5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed the Mopar bedlights on my truck. Fun little project, but man I'm glad to have some lights finally in the bed!

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I contemplated doing the back up lights as well when I did my tint. I didn't use Luxe though because they have several negative reviews. I ended up tinting them. Looks better and it's not like they are that bright to begin with
Yeah, I was just thinking that the LED backup lights tinted are probably brighter than the non-tinted backup lights on my Tundra. It does look a lot better.

Last edited:

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Looks much better with the backup lights tinted.

No complaints with the Luxe tint. They fit perfect and were relatively easy to install. I don't understand the negative reviews unless the person doing the install wasn't very patient.

20210913_101518.jpg

Last edited:

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How was the job, I'll probably do it myself soon.
I think it was fairly simple. Started off at the back driver side then ran the wire to the passenger side, then worked my way up front. I didn't read the instructions, I just went off what my OCD was telling me to do and I hid the wires very well. I followed the youtube video that shows you how to activate them without taking them to the dealer and it worked perfectly! I think overall it took me 2 hours.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Installed the Mopar bedlights on my truck. Fun little project, but man I'm glad to have some lights finally in the bed!
Now that you’ve got the Mopar lights installed, it’s pretty easy to add LED light strips that turn on/off with the Mopar lights, if you find they don’t provide adequate light. These are what I, and some others here, used.

Nilight TR-09 3PCS 60 Bed Light Strip 270 LED with On/Off Switch Blade Fuse Splitter Extension Cable for Cargo, Pickup Truck, SUV, RV, Boat,2 Years Warranty

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Now that you’ve got the Mopar lights installed, it’s pretty easy to add LED light strips that turn on/off with the Mopar lights, if you find they don’t provide adequate light. These are what I, and some others here, used.

Nilight TR-09 3PCS 60 Bed Light Strip 270 LED with On/Off Switch Blade Fuse Splitter Extension Cable for Cargo, Pickup Truck, SUV, RV, Boat,2 Years Warranty
Yeah I actually added something similar to that as well. I knocked out both things while I was at it. :D

dbark

Reaction score
I think it was fairly simple. Started off at the back driver side then ran the wire to the passenger side, then worked my way up front. I didn't read the instructions, I just went off what my OCD was telling me to do and I hid the wires very well. I followed the youtube video that shows you how to activate them without taking them to the dealer and it worked perfectly! I think overall it took me 2 hours.

I have watched a couple videos and thought it looked pretty easy too, I was thinking of getting the kit from Infotainment since they include a programmer, I'll have to look into this other method

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The other method is super simple. I thought the wiring was going to be a little crazy to do, but it was actually super simple. Saved me some money for sure!

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
2c00db5b792c34a307779e8a97377dfc.jpg

b7227acdc8d7d23b55d033ff80105d2a.jpg

This was fun. Stupid road paint

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I gave my brakes a serious test early yesterday morning. To set the scene, it's 6:20AM and still dark, I'm on a highway heading north, about halfway into a trip to an early softball game. I have my partner, our kid, and my mother in law in the vehicle. Our kid is 16 and I've been teaching her how to drive for a while now, and she has been driving us just about anywhere when we need to go some place. Well on this morning, her mother didn't feel great about that and asked if I would drive instead, and of course I obliged.

Back to 6:20AM in the dark, cruise set at 78mph (was not using adaptive just because I haven't gotten into the habit of using it) and we are coming down a hill and I see a vehicle pulled over on the right shoulder without hazards on. So I promptly moved over into the passing lane as a precaution and it was right about then that I had an experience that I have never had as a driver....a person appeared and I noticed their silhouette starting to run across the highway into the right lane, and then into my lane as my headlights hit them. The person had ran into the lane I was in and squared up to face my truck, no hands in the air, just faced me. I slammed on the brakes for all they were worth and they got me slowed down enough to maneuver around her to the right and miss her.

Of course we immediately called 911, as did a truck that was behind us that she also tried to jump in front of. Part of me wanted to stop but I also was not willing to put anyone in my family at risk, the night before there were several shootings and stabbings with people on the run still within that area. It was still difficult not knowing what was going on with her, but hopefully I made the right decision.

We got to the softball game and another softball dad arrived about 10-15 minutes later, I knew he had travelled the same route so I asked what he saw at that location when he passed. He told me police were just arriving on scene but he did not see any one with the vehicle.

Talking with my partner later, who was riding up front with me....she said before I changed lanes she spotted the woman walking from the front of her vehicle to the drivers door, and then look right at us as we were coming down the hill before darting out in front of us. I was so focused on trying to not hit her and also not get rear ended by that truck that was a distance behind me that I didn't get as many details as she did. She said I got the truck down to maybe 20mph and barely was able to avoid her to the right, and that she came back at us when I did that to try to get hit. And then the truck behind us went to the left and she darted over towards them too.

I guess in the end I'm just thankful the truck has good headlights and brakes, and the way I was taught how to drive by my father. I was constantly scanning the sides of the road for deer, and also to immediately get over whenever there's a vehicle on the shoulder. If I hadn't gotten over she may have been able to accomplish her goal, if that is what she was trying to do. I hope to never have an encounter like that again, and am glad our daughter didn't have to in this instance either.

Last edited:

brenan00

Reaction score
I gave my brakes a serious test early yesterday morning. To set the scene, it's 6:20AM and still dark, I'm on a highway heading north, about halfway into a trip to an early softball game. I have my partner, our kid, and my mother in law in the vehicle. Our kid is 16 and I've been teaching her how to drive for a while now, and she has been driving us just about anywhere when we need to go some place. Well on this morning, her mother didn't feel great about that and asked if I would drive instead, and of course I obliged.

Back to 6:20AM in the dark, cruise set at 78mph (was not using adaptive just because I haven't gotten into the habit of using it) and we are coming down a hill and I see a vehicle pulled over on the right shoulder without hazards on. So I promptly moved over into the passing lane as a precaution and it was right about then that I had an experience that I have never had as a driver....a person appeared and I noticed their silhouette starting to run across the highway into the right lane, and then into my lane as my headlights hit them. The person had ran into the lane I was in and squared up to face my truck, no hands in the air, just faced me. I slammed on the brakes for all they were worth and they got me slowed down enough to maneuver around her to the right and miss her.

Of course we immediately called 911, as did a truck that was behind us the she also tried to jump in front of. Part of me wanted to stop but I also was not willing to put anyone in my family at risk, the night before there were several shootings and stabbings with people on the run still within that area. It was still difficult not knowing what was going on with her, but hopefully I made the right decision.

We got to the softball game and another softball dad arrived about 10-15 minutes later, I knew he had travelled the same route so I asked what he saw at that location when he passed. He told me police were just arriving on scene but he did not see any one with the vehicle.

Talking with my partner later, who was riding up front with me....she said before I changed lanes she spotted the woman walking from the front of her vehicle to the drivers door, and then look right at us as we were coming down the hill before darting out in front of us. I was so focused on trying to not hit her and also not get rear ended by that truck that was a distance behind me that I didn't get as many details as she did. She said I got the truck down to maybe 20mph and barely was able to avoid her to the right, and that she came back at us when I did that to try to get hit. And then the truck behind us went to the left and she darted over towards them too.

I guess in the end I'm just thankful the truck has good headlights and brakes, and the way I was taught how to drive by my father. I was constantly scanning the sides of the road for deer, and also to immediately get over whenever there's a vehicle on the shoulder. If I hadn't gotten over she may have been able to accomplish her goal, if that is what she was trying to do. I hope to never have an encounter like that again, and am glad our daughter didn't have to in this instance either.
Wow man.

ktl5005

Reaction score
Trying to decide on a new tire that’s severe weather rated. Cooper At3 4S look good but then you got Toyo AT3, the trusty Duratracs also. Hard decisions for my baby

FN-2187

Reaction score
Does it just pop out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, there is a tab at 2, 6, and 10 o'clock that you push down from behind and it pops out. I took the knee buster off under the steering wheel and just reached up. Took 5 minutes.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

U

User_63152

Trying to decide on a new tire that’s severe weather rated. Cooper At3 4S look good but then you got Toyo AT3, the trusty Duratracs also. Hard decisions for my baby
Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain Plus. (y)

Users who are viewing this thread