5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

U

User_63152

Installed a speedlogix catch can today that the wife got me for Father’s Day. (Yeah she gave it to me early.). My son helped me install it which is awesome. Had to improvise on the install due to already having the S&B cai. I hope I don’t have any troubles down the road due to vibrations, but is very solid for now. Will be checking on it frequently for some time to come. Still need to buy hose clamps since it doesn’t come with it.
I really like that relocation you did for the catch can. (y)

CopterDoctor

Reaction score
Thank you, Sir!
It really helps fill in the very large empty space and brings attention that you have a cc. Should make checking the fluid in it easy since it is an open area.

The only pain in the butt for the entire install was having the dang stool I was standing on slip out from underneath me while working in the engine bay. Needless to say I had a tourettes moment and flung that POS across the front yard. My boy laughed his butt off at the fiasco.

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score
Sway bar is in. Took me all of 30 minutes and a gallon of sweat in this 105 degree day. Set it to the middle hole and as everyone has stated it is an absolute improvement.

d2c4a838c12834d381e7de5a4003d9d1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moosefire66

Reaction score
Sway bar is in. Took me all of 30 minutes and a gallon of sweat in this 105 degree day. Set it to the middle hole and as everyone has stated it is an absolute improvement.

d2c4a838c12834d381e7de5a4003d9d1.jpg

Why is everyone switching sway bars? I'm new to the forum, so I just don't know why everyone is switching that on a new truck

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Moosefire66

Reaction score
Stability good sir.

Lol I get what it does, I just don't know why people are replacing it on a brand new truck. Is the stock one that weak to allow that much body roll to justify replacing? I assume this is for towing as well as just for daily driving

skyninja

Reaction score
Installed FA200 dashcam front and rear. Insulated one internal rambox to hold 4 bottles water using rigid foam sheet. installed used soft folding cover to truck bed. Inside now relaxing with a beer as Texas is far to hot to be doing all this stuff!

Stephen

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score
Lol I get what it does, I just don't know why people are replacing it on a brand new truck. Is the stock one that weak to allow that much body roll to justify replacing? I assume this is for towing as well as just for daily driving

Correct.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

The stock one is hollow and this one is solid. It reduces sway in the rear alot. It should have been this way from the factory, but they are cheap.

Snicklefritz_76

Reaction score

It made a huge difference for me. I drive down 295 a lot, lots of curves and the truck feels a lot more planted when taking a turn @ 70mph.
I went directly to the stiffest setting and haven't touched it since the install.

Moosefire66

Reaction score
It made a huge difference for me. I drive down 295 a lot, lots of curves and the truck feels a lot more planted when taking a turn @ 70mph.
I went directly to the stiffest setting and haven't touched it since the install.
Ok. Thanks for the schooling!

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score
So, even my wife, who cares nothing about cars, said "wow, that thing is called a swaybar? Does ram know how much better it makes these trucks? What else are people doing in that forum.....I am trying to ease here into the Whipple discussion......

That’s an easy conversation. My last conversation went like this “well the cheapest Trx is like 72k I guess I could just get a supercharger for like less than ten installed instead” it didn’t work I’m just saying that how it went. Hahahaa.

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score

I may go to the stiffest setting as well after driving around today and hauling some stuff.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Stopped by my parents condo to water the plants while they are retired and living half the year in the Philippines.

Decided to do my 2nd oil change on my RAM while I was there. I do it yearly since I don't come close to the mileage required, I still had 50% left on my monitor, but don't want to risk my powertrain warranty by going over a year.

Just as easy as I remembered (using the 2 zip lock bag method on the filter), rather pleasant to be honest, almost relaxing.

Hopefully this time my Blackstone Labs oil sample makes it to Blackstone, have about 4,200 miles on this sample using Shell Rotella Gas Truck 5W-20. It will be interesting to see how the motor is breaking-in.

RAM Oil Chnge 2m.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread