5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That's one of the things that makes the TRX so quick off the line. It's full-time 4wd, so it's practically impossible to burn out.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Been there done that with my cammed 4th gen. I’ll throw some stock 18s with a slick or radial on this truck and I’ll be good to go.

Nice man!! Looking forward to seeing your outcomes. You could be revolutionizing with the Hemi here what a lot of folks have done so easily with the LS platform. Very cool!

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I actually tried a dragy run yesterday. Traction is now a big big issue. Just spun the first 3 gears even feathering the throttle. 60ft time definitely show how bad my traction was. Going to get a tire setup for the rear and try again.
Wow - looks like a little traction would go a looong way. Looking forward to see what you can do when it hooks up

Handycraftman

Reaction score
Today I made brackets to replace the factory ones. Those plates that sell don't work, I'm an engineer and I'm telling you exactly that. Do not pay attention to the protruding part, it will be bent and an arc will stand on it.

Attachments

• 5997F613-6CEE-432C-974F-EA1A4B90374D.jpeg
    5997F613-6CEE-432C-974F-EA1A4B90374D.jpeg
    177.4 KB · Views: 162
  • 19C83179-80C4-4B26-A79C-26DB7F7B3659.jpeg
    19C83179-80C4-4B26-A79C-26DB7F7B3659.jpeg
    174.5 KB · Views: 162

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
Hauled our new puppers for some treats and beers after her first vet appointment

4bbed92f505e19d00333046a7fb949a7.jpg

1074b81ecc20bf5c17d47c8aabc75876.jpg

3b9747df946c4b80810433a1a43f8693.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BowDown

Reaction score
Took it to the dealer for an alignment.

They tried to upsale me on $1000 of bullsh**

Cabin and Air filters are washable and both have been in the last 6 months.
The diff fluid was changed 9 months ago and the brake fluid is fine and even if it's not, I have a Motive power brake bleed system and an air compressor powered fluid extractor both of which can power bleed the brakes.

And they wonder why people call them stealerships

Screenshot_20230204_092627_Chrome.jpg

I just looked at the service writer and said no. He then tried to explain why these were necessary to which I told him, not on a 50k mile truck

BowDown

Reaction score
And now the stupid mother ******* give me the truck back with the steering wheel off-center by about 3° to the right.

Was perfectly centered when it went in. A while back some of you asked why I serviced the drive shaft myself instead of letting the dealer do it, because of sh** like this :mad:(n)

Truck never should have come out of the alignment bay like this, zero pride in workmanship today and it's across all industries.

Edit, asked the service writer for pre and post alignment settings since he said the camber, caster and toe were way off.

IMG_1961.jpg

Pre alignment

IMG_1962.jpg

Post alignment, yeah, wayyy off:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And now the stupid mother ******* give me the truck back with the steering wheel off-center by about 3° to the right.

Was perfectly centered when it went in. A while back some of you asked why I serviced the drive shaft myself instead of letting the dealer do it, because of sh** like this :mad:(n)

Truck never should have come out of the alignment bay like this, zero pride in workmanship today and it's across all industries.
I gotta say, I probably would have drove right back to the front service desk and demanded that fixed.

BowDown

Reaction score
I gotta say, I probably would have drove right back to the front service desk and demanded that fixed.

I did, I'm not one of those people that just accept poor or improper service. We'll be here till this time tomorrow if it's not fixed.

Can't wait for them to ask me for a review.
Do not use Frisco Dodge service

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Took it to the dealer for an alignment.

They tried to upsale me on $1000 of bullsh**

Cabin and Air filters are washable and both have been in the last 6 months.
The diff fluid was changed 9 months ago and the brake fluid is fine and even if it's not, I have a Motive power brake bleed system and an air compressor powered fluid extractor both of which can power bleed the brakes.

And they wonder why people call them stealerships

View attachment 150707

I just looked at the service writer and said no. He then tried to explain why these were necessary to which I told him, not on a 50k mile truck
That's just standard suggestions for the mileage. If you are replacing stuff yourself, they don't know what you have done. Unfortunately, most owners don't do their own work, and don't have enough knowledge to understand whet some of those services are to do themselves.

BowDown

Reaction score
That's just standard suggestions for the mileage. If you are replacing stuff yourself, they don't know what you have done. Unfortunately, most owners don't do their own work, and don't have enough knowledge to understand whet some of those services are to do themselves.

Standard suggestions are one thing, lying and telling me that these are current problems that need to be addressed is another. The service writer stated that they inspected these items and they were in need of service.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Standard suggestions are one thing, lying and telling me that these are current problems that need to be addressed is another. The service writer stated that they inspected these items and they were in need of service.
Lol, yeah, that's definitely shsdy

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not been real impressed with the Airlift 1000 bags. Starting to think part of the problem is the taller springs of the Rebel/ORG, which creates a larger volume they weren't designed for. So, working on some spacers to take up that extra inch.

One other thing I didn't like during install, and still worry about, is the bag rubbing on the axle perch sharp edge. Whether the spacers work or not, they'll at least keep the bags off the edge. 20230130_191518.jpg

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not been real impressed with the Airlift 1000 bags. Starting to think part of the problem is the taller springs of the Rebel/ORG, which creates a larger volume they weren't designed for. So, working on some spacers to take up that extra inch.

One other thing I didn't like during install, and still worry about, is the bag rubbing on the axle perch sharp edge. Whether the spacers work or not, they'll at least keep the bags off the edge. View attachment 150713
are you keeping 5.psi in them when not in use? its required

in your picture they seem to be empty or was this just to see under? 20221115_120839.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread