5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

View attachment 189417Installed stars in my dash and wrapped it with Alcantara. Almost done with the final bits of my interior truck 🙏 next are the doors and then I’ll be done with my stars. Performance mods left are some headers. So far I got the 6.4 manifold with high flow cats a cold air intake a tune and with my 35s on it feels so good. Catches grip and is way quicker than stock. Wish I had the 3.92 gears for a bit more torque feeling but I love this truck. Have 93 thousand miles on it in 3 years and no issues at all.
You know I gotta say it.... That's an awful lot of work for a 3.21 truck. Should have saved you pennies and saved your dimes for that 3.92. Yea, I know. It doesn't flow like the Beach Boys but you don't have an option for a 409.

I installed the Kufu drawer system in the 18” and 7” heights. They also offer a 11” system, which can stack on top of the 7”.

Installation took several hours, drilling several holes in the bed, and a bit of improvisation. But once installed, the drawers and be individually removed from the mounting platform, when I need more room in the bed.

I plan on making a slide out camp kitchen out of the more shallow drawer.

The drawers extend fully, and include lights powered by included USB power banks.

They are not light, though. I think I determined the entire setup weighs about 360 lbs, leaving me with about 12 ounces of payload after my rack, retractable, and rooftop tent. Fortunately, I had already upgraded my rear springs. Rear height lost about an inch after installing the drawers. Still plenty of rake.

Just finished installing this afternoon, but so far, I’m really impressed with them.

Half off at Altitude Industries in Colorado. Shipping to Atlanta was $450., but they also had a $500 off coupon at the time I ordered; I’m not sure if that is still active.

IMG_0621.jpegIMG_0622.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0626.jpeg
    IMG_0626.jpeg
    230.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0624.jpeg
    IMG_0624.jpeg
    211.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0634.jpeg
    IMG_0634.jpeg
    180.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0628.jpeg
    IMG_0628.jpeg
    311.9 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0623.jpeg
    IMG_0623.jpeg
    238 KB · Views: 23
Installed Seat Jackers to provide a little more leg support.

This popped up on a FB Forum. FYI, nothing listed yet as a TSB but likely coming down the pipe.
View attachment 189444
Take a look at this post. There has been some discussions about it.

Take a look at this post. There has been some discussions about it.

Didn’t see it. I don’t usually follow the general discussion thread. Thanks!

Hey all, new to the forum. Thought I'd start out with what I did over the weekend. Installed a Flowmaster Outlaw muffler & Flowmaster resonator delete kit with 4.5" black tips. WOW, it sounds freaking amazing! Couldn't believe how much of a sound difference it made. Drove it to work today which is primarily all highway, sounded really good and still decently quiet in the cab. Well, that's the good news. The bad news is mileage seems to have gone down. The truck had a full tank of fuel and I drive roughly 30 miles to work, doing 75-78mph. I was down 1/4 tank by the time I got to work. It's never done that before. I can go the entire work week on a tank of fuel. As it stands right now, that is not going to happen. (Side note, my foot was not in it, even though it was tempting with the new sound). Any thoughts?

Hey all, new to the forum. Thought I'd start out with what I did over the weekend. Installed a Flowmaster Outlaw muffler & Flowmaster resonator delete kit with 4.5" black tips. WOW, it sounds freaking amazing! Couldn't believe how much of a sound difference it made. Drove it to work today which is primarily all highway, sounded really good and still decently quiet in the cab. Well, that's the good news. The bad news is mileage seems to have gone down. The truck had a full tank of fuel and I drive roughly 30 miles to work, doing 75-78mph. I was down 1/4 tank by the time I got to work. It's never done that before. I can go the entire work week on a tank of fuel. As it stands right now, that is not going to happen. (Side note, my foot was not in it, even though it was tempting with the new sound). Any thoughts?
Shouldn't have a negative affect. I have the same muffler and haven't noticed a negative. Other than I live in the salt belt and the muffler isn't holding up to the elements. Whatever is next will be something stainless.

The new sound is good.
You like the new sound.
You press button on floor to make good sound happen more often.
MPG will normalize when novelty gone.

The new sound is good.
You like the new sound.
You press button on floor to make good sound happen more often.
MPG will normalize when novelty gone.
Guess you didn't quite read everything I posted.
Genius advice....appreciate it

Need pics of the beater!
I'll get some soon. I have to Redneck it up a little more first.

I have to get it by the shop this week to fix a rusted out section of the frame by the rear shock. Didn't notice that until I cut the cable holding the spare and hiding everything. 😅

I have it running strong and took the bed off this week for the frame and to build a scrap lumber bed!

I'll get some soon. I have to Redneck it up a little more first.

I have to get it by the shop this week to fix a rusted out section of the frame by the rear shock. Didn't notice that until I cut the cable holding the spare and hiding everything. 😅

I have it running strong and took the bed off this week for the frame and to build a scrap lumber bed!
I would say I’m jealous but I’m not 😂

I totally get having a beater if it’s not a daily driver and just something you have fun/work with but if you chose that over the comfort of a 5th gen for a DD there’s some words to describe that.

I would say I’m jealous but I’m not 😂

I totally get having a beater if it’s not a daily driver and just something you have fun/work with but if you chose that over the comfort of a 5th gen for a DD there’s some words to describe that.
My daily is a Lincoln Town car. I thought my Ram was fast, then I got my 300 SRT8 6.4 and realized how meek the little 5.7 is.

So I have a roomy and comfortable daily, a fun street and track car, a beater truck, a Harley for fun in the sun. Now I need to get my chopper back on the road and freak my guys out by driving a different vehicle each day of the week.

I am surprised I actually let go of the Ram. I kind of have problems letting go of vehicles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back