5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What tires do you have on your truck? Do you like how they handle the snow? I'm pretty close to needing tires but want something that can handle traction in the snow.
They're yokohama geolander mud terrains. We haven't had a lot of snow here this winter (abnormally low), but what we have gotten has been handled with ease. Also handles mud just fine too. I will say though, they are very aggressive, so that translates to a lower mpg and quite a bit of road noise. Neither really bother me since I don't drive it daily. I live in a pretty rural area and I have other vehicles so it may impact others differently. If I had a long daily commute on the interstate, I wouldn't go nearly as aggressive.

j2ttu

Reaction score
Weather was okay so I got around to installing my Dark Dune front brackets and my Amazon special pod lights with amber DRL. They match well with my Rough country black series light bar.

Right now they are connected to my switchpanel for power, but I'd like to find another switched ign source in the hood fuse panel OR tap a relay for the headlight side markers.

Attachments

• PXL_20230128_225009894.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230128_225009894.MP.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 132
  • PXL_20230129_024934064.jpg
    PXL_20230129_024934064.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 133

Kumba1010

Reaction score
Weather was okay so I got around to installing my Dark Dune front brackets and my Amazon special pod lights with amber DRL. They match well with my Rough country black series light bar.

Right now they are connected to my switchpanel for power, but I'd like to find another switched ign source in the hood fuse panel OR tap a relay for the headlight side markers.
Looks cool. (y)

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone ever had the simulated plastic vent pieces painted to match the truck? I have a white Laramie with it and think it would look pretty slick.

Somebody did… seen it on custom offset.. not my truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would probably would have done it differently. I'm interested in doing it, but might wait to see if they will tweak the design to work with factory skid plates
your idea of cutting the lip from the factory skid plate so that the skeerdy plate could seat under it was my 1st option but unexpected out of town visit and I only had so many minutes to finish so I wasn't gonna have time to make a run to home depot to get a new grinder's blade/disc and some new drill bits for metal.
Hard to tell if I was gonna have time next week, then super bowl weekend so I just went for it the way I did and figure I could revisit weeks later
lol I am gonna reach out to skeerdy cat after the fact to see what their installation suggestion was for people with factory skid plates

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not bad especially for the price. I might wait a little longer and see if [mention]Shifts And Grins Fab [/mention]is going to come up with his own and even better if the skid plate doesn’t need to be modified.

yea I think its cost friendly, there was another company that @bigdoge mentioned a while back, can't remember the name but I do think their cost will be more.
feels like product for our trucks is always slow to come out, considering its being what now 4 years since the 5gen has been on the market

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I figured out where I'm going to mount my rock lights. Need to go find some L brackets and/or flat bar.

The roads are pretty nasty, especially the twisty road up the hill, but Amazon delivered my lights about an hour ago.

20230130_212329.jpg

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I figured out where I'm going to mount my rock lights. Need to go find some L brackets and/or flat bar.

The roads are pretty nasty, especially the twisty road up the hill, but Amazon delivered my lights about an hour ago.

View attachment 150307
i don't think that's how rock lights work!

Just kidding :ROFLMAO:
but it's always good to test those china lights and electrical stuff first before doing install. learned it the hard way lol

broman66

Reaction score
They're yokohama geolander mud terrains. We haven't had a lot of snow here this winter (abnormally low), but what we have gotten has been handled with ease. Also handles mud just fine too. I will say though, they are very aggressive, so that translates to a lower mpg and quite a bit of road noise. Neither really bother me since I don't drive it daily. I live in a pretty rural area and I have other vehicles so it may impact others differently. If I had a long daily commute on the interstate, I wouldn't go nearly as aggressive.
Wow, thank you for the feedback. You addressed all my thoughts/questions/concerns. Very much appreciated. I like the look of aggressive tires, but the noise for the commute is also a concern.

cunnsco

Reaction score
Somebody did… seen it on custom offset.. not my truck

I like it. Mine is Stormtrooper looking white and I think it'd look pretty legit.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not bad especially for the price. I might wait a little longer and see if [mention]Shifts And Grins Fab [/mention]is going to come up with his own and even better if the skid plate doesn’t need to be modified.

As per Kent @Skeerdy Cat, he was already working on a model with the factory skid plates and should be available this week.
No modifications would be needed. I am expecting a picture from him but thinking it will have a cut out already, similar to what they do on their raptor skid plate. Here is a pic for reference
1675208442476.png

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Almost at 30,000 miles so I ordered some goodies for the truck. nothing sexy but good stuff.

1. Engine Oil (Motul)
  2. Mopar Oil & Diesel fuel filter
  3. Mopar Air Filter
  4. Mopar cabin air filter
  5. Ravenol Transfer Case Fluid BW44
  6. Ravenol Gear Oil SLS 75W-140 GL-5 (3.92 rear Dif)
  7. Ravenol Gear Oil DGL 75w85 GL-5 (front dif)
I haven't checked the dif / transfer case fluid fill levels yet and I figure with quite a bit of towing in the great white north, it's cheap insurance to just replace the fluids. I'll end up doing the ZF Transmission fluid at 50,000 miles.

Photo of the truck taken yesterday:
yAZZJrS.jpeg

Last edited:

Ram-a-Kin

Reaction score
As per Kent @Skeerdy Cat, he was already working on a model with the factory skid plates and should be available this week.
No modifications would be needed. I am expecting a picture from him but thinking it will have a cut out already, similar to what they do on their raptor skid plate. Here is a pic for reference
I didn’t see any install instructions for Ram on their website. How difficult is it to install?

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, I 3D printed my first bracket to mount my front rock lights and then found a better, slightly more protected spot. Gotta start over.

Also, my wife just ordered a new rooftop tent and is getting anxious about me doing something other than the unistrut I'm using now, so we can put the tonneau back. I was about to buy some Billiebars, but for about $500 more I can get the Syneticusa cover with cross bars. I know there are a few guys here with it. Haven't seen anyone unhappy...

I figure my wife is wanting to mod my truck, who am I to get in her way...

SmartSelect_20230201_083225_Gallery.jpg

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I didn’t see any install instructions for Ram on their website. How difficult is it to install?
they don't provide instructions unfortunately but super easy.
check out the video I posted on page 1535 - post # 30697
If you don't have the factory skid plates it will be easier all you need is a 19mm socket, the rest of the hardware is provided.
If you have the factory skid plates, a new design will be ready in the next couple of days so that no alterations will be needed

Users who are viewing this thread