5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

You can not even tell there was even any paint work was done!

So back in the day, my Dad purchased a new 2004 Ram in Yellow and then shortly there after Ram offered the SRT10 and he had to have the hood! So he order one from Chrysler and had it painted 2 times and it never matched. The Yellow apparently was a difficult color to match.
That sucks, but I could see yellow being hard to match. I've read that reds, yellows, and oranges tend to fade more noticeably than many other paint colors so I wonder if that had something to do with it. Being nervous about the paint and fitment on mine, I opted to leave the entire truck with the shop so they could test fit it as many times as they needed and use it as reference point with matching the paint. Really happy with how it came out. I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

You can not even tell there was even any paint work was done!

So back in the day, my Dad purchased a new 2004 Ram in Yellow and then shortly there after Ram offered the SRT10 and he had to have the hood! So he order one from Chrysler and had it painted 2 times and it never matched. The Yellow apparently was a difficult color to match.

I have had yellow vehicles and matching that color paint can be challenging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the large front hood vent supposed to work with the ram cold air intake?
Not sure if it’s designed to work with that intake, but the vents are functional for air and heat extraction. I’m not super familiar with the Ram cold air intake, but this is what the underside of the hood looks like for reference.

Attachments

• IMG_5148.jpeg
    IMG_5148.jpeg
    74.6 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_5149.jpeg
    IMG_5149.jpeg
    89.7 KB · Views: 78
How did you do your light pods in your lower grill? Did you cut out the grill for each pod?
What pods did you use?
I’m really happy with them. I’ve ran the Rough Country 20” light bar, and the 22” Strands Siberia light bar before switching to these, and I can tell you that the pods blow away both of the light bars I’ve had from a light output standpoint.

I did like the clean, hidden look of the light bars, but these offer a great look as well.

The grille kit was made by @SKT Customs. It is their Strands Siberia version.

Not sure if it’s designed to work with that intake, but the vents are functional for air and heat extraction. I’m not super familiar with the Ram cold air intake, but this is what the underside of the hood looks like for reference.
No way it would work with the RamAir unless you left the top off, which at that point, should have just bought the Vararam and saved $500+

Last edited:
I’m really happy with them. I’ve ran the Rough Country 20” light bar, and the 22” Strands Siberia light bar before switching to these, and I can tell you that the pods blow away both of the light bars I’ve had from a light output standpoint.

I did like the clean, hidden look of the light bars, but these offer a great look as well.

The grille kit was made by @SKT Customs. It is their Strands Siberia version.
Does the kit include grille and light pods?
Or, what light pods did you use.

Does the kit include grille and light pods?
Or, what light pods did you use.
The grille kit will not include the light pods. SKT customs has two different versions available. The standard was optimized for Baja Designs light pods, but will also work with Auxbeam and some of the other similar sized options out there.

The kit I have was designed specifically for Strands Siberia Pods. The Strands pods are a little smaller than a standard 3” cube, so if you go with the Strands kit from SKT Customs, you can only run Strands Siberia QB pods or Strands Siberia RP pods. The only difference between those two pod light versions is the DRL color options. The QBs offer white/amber DRLs and the RPs offer red/amber DRLs. Both have the same bright white combo beam for off-road use.

I am running the Strands Siberia QB pods in mine.

You can order a kit from Vice Designs that includes the lights, harnesses and replacement grille. The grille will come from SKT and the lights/harnesses will come from Vice.

Oil catch-can and fresh set of 275/50 22's Continental TerrainContact AT.

Love those tires! I am also trying to upgrade from the factory 285/45r22s. Never considered the 275/50/22's...How do they ride? Any lose in MPGs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back