5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, guessed that just had no idea it was there.
Gonna see if there's any stacks of cash or gold hidden in it now
I knew I left that in your truck, so when you find it let me know. Lol

Jcalka16

Reaction score
5% ceramic tint the other day
Did you do a tint on the windshield? With visor or whole windshield? I only ask because I was thinking about about doing a visor tint. I was unsure if it will mess the sensors up. I’m already doing a ceramic film for the UV protection and heat rejection might just leave it at that.

Jcalka16

Reaction score
Teaser shot! Will get her cleaned up and some proper photos taken ASAP! Got a little rub happening on the front fenders (rear section) nothing a little heat and persuasion won’t correct.
Is your windshield tinted?

Jmmoore3

Reaction score
What's the total # of T10 to do the interior (map, footwells [front/back], glovebox)?
5 t10 in cab. Footwells lower glovebox and map lights. Upper glovebox should already be LED.

Spendo81

Reaction score
I’m also a fan of the white letters out.
31cd840afc2eb8de7bffa4f3d6bc2173.jpg

Don’t mind the truck being dirty it was -22°.

2019 Ram Rebel, 5.7 Hemi
Dam good looking Ram right there.

ElkoNV

My dog thinks I’m cool.
Reaction score
Okay I'll bite, I saw that while cleaning the back mats. What is it and does it serve a purpose?
Ok not sure if you are serious, but I too will bite. I know there are some that do not know this. It is for filling your truck with fuel from a 5-gallon portable can. It holds the little fuel filler nozzle flaps open.

sep1006

Reaction score
Ok not sure if you are serious, but I too will bite. I know there are some that do not know this. It is for filling your truck with fuel from a 5-gallon portable can. It holds the little fuel filler nozzle flaps open.

No I was serious. What a stupid place to put this.

Dumb question, why can't you just pour it in through the fill nozzle? Seems like it would be way easier and you wouldn't have to worry about spilling gas in the back go your truck.

ElkoNV

My dog thinks I’m cool.
Reaction score

Dumb question, why can't you just pour it in through the fill nozzle? Seems like it would be way easier and you wouldn't have to worry about spilling gas in the back go your truck.
The fill nozzle has a spring-loaded flap that will close. You need something to prop the flap open, the funnel holds the flaps open.
418 IN CASE OF EMERGENCY
CAUTION!
Accessories plugged into the vehicle power outlets draw power from the vehicle s battery, even when
not in use (i.e., cellular devices, etc.). Eventually, if plugged in long enough without engine
operation, the vehicle s battery will discharge sufficiently to degrade battery life and/or prevent
the engine from starting.

REFUELING IN EMERGENCY Ȧ IF EOUIPPED
The vehicle is equipped with a refueling funnel for a Cap-Less Fuel System. If refueling is
necessary, while using an approved gas can, insert the refueling funnel into the filler neck
opening. Take care to open both flappers with the funnel to avoid spills.
NOTE:
In certain cold conditions, ice may prevent the fuel door from opening. If this occurs, lightly
push on the fuel door to break the ice buildup and re-release the fuel door using the inside
release button. Do not pry on the door.

Refuellng Funnel
Insertlng Funnel

CAUTION!
To avoid fuel spillage and overfilling, do not "top off" the fuel tank after filling.
Emergency Gas Can Refueling:
Most gas cans will not open the flapper doors. A funnel is provided to allow emergency refueling
with a gas can.
See below steps for refueling:
1. Retrieve funnel from the spare tire storage area.
2. Insert funnel into same filler pipe opening as the fuel nozzle.
3. Ensure funnel is inserted fully to hold flapper doors open.
4. Pour fuel into funnel opening.
5. Remove funnel from filler pipe, clean off prior to putting back in the spare tire storage
area.

Attachments

• 21_DT_OM_EN_USC_t.pdf
    77.2 KB · Views: 10

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

There's a second flap a few inches down the fill tube that the long funnel opens.
That said, I agree that its a bad place to put it especially after using it. It will forever smell like fuel and smell up the cab

ElkoNV

My dog thinks I’m cool.
Reaction score
That said, I agree that its a bad place to put it especially after using it. It will forever smell like fuel and smell up the cab
I take a gallon size ziplock bag and wrap it around it so if you have to use it you can put it in the bag until you get home to wash it.

Apettit13

Reaction score
Popped on these AVS headlight covers today, very pleased as they gave the look I wanted, while still allowing plenty of light through. I also places my order for new wheels and tires, now let the 3-4 week wait begin 😢

Attachments

• 3CDA4946-EBB2-4AF2-83E8-0D7B7149963F.jpeg
    3CDA4946-EBB2-4AF2-83E8-0D7B7149963F.jpeg
    301.9 KB · Views: 151
  • 205036A9-D51E-4EA8-B29D-63ACC19CE4C4.jpeg
    205036A9-D51E-4EA8-B29D-63ACC19CE4C4.jpeg
    313 KB · Views: 155
  • 978A1FB9-5439-4C13-AE56-0D7C029EF5BA.jpeg
    978A1FB9-5439-4C13-AE56-0D7C029EF5BA.jpeg
    332.3 KB · Views: 151
  • C51ADBDD-5104-4745-A737-979A86C7798F.jpeg
    C51ADBDD-5104-4745-A737-979A86C7798F.jpeg