5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Another oil change but for the DIYers, Walmart now carries PUP 5W -20 and 5W - 30 for $29.
Theres also a shell $25 rebate for a 10qts or two 5 quart jugs purchase making your cost for two 5qt jugs almost half price.

View attachment 189340

Thanks for the savings I picked up 2 jugs of oil and a filter for next change.

Installed a roar pedal. Set the pedal travel in run ignition position, even tho the manual called for accessory. Bluetooth cuts off in a few seconds in acc. Should still be okay. Drove and change’s the ramp; we’ll wait to see on pavement if it cuts out the HSL (heart stopping lag).

Guess you didn't quite read everything I posted.
Genius advice....appreciate it
He was making a joke, there’s a lot of that on this forum. Most of the jokes have a basis of truth, so you might consider reading between the lines sometimes.

Looking at your sig, I’m guessing you have a 26 or 33 gallon tank, and I think we can all safely say that a new muffler won’t cause you to burn 6+ gallons of gas in 30 miles. Is it possible that there was some packing or something inside the muffler that is now causing a restriction?

He was making a joke, there’s a lot of that on this forum. Most of the jokes have a basis of truth, so you might consider reading between the lines sometimes.

Looking at your sig, I’m guessing you have a 26 or 33 gallon tank, and I think we can all safely say that a new muffler won’t cause you to burn 6+ gallons of gas in 30 miles. Is it possible that there was some packing or something inside the muffler that is now causing a restriction?
Figured that, this forum is no different than the rest of them. I understood his meaning, but as I stated I wasn't putting my foot into it.

I have a 26 gallon, wish I had the 33, but buying used can't always get what you want. I agree with you 100%. However, it doesn't explain the loss in mileage. It's now Tuesday and I'm at a half tank. I purposely since Monday afternoon set the cruise to 75mph to stay somewhat consistent on the highway. At this rate I won't make it until the end of the week on a tank of fuel.

No sir, I checked the muffler and the resonator deletes to make sure they were clear before I installed them. I'm a bit puzzled over it and frustrated, because it doesn't make any sense.

Figured that, this forum is no different than the rest of them. I understood his meaning, but as I stated I wasn't putting my foot into it.

I have a 26 gallon, wish I had the 33, but buying used can't always get what you want. I agree with you 100%. However, it doesn't explain the loss in mileage. It's now Tuesday and I'm at a half tank. I purposely since Monday afternoon set the cruise to 75mph to stay somewhat consistent on the highway. At this rate I won't make it until the end of the week on a tank of fuel.

No sir, I checked the muffler and the resonator deletes to make sure they were clear before I installed them. I'm a bit puzzled over it and frustrated, because it doesn't make any sense.
In all seriousness, I did miss that you were new the forum, and it's annoying when smartasses like me don't just give you the desired answer.
So typically you'd wait until the pump to hand calc as the dash reading is highly variable, as you probably know. So assuming the mileage dropped significantly & given the recent exhaust work, the next logical place to look is for an exhaust leak - with the loud exhaust you might not hear it as readily. But, even this I wouldn't expect to affect mileage significantly unless the leak was ahead of the Cats.

Other possibility is O2 sensors damaged?

Was any of the work remotely involving the Cats, such as loosening the downpipes, etc.?

Was this truck recently purchased (e.g. maybe other problem exists and the timing of it's appearance & muffler swap is merely coincidental).

Last thing I'd do is scan for stored or soft codes which could reveal something like CAT inefficiency etc.

got to Alberta with the truck
IMG_0480.jpg
Saw some amazing sunset thanks to the haze from wild fire
IMG_0526.jpg
and camped at a private ranch in the middle of nowhere.
IMG_0530.jpg
If you're ever near Edmunton area in Alberta, spend a night at Go Hard Ranch (where I camped at). That was the best ranch campground I've stayed at in my life. Look it up!

my trip A mileage reset itself today.
I had it in KM as I'm in Canada now, but I know I was approaching 10K on trip A.
My guess is it resets itself at 10K miles? Anyone seen that?

Engine hours and MPG for trip A weren't affected, only mileage.
engine hours reset at 100hr and start again. That part I know.

Someone else is enjoying your gas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back