5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
View attachment 105563
Put the steps on for my pregnant 5’5 wife (nope, definitely wasn’t because I love how they look on this truck), and I put on my backrack and toolbox because sometimes I have to work
It’s okay…no excuses required. Many of us have height challenged wives. We know how it works…you can’t see the steps from the inside when driving. You know they’re there but can’t see them. It’s better than them not being there at all and the noise you’ll hear on the inside of the cab from the height challenged aka short passenger!

Plus, we all know who wears the pants in the family. And any guy who says he does is D-I-V-O-R-C-E-D or celibate!

Last edited:

Shark875

Reaction score
Been pretty busy this week :

- Got the premium chrome mirrors on to replace the black tow mirrors
- Got Ceramic Tint Installed on front 2 and windshield brow
-LEDs in front footwells
- Hardwired Radar detector and dash cam
- Installed AEM dry flow air filter
- Washed the truck
- Installed plugs in license plate holes (front bumper
- Custom door sill guards (y'all already saw those)
- Snapped a couple pics, nothing extraordinary, still looks like a stock truck. Just doing the subtle mods that improve day to day.
- Ordered tires (Terrain Contact A/T) Backordered a month
- Installed auxiliary LED reverse lights

742774ab83b64bd074b1c7028ce71642.jpg
60ed5d958f649d3bddb7fddfdb0f2f1e.jpg
adb4a27ded33e882abcd433f30801b79.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk
looks sharp! where do you get the front bumper plugs from?

Ldc2335

Reaction score
looks sharp! where do you get the front bumper plugs from?
Thanks! Plugs were from Amazon but any 3/8" plug should work. I've seen them at Lowe's and ace hardware. They are nickle plated and shiny silver. I thought they'd be chrome. Look better than holes, but I think I may try to find some plastic chrome ones. I'm afraid these might rust long term. Maybe just the chrome license plate Bolt covers would be better.

Possibly better option.. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B5ZY07I/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_P1V0ZJVJKQQ8JCSDRYHR

Got my tow hooks in and of course it's pouring rain today. The mod gods are against me!

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed all the wiring so I can add BSM to my truck. All I need are the tail lights that should be here tomorrow, the replacement glass for the mirrors and the Taser to make it all work. Excited to get this going before my trips to Colorado in two months. 🤘🏽🤘🏽

brenan00

Reaction score
It’s okay…no excuses required. Many of us have height challenged wives. We know how it works…you can’t see the steps from the inside when driving. You know they’re there but can’t see them. It’s better than them not being there at all and the noise you’ll hear on the inside of the cab from the height challenged aka short passenger!

Plus, we all know who wears the pants in the family. And any guy who says he does is D-I-V-O-R-C-E-D or celebrate!
I wear them, she just picks them out for me every morning.

SLO/RAM

Reaction score
Bought my first Ram a few days ago! Had a '16 Tacoma and '20 R-Pod trailer.. got a '28 grand design Imagine trailer so had to upgrade truck :) Looked at going Rebel but couldn't find a used one with the diesel.. stoked to find this 2020 with only 9K miles! Any suggestions on trailer brake controller placement? Thanks
IMG_20210910_192341632.jpg IMG_20210912_160501556.jpg

Goldsy

Reaction score
Bought my first Ram a few days ago! Had a '16 Tacoma and '20 R-Pod trailer.. got a '28 grand design Imagine trailer so had to upgrade truck :) Looked at going Rebel but couldn't find a used one with the diesel.. stoked to find this 2020 with only 9K miles! Any suggestions on trailer brake controller placement? Thanks

Buy the OEM brake controller for less than $300, install it yourself and get the dealer to flash the computer for you to activate it (or do it yourself with alphaOBD). That's what I did. My dealer only charged me $60 bucks to do the flash. That's the cleanest install you can possibly get. There are several youtube videos out there on how to do it.

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Plus, we all know who wears the pants in the family. And any guy who says he does is D-I-V-O-R-C-E-D or celebrate!
hahah or... some of US are just 5'5". i would need a running start to get in this truck if i didn't get the steps. also a big reason i got the MFT.

BmoreStew

Reaction score
Installed a Comma 3 self driving unit. Great hardware and awesome community of guys working on compatibility with the 1500. I’ve been super impressed with how well it works on the couple of short drives I’ve been able to shoehorn into the day. It’s like a Cyber Truck, but good looking!

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Installed a Comma 3 self driving unit. Great hardware and awesome community of guys working on compatibility with the 1500. I’ve been super impressed with how well it works on the couple of short drives I’ve been able to shoehorn into the day. It’s like a Cyber Truck, but good looking!
Glad to see another one added.

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score
Anyone found an all weather floor-mat for a crew cab that doesn’t cover the two storage units in the floor in the back. That will also work with the Duha under seat storage?

2019 Ram 1500 ORP “long bed” - setting #5 bilsteins, 2”mopar ucas, hellwig sway bar, tonneau cover, bed mat, 20” Laramie sport wheels on 285/60r20 falkens. Flowmaster outlaw.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I want this

brenan00

Reaction score
Will this work anywhere or is it regional? We cannot get satellite radio in Hawaii. If so, that will save me some dough for awhile and it will be dialed by the time we get to the mainland. Mahalo and later.

Users who are viewing this thread