5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Detailing products are kind of like tires, and oil, and exhaust. Everyone has their favorite, and it's all pretty subjective.

I was thinking the same. But some truly are crapola.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking the same. But some truly are crapola.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes they are. I like most chemical guys products I have used, but don't like their interior detailer. It leaves streaky look if not buffed out with clean cloth. I prefer Mother's VLR for interior plastics/vinyl

Yes they are. I like most chemical guys products I have used, but don't like their interior detailer. It leaves streaky look if not buffed out with clean cloth. I prefer Mother's VLR for interior plastics/vinyl
My favorite things from CG is their tire dressing spray, the microfiber towels (inexpensive) and accessories like wash buckets etc again just price point is more realistic for my budget

I've got some ceramic detailer from Walmart called black magic or something. Was clearanced to $3 a bottle so I bought a ton. May not be as good as the other guys but even if I use it twice as often I'm coming out ahead. Leaves the paint slicker than owl crap so I reckon we doing alright.

Sold it. Bought a beater that I can treat like a truck.
I use my truck like a truck. Dump runs, hauling yard waste to the recyle yard. Towing our travel trailer. It's been awhile since I cleaned real good. Hell, I've even got some ants roaming around inside. I don't spend money on making it pretty, it's a truck. I still prefer to be comfortable in a nice Ram 1500.

I use my truck like a truck. Dump runs, hauling yard waste to the recyle yard. Towing our travel trailer. It's been awhile since I cleaned real good. Hell, I've even got some ants roaming around inside. I don't spend money on making it pretty, it's a truck. I still prefer to be comfortable in a nice Ram 1500.
Yea, I realized when I didn't want to scratch it up going to our range in the woods, that it was a pretty-boy truck. Bought a POS and throwing a wood bed on it. That extra $18k looks nice in my savings account!

Yea, I realized when I didn't want to scratch it up going to our range in the woods, that it was a pretty-boy truck. Bought a POS and throwing a wood bed on it. That extra $18k looks nice in my savings account!
I use mine as a truck, and also keep it looking nice at the same time. Went from this
PXL_20240901_184621084.MP.jpg

To this in less than four hours
PXL_20240902_010308464.jpg

You can have fun and enjoy it, and also take a little time to keep it looking nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back