5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

brawler1588

Reaction score
Used the truck like a truck and got a deer in the back on sunday.
498f44419f9dff204b80017be1134c47.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I religiously searched them on Amazon and somehow found them to be prime (delivered the next day) and paid $160 per set of the c2-690tx and 84.95 for the c2-350x. These are typically not a prime product on Amazon but on Nov 1st they were listed as such and for these prices and I did not hesitate and had them delivered on Nov. 2nd.
Awesome, I have gotten myself fully confused on these speakers. I have the Alpine system 8.4N with 9 speakers. What would you change out?

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That looks real good, but a quick if you don't mind - Where is the air filter and can you get refills from your local auto parts store or do you need to get them from the dealership?

Steve

Filter is washable or replace, up to you.

79D6BFFA-2C9E-4175-9E46-923969CF6CC7.jpeg

Douglas31

Reaction score
That looks real good, but a quick if you don't mind - Where is the air filter and can you get refills from your local auto parts store or do you need to get them from the dealership?

Steve
Here is a pic with the top cover removed. I’m guessing it would need to be purchased from the dealer or you can just clean it pretty easily. B1B7148B-8B92-421A-8A21-74E7A38D2B77.jpeg

b.w.royder

Reaction score
Finally got my Ram back today after hitting a deer with 1700 miles on it. It got a New Line-Xed Ranchhand front Summit bumper replacement, a 2 inch leveling kit, new set of KO2s and had the bed Line-Xed. It got a new grill including all the surrounding pieces, internals behind the grill, headlight, and driver side fender. I also de-badged the doors and Ceramic Coated it. IMG_0489.JPG

Last edited:

Turbo1895

Reaction score
Awesome, I have gotten myself fully confused on these speakers. I have the Alpine system 8.4N with 9 speakers. What would you change out?
I don't have this system in my truck, so take my advice with a grain of salt (although I have read every post pertaining to any radio system at least 2x already), I would start with replacing all of the 3.5 and then see how it sounds. The 6x9 would be next. I dont think there aee any options to replace the triple voice coil subwoofer yet so that is going to stay as is. From what I read, many people are happy after they just upgrade the absolute trash 3.5 that come stock in these trucks. Again, just my opinion based on what I read and the info I gathered to date.

Mossy89

Reaction score
Damn those wheels are huge! I hope that offset doesn’t kick up too much crap and mess with your paint.

Oh yeah, I couldn't keep the thing clean lol.

So, I got my truck ceramic coated. Local guy is certified thru gtechniq. I ended up doing the Ultra Black, which is the ultra serum topped with EXO. He did the wheels and windshield as well. It's guaranteed for 9 years and I bring it back yearly for check ups. It made a world of difference to the black paint. It really 'pops' now. Will get a picture soon, gotta let it cure for a few more days before I shine the tires. I keep trying to tell myself that the cost isn't too bad spread over 9 years, and I won't tell my wife either haha.

Turbo1895

Reaction score
Yeah, I had been deployed so had plenty of time to research everything I wanted. Ordered the truck and all the mods prior to my return and had the week off to get all the work done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1st things first, Your Truck Looks awesome. With that said, did you do the window tinting yourself and if so how tough is that to do? I am pretty handy and do most mods myself but I have not even thought about doing window tint myself.

Last edited:
U

User_18177

1st things first, Your Truck Looks awesome. With that said, did you do the window tinting yourself and if so how tough is that to do? I am pretty handy and do most mods myself but I have not even thought about doing window tint myself.

Thank you very much, I appreciate it. No, I didn’t perform the tint myself. I have no experience in that department so I’d rather pay the professionals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Talpa

Reaction score
Made my own custom cup holder cell phone holder, saved $30 from weathertech:)

Last week had the paint corrected and I ceramic coated with Gtechniq along with the front end wrapped in X-cel

Users who are viewing this thread