would the truck fight me to stay in the lane I was in?

CanRebel

Reaction score
I don't have it on my Ram. but I have it on other cars/truck/suv. It just beeps at you. doesn't stop you from being dumb :)
Edit. also flash's light...

vincentw56

Reaction score
Follow up question to this for those who use lane keep assist...I've never had mine one, but in a scenario like this where I had to make a quick maneuver without signaling, would the truck fight me to stay in the lane I was in?
Yes, it will fight you, but you can still do it.

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
Yes and depending on how you have it set it could be harder or easier or you can turn it off to where it only alerts you I think.

pmegason

Reaction score
If you have the Trailer brakes below the radio, Just squeeze them and it should show up in the Center Drivers Screen.
Mine does that.

Malodave
I had to add the trailer brakes below the radio. It won't show up on screen until I activate that feature.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score

Dang that is crazy! I’m glad you were paying attention, that’s something no one should have to ever encounter. I saw the aftermath once working on the freeway a year ago. A drunk guy hit a piece of equipment in our lane closure and decided to run from the scene across 4 lanes of the 5 freeway and he made it halfway then someone nailed him.
It happened to an old friend of mine too; she was driving home from work on the freeway and a guy jumped in front of her car and she slammed on the brakes and swerved and missed hitting him and she looked in her rear view mirror and there was a big lifted truck behind her that tried to swerve also but the guy jumped in front of the truck and got splattered. She obviously stopped and she said it was a bloody mess. Another friend of mine’s cousin was driving a dump truck and someone jumped out in front and he hit the guy too but the guy didn’t die. The driver pulled over and was reversing back to the man and watched the man crawl to the other side of the road to purposely get hit by another car and died. Crazyyy stuff. Gotta always be on the lookout!!

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't have it on my Ram. but I have it on other cars/truck/suv. It just beeps at you. doesn't stop you from being dumb :)
Edit. also flash's light...
Yes, it will fight you, but you can still do it.
Yes and depending on how you have it set it could be harder or easier or you can turn it off to where it only alerts you I think.

Thank you all for that information, it's good to know just in case.

Dang that is crazy! I’m glad you were paying attention, that’s something no one should have to ever encounter. I saw the aftermath once working on the freeway a year ago. A drunk guy hit a piece of equipment in our lane closure and decided to run from the scene across 4 lanes of the 5 freeway and he made it halfway then someone nailed him.
It happened to an old friend of mine too; she was driving home from work on the freeway and a guy jumped in front of her car and she slammed on the brakes and swerved and missed hitting him and she looked in her rear view mirror and there was a big lifted truck behind her that tried to swerve also but the guy jumped in front of the truck and got splattered. She obviously stopped and she said it was a bloody mess. Another friend of mine’s cousin was driving a dump truck and someone jumped out in front and he hit the guy too but the guy didn’t die. The driver pulled over and was reversing back to the man and watched the man crawl to the other side of the road to purposely get hit by another car and died. Crazyyy stuff. Gotta always be on the lookout!!

Thank you, likewise I hope we never encounter that again and surely hope our daughter never does. Those are some crazy stories, it's obviously sad that these people got to that point at all but it's also not great of them to involve others in it. Why potentially ruin other peoples lives as well in the process?

Agree though, the thing to take away from this is doing your absolute best to remain focused on your driving and your surroundings.

Amerinamese

Reaction score
I travel 2 hours south to Lewisburg a couple times a year for work meetings. Now I gotta check this place out ha.
The Rusty Rail is actually in Mifflinburg, about 10 minutes west of Lewisburg on 45. There's a new brewery in Lewisburg called J a c k a s s Brewing. I haven't tried it yet since I don't live there anymore, but I hear good things.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread