5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Exchanged my oe front struts for a set of ORG struts I bought from a member here. Always felt that this Ram sat too low in the front, I’m quite pleased with the additional height now. Truck doesn’t actually ride any different, which was somewhat of a surprise.

Kudos to @Waterfowler41 for a piece of advice on one of his posts, disconnecting both lower stab links before I started seemed to contribute to smooth removal and installation.
View attachment 171634 View attachment 171636 View attachment 171637
What's with all the bungee cords?

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
What's with all the bungee cords?
Basically wasn't sure which way anything was going to go when disassembled, so I went heavy on the bungees when I started. By the time I got to the other side I knew what to expect and didn't need them all. They did serve an an extra set of hands at times so that was beneficial.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Basically wasn't sure which way anything was going to go when disassembled, so I went heavy on the bungees when I started. By the time I got to the other side I knew what to expect and didn't need them all. They did serve an an extra set of hands at times so that was beneficial.
Good call! Better safe than sorry. I pulled the axel bolt so if it did drop too much it wouldn’t pull out the axel.

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Morning commute intersected with a deer. :confused:

Did not turn out well for me or the deer. :cautious:

View attachment 171432
View attachment 171433
The engine light and the Windshield washer fluid light both came on the next time I cranked the truck.
The buck got his antlers into the AC condenser as well as the washer fluid reservoir.
He also took out the grill shutters which caused the engine light to come on the dash.
4E031815-0603-48DB-BEF6-FE7C73E65CD1.jpeg

CogitoErgoLevo

Reaction score
I like that about my Limited. With the OEM air bags, It lowers down into “Aero” mode (squats) at 60mph and in theory, saves $$$.
Stellantis claims a whopping 2% mpg reduction in aero mode compared to regular mode(insert giggles here). That 2% applies to speeds above 60mph. Under 60mph, it's even less.
It only lowers the truck by 1/2 inch anyway.

Last edited:

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Stellantis claims a whopping 2% mpg reduction in aero mode compared to regular mode(insert giggles here). That 2% applies to speeds above 60mph. Under 60mph, it's even less.

Those %'s add up

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Well heck, then my 2/4 drop must be getting me at least 5%.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And since we're dealing in corporate math here...

I was going to lift my truck, which would have a given me a loss of >5%, but I didn lift yet, so that's a >5% gain for the year, right?

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And since we're dealing in corporate math here...

I was going to lift my truck, which would have a given me a loss of >5%, but I didn lift yet, so that's a >5% gain for the year, right?
But you're only gaining on the future while running at a present loss, based on what was possible historically. 😁

Last edited:

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I see math wasn’t too popular with some. LOL
Shoulda paid more attention during the guzinta’s and divide-by‘s classes.🤪

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wow finally after almost 3months,finished up my mod on "HydroDip"🥵🥵as i did earlier on my hood louvers.had to do it myself.not one person in my area wanted to do it for me..so as before i had to try and do it myself🥺😢.these are the interior parts

Attachments

• 20231126_183410_InPixio.jpg
    20231126_183410_InPixio.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 125
  • 20231126_183432_InPixio.jpg
    20231126_183432_InPixio.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 127

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Wow finally after almost 3months,finished up my mod on "HydroDip"🥵🥵as i did earlier on my hood louvers.had to do it myself.not one person in my area wanted to do it for me..so as before i had to try and do it myself🥺😢.these are the interior parts
There used to be a couple local shops by me that did hydropips. One was a friend. They have all stopped doing it because of the huge increase in material cost, and low demand. It just wasn't worth their time, and most customers didnt want to pay the prices they had to charge, even just to break even.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are you going for the “murder scene” interior design look?🤣🤣. That’s bad@$$.

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There used to be a couple local shops by me that did hydropips. One was a friend. They have all stopped doing it because of the huge increase in material cost, and low demand. It just wasn't worth their time, and most customers didnt want to pay the prices they had to charge, even just to break even.
yeah maybe your right..its why i had to do it myself for that reason.i would not do it though for others :cry:

Morenar

Reaction score
Took advantage of BDS Black Friday sale and picked up a 6 in PE coilover kit to replace my Readylift 3.5. I’ll be selling that kit after it comes off. Have replacement bushing and ball joints from readylift for both sides that would need be replaced . So it well practically be a new kit. Will post it on the forum for sale after it’s removed.

Users who are viewing this thread