5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Actually yes it does

If I were u I would return what you bought other than the bezels and get the kit so you have the proper brackets to mount them
No it doesn’t, the led bezels that came on my 2024 truck are long thin horizontal openings, for the lights shown in the video you linked and for the lights I ordered you need the non-led bezels. I ordered the same ones as seen in the video.

No it doesn’t, the led bezels that came on my 2024 truck are long thin horizontal openings, for the lights shown in the video you linked and for the lights I ordered you need the non-led bezels. I ordered the same ones as seen in the video.
so like the rebel fog lights?

what truck do you have?

so like the rebel fog lights?

what truck do you have?
I’m in Canada it a 2024 ram 1500 sport, not sure if that’s comparable to the rebel. These are the stock style of bezels.

Attachments

• IMG_3123.png
    IMG_3123.png
    429.1 KB · Views: 36
I’m in Canada it a 2024 ram 1500 sport, not sure if that’s comparable to the rebel. These are the stock style of bezels.
looks close enough to the Rebels.
maybe the rebel fitment will work better but these are designed for slimmer lights like the SSC2. can't fit the cube type.

Getting mine ceramic wax polished again tomorrow.
Dumb sheet owner parked under a pin oak a couple months ago, just 3 hours and it was sap city on every panel. I got most of it off but likely ruined the ceramic wax application.
IDK whose the bigger “sap”, the tree or me. 🙄

The guy in the video @gomango392 has the led housing (horizontal) he ended up buying the kit for the halogen trucks and it comes with the bracket to make it sit flush in against the bezels. In the video he buys the o.e. Bezels and switches from led setup to halogen utilizing the kit. I’ve talked to him personally because I do not like the light out put in the limited (led housing) and he told me the plug/harness is the same for the led and halogen in simple terms it’s plug and play regardless if you have led or halogen from factory.

He is on this forum but I can’t remember his user name to tag him to help shed some light on this.

Last edited:
The guy in the video has the led housing (horizontal) he ended up buying the kit for the halogen trucks and it comes with the bracket to make it sit flush in against the bezels. In the video he buys the o.e. Bezels and switches from led setup to halogen utilizing the kit. I’ve talked to him personally because I do not like the light out put in the limited (led housing) and he told me the plug/harness is the same for the led and halogen in simple terms it’s plug and play regardless if you have led or halogen from factory.

He is on this forum but I can’t remember his user name to tag him to help shed some light on this.

I've been trying to actively help him in his other thread. He has the same lights as an American Sport/Laramie with LED lighting group. It's pretty straightforward. Not sure where things are getting lost in translation.

Dynamic Diodes SS3 Fogs

The guy in the video has the led housing (horizontal) he ended up buying the kit for the halogen trucks and it comes with the bracket to make it sit flush in against the bezels. In the video he buys the o.e. Bezels and switches from led setup to halogen utilizing the kit. I’ve talked to him personally because I do not like the light out put in the limited (led housing) and he told me the plug/harness is the same for the led and halogen in simple terms it’s plug and play regardless if you have led or halogen from factory.

Yes i ordered all the same materials using his part numbers, still waiting on the brackets, but when i put the SS3 lights againt the bezel i get the gaps as in my pictures.

So you still don't have the brackets yet????? Good grief.

Please just wait till you have all the parts before overthinking this. Your other thread has all the information to assemble them.

good grief, I feel like I'm watching a Charlie Brown special, haha. I appreciate your patience, weather is supposed to turn ****ty here so I was trying to do whatever pre work I could while waiting for the brackets, that's when I noticed the potential fitment issue and was just asking if the gap is normal.

On my 2021 Dually, I converted from Halogen to LED. The OEM fog lights are reverse polarity from the halogen and require re-pinning the wires on each side. This may not matter with aftermarket lights that are not polarity sensitive. Also may not be the same for the 1500 as the 3500. Just wanted to mention it here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have been trying to read through all the posts but only half way so far. Read a lot of great posts which has caused me to spend too much money on mods. Decided to try my hand at clay bar and ceramic coating. There is room for improvement but happy with the results.

Attachments

• 20241021_173542.jpg
    20241021_173542.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 62
  • 20241021_173552.jpg
    20241021_173552.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 62
  • 20241021_173344.jpg
    20241021_173344.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 54
I added the TuxMats. I like the coverage they provide, particularly the sidewalls in the front and front edge of the rear. The clips hold it in nice and tight for clean lines. My brother put me onto these and has used them for quite awhile. He says they clean up easier than the Weather Techs.
Did you ever hear back from TuxMat? I ordered these as a gift for my dad who just bought his first new truck, a 2025 Ram 1500. He had Weathertechs that have curled in his 300, so I thought these would be better. I guess we'll see how they fit now that they've shipped.

On my 2021 Dually, I converted from Halogen to LED. The OEM fog lights are reverse polarity from the halogen and require re-pinning the wires on each side. This may not matter with aftermarket lights that are not polarity sensitive. Also may not be the same for the 1500 as the 3500. Just wanted to mention it here.

Dds are polarity sensitive as well.

i mean from what i was told its direct plug and play to switch from halogen to led or to go from led/halogen to ss3's. at least that's what i was told from the "mango tango ram" guy haha

Have been trying to read through all the posts but only half way so far. Read a lot of great posts which has caused me to spend too much money on mods. Decided to try my hand at clay bar and ceramic coating. There is room for improvement but happy with the results.
usually the process is de-con, clay bar, polish or wax, and then apply ceramic coating is that the process u followed?

i mean from what i was told its direct plug and play to switch from halogen to led or to go from led/halogen to ss3's. at least that's what i was told from the "mango tango ram" guy haha

It is quite possible that the HD wiring is different. But I imagine the OEM lights are essentially the same. Just something I would look into if I were going to use something different.

It is quite possible that the HD wiring is different. But I imagine the OEM lights are essentially the same. Just something I would look into if I were going to use something different.

thank you for the suggestion !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back