5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

GR1MREAPER

Reaction score
Backed into a flippin’ mailbox. I was backing out of my Grandson’s home and I guess I just wasn’t paying attention. It was very dark on that street. I can’t for the life of me understand how posted mailboxes are legal in my city. Ridiculous! I swear there are no other streets in the city limits that have streetside mailboxes. 🤷🏻‍♂️

There are also 2 small scratches that hopefully will buff out.

Edit - Just found out that the OEM light housings are $700!!!

View attachment 145929
eBay and get some nice smoked ones. Brand new sets are around 299-400. Look a lot better also

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
All personal preference to be honest. I prefer the look with these caliper covers that have the small details on them opposed to painting the stock ones. There are some caliper covers that look cheap, but I don’t feel the rough country ones look cheap.
As for heat, the back of these covers are open, I don’t see it holding in much heat. I drove around a good bit yesterday after installing and the covers weren’t too hot to touch.

I’m assuming quicker too - do you just remove the wheels & bolt the calipers on? Sounds easier than removing calipers, bleeding the lines, etc

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I wasn’t even aware that was an option! Wish I would’ve known that when I sprayed the ones on my Jeep. 🤪
Removing and spraying us definitely the more professional way to do it. Allows you to actually get them clean before applying the coating/paint

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Um, I've cleaned them just fine on the car. I don't mind my amateur high school mods though... 😄

meansteve69

Reaction score
that sucks

what do you have?
I basically have the same truck. Wishing you well, man. Keep us posted.
Watch those SOBs try to void your warranty because of the non-dealer-installed 18s....
Its happens unfortunately.. hopefully the dealer can get you fixed up and on your way the timing sucks but its typically the dealer that provides the loaner and/or rental some are better then others. It could be a issue with any manufacturer not just Chrysler keep that in mind.
Wow that sucks. They should give you a loaner no questions asked. The fact they just let you fend for yourself is really sad. Guess after delivery and kissing *** every chance they can to get perfect survey scores the exceptional service ends there. Pathetic. The service following well after the sale is going to retain future customers. I guess these days with the demand how it is that doesn’t even matter at all anymore.😡
That’s the Mopar warranty for you. Even with a Mopar Maxcare warranty - which does cover a rental - you still don’t get ANYTHING until they have diagnosed the truck and verified that the repair is covered by the warranty.

That is why, with my latest truck, I got an extended warranty through Allstate. It provides a rental as soon as the truck is out of service. I got screwed by the Mopar warranty before. Not again.
What happened???
Oh no! Sorry to hear that....
I think you lucked out there actually. I would much prefer a new factory engine swapped in than to stick with one that has been opened up and bastardized by a tech fresh out of school.

think i tagged everyone who had asked me about my dead 1500... well if you'd like to follow along the continued sh!t show i made another thread

cheers 🍻

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well my morning certainly didn't go as planned.

Little old grandpa dude decided it was okay to go for a drive without a valid license and pull out across my lane. Had no way to avoid the ensuing T-bone.

Now 'Stryker' has to bear the brunt of it...

Update: Got a call from insurance this morning that the truck needs to go to a shop to be inspected/assessed fully as they're still not able to decide between repair or write-off. The shop says no spots available until mid-February so I shall remain truckless for a few months yet.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Update: Got a call from insurance this morning that the truck needs to go to a shop to be inspected/assessed fully as they're still not able to decide between repair or write-off. The shop says no spots available until mid-February so I shall remain truckless for a few months yet.
Find a different body shop

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Find a different body shop
Of the 5 shops approved by my insurer in my city, the earliest availability I found was the middle of February. I could go ahead and use a non-approved site, but I would need to pay for the repairs upfront and then be reimbursed. I ain't playin that game.

There is a shop in a neighboring city (90mins away) that has a 3 week lead time but I chose not to go with them. I was worried that should there be a need for follow-up work after the repair, I would have to drive 3 hours (round trip), lose business days, and coordinate trans-city transportation on each occasion, as work is guaranteed by the repair facility and not by the insurer.

Since the other party was found to be 100% at fault, my rental is not costing me anything and I get to keep the car until I get the truck back. It hurts not having my truck while paying for it, but in the grand scheme of things......it could be a lot worse.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Of the 5 shops approved by my insurer in my city, the earliest availability I found was the middle of February. I could go ahead and use a non-approved site, but I would need to pay for the repairs upfront and then be reimbursed. I ain't playin that game.

There is a shop in a neighboring city (90mins away) that has a 3 week lead time but I chose not to go with them. I was worried that should there be a need for follow-up work after the repair, I would have to drive 3 hours (round trip), lose business days, and coordinate trans-city transportation on each occasion, as work is guaranteed by the repair facility and not by the insurer.

Since the other party was found to be 100% at fault, my rental is not costing me anything and I get to keep the car until I get the truck back. It hurts not having my truck while paying for it, but in the grand scheme of things......it could be a lot worse.
Well, at least you have a rental. Hopefully it's not some small compact thing. Should be comparable to your Ram

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
2022 Durango RT with 13000km on it. It's more thirsty than my pentastar but a nice ride otherwise.
Not a bad rental. I'd be happy with that. I mean, it's not your truck, but at least it's a Mopar and not a compact car.

uscgmac

Reaction score
Added a Weathertech low profile hood protector.
184ad1d4eee1b9c09ce2fcc3a0e5964b.jpg
ff4270b7aed6d3d3ec9ea800589871b8.jpg
ba1b169e0993c87ab952c27e2915fdb6.jpg

Sent from my SM-A136U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online