5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Back home safe after a good 2 days of riding. It's been 4 5 years since I rode last and my last bike tried to kill me every chance it could. 48 miles over 2 days at a slow but sporty enjoyable pace in tight trails. There was a lot of sand so you have to be on throttle to not get squirrelly. You don't have to be pinned to the wood but just enough to keep power and it will go straight.

I did about tip over once but headbutting a tree stopped that. It was a super dry and loose deep sand up hill I was beyond throttle out as I was about to stall going so slow. So I shut it down but then started to tip over. Bike still running clutch in hand on the brake right foot trying to stop the tip over into a tree. I used my head to fully stop the tip so I could get into neutral and left foot out and regain balance. Sad new, very expensive, helmet is scratched but that's the worst of it. Last 2 times I rode I messed up my ankle and right wrist and they both still bother me today.

I'm tired and sore but in a good way. Lot of pent up what ever released this weekend.

1000020464.jpg1000020465.jpg

Back home safe after a good 2 days of riding. It's been 4 5 years since I rode last and my last bike tried to kill me every chance it could. 48 miles over 2 days at a slow but sporty enjoyable pace in tight trails. There was a lot of sand so you have to be on throttle to not get squirrelly. You don't have to be pinned to the wood but just enough to keep power and it will go straight.

I did about tip over once but headbutting a tree stopped that. It was a super dry and loose deep sand up hill I was beyond throttle out as I was about to stall going so slow. So I shut it down but then started to tip over. Bike still running clutch in hand on the brake right foot trying to stop the tip over into a tree. I used my head to fully stop the tip so I could get into neutral and left foot out and regain balance. Sad new, very expensive, helmet is scratched but that's the worst of it. Last 2 times I rode I messed up my ankle and right wrist and they both still bother me today.

I'm tired and sore but in a good way. Lot of pent up what ever released this weekend.

View attachment 189014View attachment 189015

My dirt bike riding days are some of my best. Nothing like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got it dirty because she's a dirty girl. Have the Bilstien 5100s a work out. Will try and get some photos and videos of the FitcamX later to upload this is a local acreage a guy has built trails on and opened it up to the public to play on. Just asks for a free will donations to help him with costs involved in keeping the trails good and making new ones.

This is first arriving and waiting for more guys from Nebraska RAM Club to show up.
PXL_20240901_153740095.jpg
Only had five guys show up, and only three of us played on the trials with our Rams. One of thenkther guys brought his SxS
PXL_20240901_165401388.jpg

Little articulation action. Sway bars still connected.
PXL_20240901_175829689.jpgPXL_20240901_175843021.jpgPXL_20240901_175856987.jpgPXL_20240901_175907048.jpg

And the end result of the day. There was a mud hole out there to play in, which is how it got so dirty. A group of Jeeps showed up a couple hours after we got there. Two of the jeeps got stuck in the mud. I went through it four times and never got stuck. PXL_20240901_184621084.MP.jpgPXL_20240901_210557423.jpg

Hit a touch free car wash on the way home to knock the heavy stuff off.PXL_20240901_204440384.jpg

2 days ago -
My Ram and I:
IMG_9354.jpg
Got to Tuk first.
IMG_9359.jpgIMG_9371.jpg
Got to end of the road.
IMG_9421.jpg
Got to end of Trans Canada Highway.
IMG_9474.jpg
And saw Northern Light for the first time.

As usual, details of the day in my build thread.

Attachments

• IMG_9470.jpg
    IMG_9470.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 12
I mean, I have tweaked a few body parts. But it was worth it.

My biking days were over many years ago.
Had a flat tire (rear) on the highway doing 75mph and 2 weeks later a drunk driver ran a red light and turned in front of me and I T-boned him.
Got the bike fixed and sold it.
I counted my blessings and figured I was lucky enough and wasn’t going for the Trifecta or 3rd strike!

Got set of new Bridgestone Dueler A/T Ascent 285/45R22 tires to replace the stock Goodyear Eagle racing slicks. So far they are excellent not to mention quiet on highway. Firestone dealer said I was the first customer to order this new tire...guess I'm the guinea pig
View attachment 188460
Those tires looks great and are what I’m seriously considering when I replace my factory Wildpeaks before winter. Any more pics ? What’s your initial thoughts ?

My biking days were over many years ago.
Had a flat tire (rear) on the highway doing 75mph and 2 weeks later a drunk driver ran a red light and turned in front of me and I T-boned him.
Got the bike fixed and sold it.
I counted my blessings and figured I was lucky enough and wasn’t going for the Trifecta or 3rd strike!

I haven’t had a dirt bike in years. I also sold my street bike because of the other idiots on the road. Just lost its luster after almost being run down so many times. I should mention that this was also when I lived in Florida. Worst drivers ever down there.

The Northern lights are great to see in person and all, but like, where are all the steaks???🥩
didn't bring steak cross the border and didn't have chance to buy after crossing from Top of the World. Paid for hot meal at Eagle Plains and Inuvik and then Korean instant noodles lol
I had so many steaks now i see korean instant noodles as gourmet stuff :ROFLMAO:

2 days ago -
Missed the ferry by 30 seconds because I had to pee.
IMG_9512.jpg
Saw snow on the mountain pass
IMG_9550.jpg
Went through the pass and collected fall colors.
IMG_9636.jpg
Then, I made up for the missing Arctic Circle Sign picture
IMG_9650.jpg
Then, camped at Eagle Plains because hotel was sold out. Couldn't cheat even when I was screaming "take my money!"
IMG_9668.jpg

As usual, more in my build thread.

Got it dirty because she's a dirty girl. Have the Bilstien 5100s a work out. Will try and get some photos and videos of the FitcamX later to upload this is a local acreage a guy has built trails on and opened it up to the public to play on. Just asks for a free will donations to help him with costs involved in keeping the trails good and making new ones.

This is first arriving and waiting for more guys from Nebraska RAM Club to show up.
View attachment 189025
Only had five guys show up, and only three of us played on the trials with our Rams. One of thenkther guys brought his SxS
View attachment 189026

Little articulation action. Sway bars still connected.
View attachment 189027View attachment 189028View attachment 189029View attachment 189030

And the end result of the day. There was a mud hole out there to play in, which is how it got so dirty. A group of Jeeps showed up a couple hours after we got there. Two of the jeeps got stuck in the mud. I went through it four times and never got stuck. View attachment 189031View attachment 189032

Hit a touch free car wash on the way home to knock the heavy stuff off.View attachment 189033
...guess those AT's make good mudders! Did your 35's rub in any of those situations?

Put her to work over the weekend, had some trees cut around the house, 3 days with a chainsaw, 27 loads of brush to the field for burning and numerous loader buckets of firewood taken to the pond for splitting later. A few more pinstripes, not trail earned, but earned nonetheless
brush2.jpgbrush1.jpg.

IMG_2553.jpeg
got one of those dog sling covers from knine. Fits well, well secured. Made for Ram as far as the split seat goes too. Has mesh where the AC vents are. My little pup still goes back there but in a crate (for now).

74614181030__9B80C0C0-BDB0-45C4-A99C-8E764F83C583.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back