5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

3 days ago - delayed due to no clear line of sight for starlink
Got out of Dempster Highway
IMG_9755.jpg
Save a bear from being ran over by semi truck.
IMG_9778.jpg
Went crawling in a dried creek.
IMG_9807.jpg
Passed by Tombstone Park on the way out and collected my Tombstone sign picture.

as usual, details in my build thread.

Harper. Mini Australian Shepherd , thanks.

Installed the cargo max HD rear springs today.

Part # 351-891HD

The install was a little bit more of a pain than I would’ve liked in my driveway. But I took my time and got it done. I’m just glad I had spring compressors for when I used to do lifts on my jeeps. I ended up using the spring compressors to shrink the spring just enough to get it out without hitting anything or having to use a prybar.

The truck measured 38in to 38 1/4in stock and measures just under 39 inches with the cargo springs. I anticipate them to settle a little bit and end up just about at the stock ride height.

Test drive after the install and the springs ride just like stock. They still have the same plush ride as normal going down the pavement. A little stiffer over bumps, but the springs combined with the Hellwig swaybar (set to middle hole) and the truck feel dramatically better when turning.

I also kept the HD airlift bags and put them in the cargo max springs. I’m hoping to never have to even inflate them, but figured I had them and it would be easier to just do it now then to have to backtrack and do it again later.

We’ll see how it feels once I get some weight in the bed or can hook up my trailer.

IMG_4329.jpeg

IMG_4331.jpeg

Installed the cargo max HD rear springs today.

Part # 351-891HD

The install was a little bit more of a pain than I would’ve liked in my driveway. But I took my time and got it done. I’m just glad I had spring compressors for when I used to do lifts on my jeeps. I ended up using the spring compressors to shrink the spring just enough to get it out without hitting anything or having to use a prybar.

The truck measured 38in to 38 1/4in stock and measures just under 39 inches with the cargo springs. I anticipate them to settle a little bit and end up just about at the stock ride height.

Test drive after the install and the springs ride just like stock. They still have the same plush ride as normal going down the pavement. A little stiffer over bumps, but the springs combined with the Hellwig swaybar (set to middle hole) and the truck feel dramatically better when turning.

I also kept the HD airlift bags and put them in the cargo max springs. I’m hoping to never have to even inflate them, but figured I had them and it would be easier to just do it now then to have to backtrack and do it again later.

We’ll see how it feels once I get some weight in the bed or can hook up my trailer.

View attachment 189230

View attachment 189231
I have done some research on these and the claim is that the HD models always add +1 inch in height. I have not verified that with the manufacturer as it's hard to find data directly from them. Their website sucks TBH. I am considering these heavily.

I have done some research on these and the claim is that the HD models always add +1 inch in height. I have not verified that with the manufacturer as it's hard to find data directly from them. Their website sucks TBH. I am considering these heavily.

Not trying to get too off topic,but I found a video on YouTube where they installed all 5 sets available from the manufacturer. The two models made specifically for 5th Gen’s both raised the rear 1.5”.

I posted this in a thread here for Cargomaxx springs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The video from simcoe is great, made me finally pull the trigger. The only thing I wish I realized is the chart in the video is for a ram with the off-road package. So I actually have a set of the 351–893’s sitting in my house that I will likely be returning.

Even if I get a little bit of lift out of these, it will be less than an inch at most which I’m fine with as long as they handle the camper weight a little better than the stock ones.

IMG_4333.png

The video from simcoe is great, made me finally pull the trigger. The only thing I wish I realized is the chart in the video is for a ram with the off-road package. So I actually have a set of the 351–893’s sitting in my house that I will likely be returning.

Even if I get a little bit of lift out of these, it will be less than an inch at most which I’m fine with as long as they handle the camper weight a little better than the stock ones.

View attachment 189236

Now I am concerned as to what to do. I don’t have the off-road suspension as far as I can tell. But I didn’t know I had GT resonators either. lol.

Stock suspension with 33s is right at 39” height. Which means about 38.5” with the stock tire size. Anyway, I don’t want to use this thread for this discussion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 189201
got one of those dog sling covers from knine. Fits well, well secured. Made for Ram as far as the split seat goes too. Has mesh where the AC vents are. My little pup still goes back there but in a crate (for now).

View attachment 189202

I use one of those slings in one of my cars, but for my truck, I built a platform and use a dog bed on it. Ingrid loves it.

Attachments

• 20220629_114020.jpg
    20220629_114020.jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 62
  • 20220629_114227.jpg
    20220629_114227.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 59
  • 20220629_114428.jpg
    20220629_114428.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 59
  • 20220923_120509.jpg
    20220923_120509.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 59
  • 20220923_120525.jpg
    20220923_120525.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 60
iwas on the way to work and wanted to do it there, so Walmart is why I got CG. It left a very slick finish. I usually use Ceramic PRO but hate ordering online. I think auto zone may carry griots ? Thanks.

iwas on the way to work and wanted to do it there, so Walmart is why I got CG. I usually use Ceramic PRO but hate ordering online. I think auto zone may carry griots ? Thanks.
I know orielys does I don’t shop at autozone or advance.

I need to use up my CG stuff and try some other stuffs. I have seen that Griots I want to try it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back