5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

went camping with friends. photos from my friends. i barely took out my camera because it's my 3rd time there this year.
View attachment 191648View attachment 191650View attachment 191649
Revisited the spot where I took some product action shots for RCI skid plates.
View attachment 191651
View attachment 191652
... and scraped the fuel tank skid, as usual. I'm the one with least amount of clearance on this trip, but I got more suspension travel than most of the guys making the washboard and whoops a lot more comfortable. You win some you lose some. But that stock PW crested over the hill with enough space to fit my fat butt under. Drooling over that...
I've seriously considered a Tradesman Power wagon. But I'm retired and the interest rates are definitely not cooperating. I don't think my wife would approve either. She's happy with her very comfortable side of my truck.

I've seriously considered a Tradesman Power wagon. But I'm retired and the interest rates are definitely not cooperating. I don't think my wife would approve either. She's happy with her very comfortable side of my truck.
oh yes interest rates are no joke right now BUT if you get it from Mark and some other highly regarded dealers on the forum you can still get good deals. That white one was custom ordered and acquired for about $13k under MSRP, coincidentally, if I added $10k more to my Rebel when I ordered mine that'd put me in a PW spec-ed to me.

but the solid axle front is for sure not as comfy as the IFS on ours though... and the mileage... same distance for both trucks this weekend I got home with 15.5 MPG while the PW only got 13. not sure I'm ready for that

Hooked a trailer to it for the first time. The sst did not disappoint towing almost 5k lbs through the mountains of WV. Will take me a bit to get used to not having an exhaust brake anymore but the brakes and transmission on the 1500 did great!

Attachments

• 20241023_073506.jpg
    20241023_073506.jpg
    377.2 KB · Views: 70
oh yes interest rates are no joke right now BUT if you get it from Mark and some other highly regarded dealers on the forum you can still get good deals. That white one was custom ordered and acquired for about $13k under MSRP, coincidentally, if I added $10k more to my Rebel when I ordered mine that'd put me in a PW spec-ed to me.

but the solid axle front is for sure not as comfy as the IFS on ours though... and the mileage... same distance for both trucks this weekend I got home with 15.5 MPG while the PW only got 13. not sure I'm ready for that
Compared to the 5.7, that's not bad. If I was ever to move up to a power wagon, I would like to think that I would be happy with 35" tires. My Big Horn is running 33.3" tires and averaging around 15.5 mpg's. At our age, I think our little 24' travel trailer will be our last and I think my 1500 does a great job at towing it. I've just never been one of those people that good is good enough. Or maybe it's being retired I get bored easily 🤔

Compared to the 5.7, that's not bad. If I was ever to move up to a power wagon, I would like to think that I would be happy with 35" tires. My Big Horn is running 33.3" tires and averaging around 15.5 mpg's. At our age, I think our little 24' travel trailer will be our last and I think my 1500 does a great job at towing it. I've just never been one of those people that good is good enough. Or maybe it's being retired I get bored easily 🤔
im not retired but im done with the mods and stuff on the truck since I did everything prior to the trip.
now i'm so bored im toying with the idea of adding BD s2 fog light kit and a 20" BD S8 bar between the LP9s... just because I'm bored.

also because i'm so bored i'm toying with the idea of ordering a PW and start over just so i have something to do LOL

im not retired but im done with the mods and stuff on the truck since I did everything prior to the trip.
now i'm so bored im toying with the idea of adding BD s2 fog light kit and a 20" BD S8 bar between the LP9s... just because I'm bored.

also because i'm so bored i'm toying with the idea of ordering a PW and start over just so i have something to do LOL
I'll donate my truck for you to modify to help with your boredom. ;)

Build the Beamer some more! Get into tracking the car etc! The truck is perfect as is

Build the Beamer some more! Get into tracking the car etc! The truck is perfect as is
beamer is built already lol the goal is to build it to be OEM Plus since... E9x is the last good looking M cars from factory (sorry, no offense to F and G M cars but they ugly LOL) and I want to keep it that way.
it's got ohlins road & track full kit, AFE intake, M Performance Exhaust, has the M359 wheels.
wanted to do carbon bits but even though I part time at a carbon fiber parts manufacturer I don't want to put their stuff on lol. OE or bust for me on this and unfortunately... almost 10 years after last model year rolled off assembly line the OE CF bits are really hard to come by. like i want legit BMW M carbon parts from BMW dealers, not from ebay or from china lol

my IG post shortly after I got it:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back