5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I did. I failed to mention that the first two tires were a disaster. I was holding the cans too far away and wasn't wetting it enough. I ended up with a tremendous amount of texture. I had to remove the dip on those two tires and start over from scratch which cost me a lot of labor and time. Fortunately, time, patience, practice, and no less than a dozen you tube videos later, I was able to get results that I was pleased with. I used approx. 1 can of black per wheel and 2 cans of gloss enhancer. In all, it was 1 base coat, 4 wet coats, and 3 gloss coats. Now to be careful in taking care of them. Not sure how durable they are.
If you hand wash, they can last a while. Two years or more. If you get a scratch, you can always touch up.
I’ve had tires replaced and the rim edge stayed intact, so pretty durable.

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How hard is it to line up? I’m worried I’ll put it on crooked.

If you look at the first picture real close the tape is transparent so you can see what you are doing when putting it on. If you don't press down you can always peel it back up and try again.

Lize

Reaction score
How hard is it to line up? I’m worried I’ll put it on crooked.
If you look at the first picture real close the tape is transparent so you can see what you are doing when putting it on. If you don't press down you can always peel it back up and try again.
I usually put on masking tape on as a bottom guideline (and sometimes an edge too) so you can assess and alter that if needed before setting the badge right next to it, easy being able to see through transparent tape too.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I have the chrome ones on now but want to swap to black. I want to make sure it goes right where the old one was.

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the chrome ones on now but want to swap to black. I want to make sure it goes right where the old one was.

I see... :unsure:

I put 4x4 Emblem Overlay Decal over my chrome.

barakutha

Reaction score
Started the de-chroming process

32ed00a1126c5e36680c2579b2ed2699.jpg

13f30832fe028b703a59818e32b8192d.jpg

Also realized again how big a difference tires make

e8311c9f928aecda447ee3f4657abd60.jpg

ec886537bc875fca32f37e8016084aef.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whetrick1

Reaction score
Biggest project time-wise was plasti-dipping my stock Laramie 20" wheels black. I hat the stock rims, but they look better black at least until I can afford a new set of wheels. I also installed a Hellwig Sway Bar, and a Pedal Commander. Finished the weekend off with a few trim items. Gotta say, she's coming coming along............... perfection takes time!

Where did you get the decal that you put on the tailgate

barakutha

Reaction score
Was the original Ram emblem difficult to pop off? Where’d you get the black version?

I used a small steam machine to heat the emblem, then a trim removal tool to pop it off (along with a microfiber towel to protect the paint).

I ordered the emblems from a dealership in Avondale

AgitatedK9

Reaction score
Took it to the dealer to get some clunking at low speeds checked out, I'm now in a bright yellow classic which my daughter (3) has deemed the school bus.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

TNSmokee

Reaction score
My windshield would fog up in the mornings on the way to work, came up with this idea:
Vent Fix-1.jpg
Vent Fix-2.jpg
Made a pattern of the vent and cut the vinyl to lay over the top. "Pushed the can down the street"

spaightlabs

Reaction score
So you are going to stop airflow to prevent fogging?

There's an easier way to stop airflow...

thcmas35

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
I tried loading up my Yamaha Grizzly 700 in my rambox bed for the first time. I was most hesitant about ordering rambox because of this occasional need (guys trip only so no need to trailer the 3 other familer wheelers). My grizzly has aftermarket rims with an offset and measured about 48" wide ... very close to max rambox width. I removed the tonneau, rails and rear tie downs. I was relieved when it went straight in without breaking anything!

My old Rams had coil suspension and squatted with the 600lbs. Air suspension leveled me out nicely.

Oh and pardon the dirt from the trip a few days ago!!!

(Yes, I tied it down after pictures)

IMG_20190821_181652.jpg IMG_20190821_181705.jpg IMG_20190821_181715.jpg IMG_20190821_181624.jpg IMG_20190821_181632.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread