5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

good grief, I feel like I'm watching a Charlie Brown special, haha. I appreciate your patience, weather is supposed to turn ****ty here so I was trying to do whatever pre work I could while waiting for the brackets, that's when I noticed the potential fitment issue and was just asking if the gap is normal.
im sure once you get the brackets its will sit better if not you can simply use a Dremel to shave off material or a flap disc

usually the process is de-con, clay bar, polish or wax, and then apply ceramic coating is that the process u followed?
De-bugged it and used this Chemical Guys kit, following the steps on the back. Adams Ceramic Spray afterwards. Started yesterday as wanted to have it done and have a chance to sit before it snowed today.
Truck was a new-to-me truck so had few dings/dents/scuffs etc.

Attachments

• 20241021_221549.jpg
    20241021_221549.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 24
  • 20241021_221726.jpg
    20241021_221726.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 24
im sure once you get the brackets its will sit better if not you can simply use a Dremel to shave off material or a flap disc
The bracket only allows you to move the light so far, so that would be a waste of time and effort and ultimately just wind up with a larger gap. Trust me, I literally just installed these a week ago.
1000008431.jpg

I can’t seem to find the brackets I need, when I enter the part numbers I’ve been given they either show as a bad number or give me the LED slit style bracket. The brackets part numbers I’ve been given are 68291441AA(bad number) and 68403915AA(gives new style)

I can’t seem to find the brackets I need, when I enter the part numbers I’ve been given they either show as a bad number or give me the LED slit style bracket. The brackets part numbers I’ve been given are 68291441AA(bad number) and 68403915AA(gives new style)
Every piece of information you need is in your other thread. I'd recommend taking it to a local shop to have them install it. (y)

Every piece of information you need is in your other thread. I'd recommend taking it to a local shop to have them install it. (y)
at this point i'd just get the kit that is made for his truck and call it a day. all these headaches not worth having the truck "look" a certain way when in all honesty the ones with 4 lights will probably perform better due to angles lol

i mean, as much as I do custom builds sometimes it's not the part it's the driver who doesn't get it (nothing negative meant toward rdguindon sometimes that happens) to save everyone's time, i just tell them "parts don't fit. need to get one that is made for the truck. custom work to make them fit will cost more"

Ok I’ll try 1 more time

You need to buy the SS3 kit from diode. Return what ever it is you have and get the full kit from them. The brackets I am referring to are what diode supplies in their kit to fit their pods to attach to the oem beze/location.
IMG_8575.jpeg
IMG_8577.jpeg
IMG_8576.jpeg

The kit is a plug and play kit. It comes with your harness, pods, hardware (nuts&bolts) and the bracket. Again very simple RETURN WHAT YOU HAVE AND GET THE WHOLE SS3 kit!!

Got a spray in bed liner today. This shop did my last 2 trucks and they use to do linex but have switched brands. Supposedley this is better for the $$$. I looked at a few tonneau covers they had while I waited. From the ones they had on display I liked the undercover armor flex the best.

Attachments

• 20241022_150906.jpg
    20241022_150906.jpg
    286.8 KB · Views: 57
  • 20241022_150859.jpg
    20241022_150859.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 57
Ok I’ll try 1 more time

You need to buy the SS3 kit from diode. Return what ever it is you have and get the full kit from them. The brackets I am referring to are what diode supplies in their kit to fit their pods to attach to the oem beze/location.
View attachment 191643
View attachment 191644
View attachment 191645

The kit is a plug and play kit. It comes with your harness, pods, hardware (nuts&bolts) and the bracket. Again very simple RETURN WHAT YOU HAVE AND GET THE WHOLE SS3 kit!!

I posted the exact same thing in his other thread. The kit he ordered has the correct brackets. I feel like we're getting trolled at this point.

Last edited:
at this point i'd just get the kit that is made for his truck and call it a day. all these headaches not worth having the truck "look" a certain way when in all honesty the ones with 4 lights will probably perform better due to angles lol

i mean, as much as I do custom builds sometimes it's not the part it's the driver who doesn't get it (nothing negative meant toward rdguindon sometimes that happens) to save everyone's time, i just tell them "parts don't fit. need to get one that is made for the truck. custom work to make them fit will cost more"

The 2 light kit is definitely an upgrade from the 4 light kit; but yes, if this is that much of an issue, you should most likely just stick with a plug and play option. Or better yet, leave it stock. The factory LED's do fine.

The 2 light kit is definitely an upgrade from the 4 light kit; but yes, if this is that much of an issue, you should most likely just stick with a plug and play option. Or better yet, leave it stock. The factory LED's do fine.
the factory LED does way better job than the halogens. never had a moment on my 50 day 12.7k miles trip that I felt my stock headlights and fog lights were not adequate.
that's why i never bothered to upgrade them on my rebel even though I like to throw the entire BD catalogue on my truck lol

i mean... now that the build's done and the big trip's over there's nothing left to do I might just do it because I'm bored LOL

the factory LED does way better job than the halogens. never had a moment on my 50 day 12.7k miles trip that I felt my stock headlights and fog lights were not adequate.
that's why i never bothered to upgrade them on my rebel even though I like to throw the entire BD catalogue on my truck lol

i mean... now that the build's done and the big trip's over there's nothing left to do I might just do it because I'm bored LOL

100%. The factory led does a great job. I wasn't wowed when I upgraded to the DD pod, and I went with the max version to boot. Is it brighter, yes. Is it night to day brighter, not even close. I would have been disappointed had had I paid full price for them. Keep in mind, you can only do so much with brightness and beam pattern and stay legal for on road use.

I got them when they had them at 20% off or so, and the brackets themselves to change over to the single pod are pretty cheap. I only wish I would have gone amber over the clear for my area. I guess it just gave me a reason to upgrade to the SKT 5 pod kit. :D

went camping with friends. photos from my friends. i barely took out my camera because it's my 3rd time there this year.
DSCF0751.jpgIMG_1536.jpgIMG_1458-Enhanced-NR.jpg
Revisited the spot where I took some product action shots for RCI skid plates.
IMG_1610.jpg
IMG_1617.jpg
... and scraped the fuel tank skid, as usual. I'm the one with least amount of clearance on this trip, but I got more suspension travel than most of the guys making the washboard and whoops a lot more comfortable. You win some you lose some. But that stock PW crested over the hill with enough space to fit my fat butt under. Drooling over that...

went camping with friends. photos from my friends. i barely took out my camera because it's my 3rd time there this year.
View attachment 191648View attachment 191650View attachment 191649
Revisited the spot where I took some product action shots for RCI skid plates.
View attachment 191651
View attachment 191652
... and scraped the fuel tank skid, as usual. I'm the one with least amount of clearance on this trip, but I got more suspension travel than most of the guys making the washboard and whoops a lot more comfortable. You win some you lose some. But that stock PW crested over the hill with enough space to fit my fat butt under. Drooling over that...
I drove over a pebble once, it was by mistake but the RAM made it through.

100%. The factory led does a great job. I wasn't wowed when I upgraded to the DD pod, and I went with the max version to boot. Is it brighter, yes. Is it night to day brighter, not even close. I would have been disappointed had had I paid full price for them. Keep in mind, you can only do so much with brightness and beam pattern and stay legal for on road use.

I got them when they had them at 20% off or so, and the brackets themselves to change over to the single pod are pretty cheap. I only wish I would have gone amber over the clear for my area. I guess it just gave me a reason to upgrade to the SKT 5 pod kit. :D
just swap the lens to amber LOL

there's bright, and then there's usable bright lol brighter isn't always better, and when it comes to SAE legal... that kills most of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back